<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  YAO IS PLAYING TOO SOFT!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:41 pm
pryuen wrote:
bblock12000 wrote:
how many sub-par games this year as compared to last ?

How do you define sub-par first ?? Anything lower than 10 points scored ?? 15 points scored ?? 20 points scored ??

As maverickasian correctly pointed out, a lot of the times, a lot of the stuffs are invisible on the stats. The standard of officiating, the back-to-back situation, the physical and mental state of mind, the nano split of second decision, the amount of intimidation or other factors etc. could have crept into affecting a players' game.

So do you mean to say anything in the following 87 games of his sophomore season
that was below 10 points scored were poor and sub-par performance, and not contributory to his team winning ?? :roll:

http://www.yaomingmania.com/schedule2004.html

ok Pryuen. I let you set the standard. What in your mind constitues a good performance by Yao. 15pts? 20pts? 5 assist? 2 blocks? playoffs? game wining shots? 10 rebs? and compare that against the so called elites of the NBA and Yao is a second tirer player.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:16 pm
SERiously, i am concerned for the Ming-man.

At this current rate his gonna be booed endlessly and totally disrespected if he turns up at the all-star game without the on-court performances justifying his inclusion. Let alone being a starter and the top vote getter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 8232Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Chuck__187 wrote:

At this current rate his gonna be booed endlessly and totally disrespected if he turns up at the all-star game without the on-court performances justifying his inclusion. Let alone being a starter and the top vote getter.

people vote for him to start. yao is not vince carter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:40 pm
Posts: 172Location: Houston TXJoined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:22 am
Kind of tired with fans in Houston... When yao has three straight on the road games with over 20 points.. I did not see anyone said he did a good job but when he had a 6 points game... oh he is soft... I am not defending yao for the bad game but please to have topic about him being soft after three good games..... and one bad game.... please don't call yourself a Yao fan or for the matter of fact Rockets fan....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:29 am
I think that is the main reason why fans are not satisfied with his performance cos of his inconsistencies. If Yao can contribute 20 points and 10 rebs for 3 straight games, why did he have to fall off so much in the next game???? It doesn't have to do with bad officiating (not all of it anyway), injury, fatique etc etc. How is it possible 3 good games then suddenly a dramatic drop?? Slight drop will be tolerated cos every player hits the slumps every now and then but for Yao, it is just predictable. It is frustrating being his fans to see him put up this kind of nonsense almost halfway into the season. He should have adjusted to his teammates by now, and sorry guys but it is time for Yao to act up.

fuat13 wrote:
Kind of tired with fans in Houston... When yao has three straight on the road games with over 20 points.. I did not see anyone said he did a good job but when he had a 6 points game... oh he is soft... I am not defending yao for the bad game but please to have topic about him being soft after three good games..... and one bad game.... please don't call yourself a Yao fan or for the matter of fact Rockets fan....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:53 am
User avatarPosts: 1190Location: Discount Lion Safari!Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:31 pm
Chuck__187 wrote:

Well you can blame the morons who kept voting for him. Sorry but it really pisses me off that there are idiots out there who keep voting mindlessly for Yao whether he deserves it or not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:13 am
wangzzsux wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

Well you can blame the morons who kept voting for him. Sorry but it really pisses me off that there are idiots out there who keep voting mindlessly for Yao whether he deserves it or not.

Count Pryuen as one of those morons who mindlessly vote for him. Yao can do no wrong in his eyes. 2 NBA all-star apperances he saids...Now make it 3 and Yao is great. No excuses. Yao's just wonderful. Don't like to attack Pryuen but he is such a Yao sycophant.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:35 am
i admit that Yao is weak and make me disappointed
but
I STILL SUPPORT HIM~~~

It is good to see Rockets Win even though yao playing sxxks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:44 am
chinese_fob wrote:
wangzzsux wrote:
Chuck__187 wrote:

Count Pryuen as one of those morons who mindlessly vote for him. Yao can do no wrong in his eyes. 2 NBA all-star apperances he saids...Now make it 3 and Yao is great. No excuses. Yao's just wonderful. Don't like to attack Pryuen but he is such a Yao sycophant.

well, 99% of the ppl on here like pryuen.

But Yao logical and basketball knowledgable fans are bitterly disaapointed. That saying it straight.
No sugar coating no nothing. THe Ming-Man aint doing it.

It would been beter If Yao didnt play in all-star actually. And finally made the all-star on a good season so he know he EARNT it. Yep, I always believe nothing in life is free - even if its free or easy there is a cost down the line.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:13 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
chinese_fob wrote:

You don't have to resort to personal attacking me, and called me moron. :twisted: Sorry to advise you that he does not need my vote to be leading Shaquille O'Neal by 70,000 votes and the rest of the NBA stars with exactly 1 week to go for the All Stars voting. I don't even bother to vote.

Offline Profile