<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rockets v Magic 23 October 7pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bblock12000 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is growing into a man, and be dominant in the paint !!!
that makes as much sense as
    :arrow: wZZ doesn't need to fight for a rebound nor dive for loose balls.
    :arrow: wZZ was not given an opportunity in the NBA
    :arrow: Dwight Howard (scoring 8 against starters) sux---based on points scored against the hawks in pre-season---wZZ (scoring 16, during garbage time) doesn't

BBlock

CUT THAT CRAP !!!! You don't need to "ambush" me on every opportunity available just that I am a fan of both WZZ and Yao Ming. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

Did I say anything wrong on Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is dominant in the paint, both offensive and defensive?

He is and will be dominant in the paint:

:arrow: as he consistently grabs 10 ~ 15 rebounds both offensive and defensive per game
:arrow: shot blocking 2 ~ 3 shots per game
:arrow: deploy his various weaponry of hook shots, jump shots, layups, tip-in including dunks of course to consistently score > 20 points each game
:arrow: contest and altar opponents' shots
:arrow: passing and assisting his team mates for easy open shots or treys from the peripherals

He could dunk, dunk, dunk......but could well be a defensive liability and not dominant in the paint.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
you're out of touch w the nuances of NBA Basketball. get real :!:

Yao is an NBA all-Star, w limitless potential.

but, Duncan, at this time, is better than Yao. and Duncan is not even dominant, on the same level as Shaq

Yao is excellent; needs power moves to complement his finesse game. absent those power moves, he can never be dominant.

to disminish Shaq's game as merely effective, but when in fact, he is dominant---and annointing Yao as being dominating when his has been effective---is stupid.

you need to come to grips w reality:
    :arrow: the earth is round and
    :arrow: wZZ sux, thus far, in the NBA
    :arrow: Yao needs to step up to the next level toward dominance in the NBA; not there yet

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:54 pm
Posts: 357Location: bay areaJoined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:39 pm
"youre either born aggressive or youre not" -charles barkley on yao ming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:18 pm
bblock12000 wrote:

Yao is an NBA all-Star, w limitless potential.

but, Duncan, at this time, is better than Yao. and Duncan is not even dominant, on the same level as Shaq

Yao is excellent; needs power moves to complement his finesse game. absent those power moves, he can never be dominant.

to disminish Shaq's game as merely effective, but when in fact, he is dominant---and annointing Yao as being dominating when his has been effective---is stupid.

:arrow: Yao needs to step up to the next level toward dominance in the NBA; not there yet

you are not NBA expert...... please cut your crap against pryuen :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
neither are you.

but , unlike you, i know that 2 is not 3

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
True, you are either born aggressive or not, but culture plays a major part. I wouldn't listen to everything that the Chuckmeister says. He doesn't even know the friggin difference between "your" and "you're". Sad is the fact that Kenny Smith had to point out the difference to the Chuckmeister by saying, "this is YOUR shirt" and "YOU'RE an idiot". After that, chuckmeister STILL didn't get the difference. Sad will be the day America learns their wisdom from idiots like Chuck. He might have a basketball mind, but that's about it. Frankly...whether you are born aggressive or not, does not affect how you play. It's all about effort. Dunking is effort, boxing out is effort, bodying people is effort. I don't see how any of these things have to do with how you are born and what your culture did to you, it's just an excuse.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:42 am
bblock12000 wrote:

bblock12000 wrote:
neither are you.

but , unlike you, i know that 2 is not 3

bblock12000, you need to CHILL OUT!
It's perfectly OK that you have some different opinions.
But you don't need to attack everyone like a mad dog.
Maybe you don't like WZZ. But it's ridiculous to decry others who like WZZ, so arrogantly.

You need to grab some reality too:
:arrow: The world doesn't revolve around you, or anyone else for that matter.
:arrow: Other people's opinions are just as valuble as yours.
:arrow: Yao Ming doesn't need you to tell him what he needs -- He knows what he needs!
:arrow: Stop being a jerk coz nobody like you that way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
when ppl say someone was born like this like that, they actually mean born & growing up environment.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
[quote="JVG"][color=darkred][i][b]But I have an obligation to our team in the last two (preseason games) to play it for real. So if you're going to answer questions

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 727Location: ShanghaiJoined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:36 am
[quote="OOLONG48"][quote="JVG"][color=darkred][i][b]But I have an obligation to our team in the last two (preseason games) to play it for real. So if you're going to answer questions

Offline Profile