<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Starting a new fleet of anti-Yao bandwagons?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:22 am
Posts: 37Location: Vancouver, CanadaJoined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:55 pm
"The final verdict is that Shaq is still capable of destroying Yao with spins and power moves in the low post. And that Shaq's sheer physicality turns Yao into the world's tallest jump shooter."

Having unblockable jump-shooting skills is a bad thing? Sounds like the author thinks a good basketball player doesn't need to know how to shoot the ball... he only needs to know how to plant himself under the basket and dunk. I thought Yao had some spin moves of his own. If Shaq can destroy Yao, why was he held to so few points? Yeah, Shaq destroyed Yao all right. I must have watched a different game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:29 pm
Shanghai wrote:
Yao's not that kind of player where he needs to bully his way to the top.

He has grace and respect for the game and everyone around him, things you would never see in most people.

I don't understand why everyone wants Yao to become this beast when he just wants to be his own person.

-Shanghai [/size]

Because he is playing basketball in United States, where everyone wants to bully others....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:39 pm
Shanghai wrote:
Yao's not that kind of player where he needs to bully his way to the top.

He has grace and respect for the game and everyone around him, things you would never see in most people.

I don't understand why everyone wants Yao to become this beast when he just wants to be his own person.

-Shanghai

Well, tell me one NBA champion that doesn't bully others for the past 20 years, and win with grace and humility.

Ben Wallace and detroit= physical
Shaq = very physical
Duncan = physical under the rim
MJ= Slaps teammates, physical
Hakeem = physical under the rim
Isiah and the bad boys = look up the word bully in the dictionary
Larry Bird = "I feel insulted when a non-black man is guarding me", then you have mchale and parish who are physical

Magic and the Lakers = the only team that is not as physical

When the Magic and Lakers are winning, I was like 3 or 4 , so it shows you how much the game has changed. There is no place for being a pansy and relying on finesse when you are a big man with championship dreams.

You can clearly see that the leaders of championship teams are very physical and set the tone for the rest of the team. If Yao wants to be the leader of a championship team, then he should be physical too. If he is not born to be a physical player, then it's fine, just don't expect him or argue for him to be the leader of a championship team. He can still win rings playing secondary roles.

"He has grace and respect for the game and everyone around him, things you would never see in most people." <-- Doesn't mean jack squat if he doesn't win. Results are what counts in this world buddy. Nobody cares for "2nd best".

Offline Profile