<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  YAO IS PLAYING TOO SOFT!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:51 am
pryuen wrote:
chinese_fob wrote:
Count Pryuen as one of those morons who mindlessly vote for him. Yao can do no wrong in his eyes. 2 NBA all-star apperances he saids...Now make it 3 and Yao is great. No excuses. Yao's just wonderful. Don't like to attack Pryuen but he is such a Yao sycophant.

You don't have to resort to personal attacking me, and called me moron. :twisted: Sorry to advise you that he does not need my vote to be leading Shaquille O'Neal by 70,000 votes and the rest of the NBA stars with exactly 1 week to go for the All Stars voting. I don't even bother to vote.

I have to be blunt. Yao is definitely getting most of his votes from little chinese kids who dont know squat about ball. Heck, I know some of these kids and I shake heads in disgust when they tell me their voting Yao cos his "cool".

Seriously, this is not the WWF. Players should go to the all star with credibility in their performance. Not cos a bunch of stupid little (and old) kids got to much net time.

I voted for Brad Miller btw, just doing my bit to prevent Yao from going to the all-star game. But alas, for the 3rd straight year i've failed... :cry:

These kids kids got no idea of the politics and creditibility in the nba. Yao's creditablity is only gonna drop when he is continually being pushed commerically and hype-wise while his actual on-court performances are so far lagging behind.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
chinese_fob wrote:
Count Pryuen as one of those morons who mindlessly vote for him. Yao can do no wrong in his eyes. 2 NBA all-star apperances he saids...Now make it 3 and Yao is great. No excuses. Yao's just wonderful. Don't like to attack Pryuen but he is such a Yao sycophant.

You don't have to resort to personal attacking me, and called me moron. :twisted: Sorry to advise you that he does not need my vote to be leading Shaquille O'Neal by 70,000 votes and the rest of the NBA stars with exactly 1 week to go for the All Stars voting. I don't even bother to vote.

Pry, I'd advise you not to reply to these trolls who keep bashing you anymore.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:35 pm
Chuck__187 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
chinese_fob wrote:

I have to be blunt. Yao is definitely getting most of his votes from little chinese kids who dont know squat about ball. Heck, I know some of these kids and I shake heads in disgust when they tell me their voting Yao cos his "cool".

Seriously, this is not the WWF. Players should go to the all star with credibility in their performance. Not cos a bunch of stupid little (and old) kids got to much net time.

I voted for Brad Miller btw, just doing my bit to prevent Yao from going to the all-star game. But alas, for the 3rd straight year i've failed... :cry:

These kids kids got no idea of the politics and creditibility in the nba. Yao's creditablity is only gonna drop when he is continually being pushed commerically and hype-wise while his actual on-court performances are so far lagging behind.

In case you didn't know, the NBA is an international institution already. Hence, every vote counts. Besides, the All-Star game is a popularity contest. If not, why the heck is Vince Carter in the running? Seriously, who do you think Chinese fans will be voting for? If it was the other way around, say, the NBA is in China, and Yao is the first ever non-scrub American to play in the NBA. Who would the Americans vote for?

Yeesh lighten up will you guys? It's just an All-Star game! Not the MVP race!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:32 pm
HarmLess wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
chinese_fob wrote:

In case you didn't know, the NBA is an international institution already. Hence, every vote counts. Besides, the All-Star game is a popularity contest. If not, why the heck is Vince Carter in the running? Seriously, who do you think Chinese fans will be voting for? If it was the other way around, say, the NBA is in China, and Yao is the first ever non-scrub American to play in the NBA. Who would the Americans vote for?

Yeesh lighten up will you guys? It's just an All-Star game! Not the MVP race!

I love it. Overreactive Yao fans telling people to lighten up. Yao should be an all-star by default (ie who else is out there at the center position?). He is among the best of a bad lot, which is not saying much. Just an observation on my part. Nothing more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:10 am
chinese_fob wrote:
I love it. Overreactive Yao fans telling people to lighten up. Yao should be an all-star by default (ie who else is out there at the center position?). He is among the best of a bad lot, which is not saying much. Just an observation on my part. Nothing more.

:roll: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:28 am
chinese_fob wrote:

Nooo,
you dont make the all star team by default. You make it by playing good and gettting respect.

Anyways, it WELL KNOWN that Yao is heavily resented and disrepected for the HUGE gap between his offcourt endorsements and oncourt displays.
And quite frankly, so am I.

Seriousl y'all this is getting embrassing.
Do y'all want Yao to be remembered the worst top all-star vote getter.
No.

I want the MIng man to PLAY like a CHAMPION THEN get his all-star start. Not the other way around.

I read snipets of his autobiography and i was disgusted at Yao mouthing off about being so good and such that his an all-star. Geeez dude, its a joke ur in the all-star game for 3 years running as the leading vote getter.
I'd like to tell the Ming-man his a borderline all-star on current performance. And certainly didnt deserve to be in the all-star in his rookie year.
The all-star is one of the big illusions of his achievements.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:43 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
I want the MIng man to PLAY like a CHAMPION THEN get his all-star start. Not the other way around.

COOL OFF DUDE !!! :oops:

If he plays like a champion, he will then be MVP.

All Stars game is MORE on popularity and NOT necessarily about performance. Or else players like Vince Carter or Steve Francis or a lot others will not be All Stars in the past.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:50 am
pryuen wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

All Stars game is MORE on popularity and NOT necessarily about performance. Or else players like Vince Carter or Steve Francis or a lot others will not be All Stars in the past.

You forgot to mention Yao Ming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:02 am
pryuen wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

Well let me tell ya Yao will NOT BE VERY POPULAR when its obvious his playin performance SERIOUSLY LAGS his all-star votes and offcourt endorsements.

Seriously, most non-asians arent big fans of Yao anymore. THat is the truth. His not performing.
By the 2nd half of last season Yao was really getting respect he was really improving. But since the Olympics and offseason activities Yao has gone backwards.
Its really the Anna Kournikova syndome. Where a player is given massive off court appeal and $$$ and popularity based on marketability INSTEAD of DEMOSTRATED TALENT.
It basically screws up their sporting careers.

Well its happening to Yao. Even worse, his got the chinese government and even his parents and colin pine and whole other bunch of hangers who are screwing up his sports development.

Let me put it simply.
His acting like a little boy still and his GOT TO GROW UP!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:50 am
All the fans love Anna Kornicova, you kidding me. She doesn't need to win. She is hot! (per public opinion, i have my own opinions.) Yao's got what if he can't play ball? His looks?

Offline Profile