Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rockets v Magic 23 October 7pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
w the Rox, Yao leads by example, as shown by his work ethics and competitiveness.

Yao will clear that final cultural hurdle---burying that deeply imbedded polite BB mentality---adding some power moves to his repertoire.

that will come to fruition soon, maybe this coming season. for the rest of the NBA, it will like pick your poison---Yao's finesse moves or power moves. MVP caliber, a dominant force in the NBA


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 694Location: LotuslandJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am
bblock12000 wrote:
Yao will clear that final cultural hurdle---burying that deeply imbedded polite BB mentality---adding some power moves to his repertoire.



I hope that this will be true. I got a feeling that Yao might be struggling with his deeply imbedded cultural tendencies right now. Right now it is not his skills that are in question because he has showed everyone what he can do and he still got a lot of upside to what he can do. I think at this stage, his mental development is very crucial to his survival in NBA style BB. Solid players are fighting for playing time and top players want to show others why they are the top players. There is no room for politeness because opposing teams will use that as a weakness and capitalize on that.

The next Suns game, I want to see Yao stick it to Amare and shut that gut up for good. The last thing we need is a China marketing poster boy that other players can push around because he is too polite.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:37 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
Fightback wrote:
The next Suns game, I want to see Yao stick it to Amare and shut that gut up for good. The last thing we need is a China marketing poster boy that other players can push around because he is too polite.


But wait! Amare is on my fantasy team! ARG WHO TO CHEER FOR!?!?!


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 pm
Posts: 357Location: bay areaJoined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:39 pm
anyone see the half time show interview w/ yao on the kings vs. rockets beijing game? yao has spoken.

"i dont want to be nice all the time, if you stay in the sun too long, you get lazy" -yao

thats the first step to greatness, i can feel it.

besides, speaking on the outburst yao had at athens, it would of never happened if he never tasted american/nba life.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
Yao is one of the two best players on the rockets along with McGrady, yet neither are outspoken. That is a good attitude if you NEVER want to win the championship. I think a lot of it has to do with responsibility and being in the heat of battle too. Neither have experienced being deep into the playoffs, neither so far have had to be counted on to hit that big bucket with the Conference championship on the line or the Championship on the line. Those kinds of experiences will make you hungry, and if you fail to accomplish it long enough, will eat at you (a la Kevin Garnett and Chris Webber and all great players before him) until you finally drop all the BS and just say what's on your mind, ANYTHING TO WIN, even if it means hurting the feelings of teammates. That's what it takes to be a championship contender. Right now, the Rockets is talent laden, they are lacking in the guts, passion and experience department.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 727Location: ShanghaiJoined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:36 am
Fightback wrote:
bblock12000 wrote:
Yao will clear that final cultural hurdle---burying that deeply imbedded polite BB mentality---adding some power moves to his repertoire.



I hope that this will be true. I got a feeling that Yao might be struggling with his deeply imbedded cultural tendencies right now. Right now it is not his skills that are in question because he has showed everyone what he can do and he still got a lot of upside to what he can do. I think at this stage, his mental development is very crucial to his survival in NBA style BB. Solid players are fighting for playing time and top players want to show others why they are the top players. There is no room for politeness because opposing teams will use that as a weakness and capitalize on that.

The next Suns game, I want to see Yao stick it to Amare and shut that gut up for good. The last thing we need is a China marketing poster boy that other players can push around because he is too polite.


I'm not worried about this aspect.

Yao is still young...there's plenty of time for him to develop his leadership and assertiveness. It will come with time and as his confidence develops more and more....

We can be sure that when it does finally happen, he'll be unstoppable... :)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:17 pm
Posts: 255Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:52 pm
:D
12 points in 22 minutes ain't that bad.....it's preseason so who really cares?
kobe bryant only scored 2 points in 9 minutes against seattle, miller scored like 5 points.....do they suck? no, it's just preseason.

yao is still young but will get much better, you guys just have to be patient. yao will only get bigger, stronger, and better.
look at kobe bryant, how many points he avg in first and second year? 7 ppg and 15ppg. T-Mac similar point production too. heck, we could of at that time bad mouth kobe and t-mac too.....

Yao will score at least 20-22 ppg this year....


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 694Location: LotuslandJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am
code9x wrote:
:D
12 points in 22 minutes ain't that bad.....it's preseason so who really cares?
kobe bryant only scored 2 points in 9 minutes against seattle, miller scored like 5 points.....do they suck? no, it's just preseason.

yao is still young but will get much better, you guys just have to be patient. yao will only get bigger, stronger, and better.
look at kobe bryant, how many points he avg in first and second year? 7 ppg and 15ppg. T-Mac similar point production too. heck, we could of at that time bad mouth kobe and t-mac too.....

Yao will score at least 20-22 ppg this year....


Thank you for putting everything into perspective for us.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 694Location: LotuslandJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am
PengYao wrote:
Fightback wrote:
bblock12000 wrote:
Yao will clear that final cultural hurdle---burying that deeply imbedded polite BB mentality---adding some power moves to his repertoire.



I hope that this will be true. I got a feeling that Yao might be struggling with his deeply imbedded cultural tendencies right now. Right now it is not his skills that are in question because he has showed everyone what he can do and he still got a lot of upside to what he can do. I think at this stage, his mental development is very crucial to his survival in NBA style BB. Solid players are fighting for playing time and top players want to show others why they are the top players. There is no room for politeness because opposing teams will use that as a weakness and capitalize on that.

The next Suns game, I want to see Yao stick it to Amare and shut that gut up for good. The last thing we need is a China marketing poster boy that other players can push around because he is too polite.


I'm not worried about this aspect.

Yao is still young...there's plenty of time for him to develop his leadership and assertiveness. It will come with time and as his confidence develops more and more....

We can be sure that when it does finally happen, he'll be unstoppable... :)


Great stuffs! I think many of us were high on the hype lately.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
That was his problem for trying to lay in an easy two and got blocked by Mobley last night. Dunking sometime will get you an extra point since some defender don't like being dunk on and they tend to foul you. Thats why Yao is getting block by so many small players becasue he usually underestimate them and go off laying it in softly at time.[/quote]

Yup that's quite true pryuen. IMHO, Yao should dunk the ball every chance he gets. It will intimidate any potential blockers, and will raise the chances of drawing a foul for the extra free throw. Plus, it will erase his "soft" image.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 21 of 22
214 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron