<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rockets v Magic 23 October 7pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
Well, I was just making the note that Brad Miller who is half a foot shorter than Yao always has a good game against him. The funny thing is, Pryuen is right in that, a center does not need to dunk to be dominant. For instance, Kareem the real dream Abdul Jabbar dominated and he hardly ever dunked, although he may have dunked more than Yao, but that's beside the point. If Yao is not a dunker, then he needs to develop some reliable easy shot like the hook when he is under the basket. Just no layups!!!!!!!!!!! Layups are weak!!! It can get blocked, redirected, stolen etc. They should ban Yao from making layups...ahahaha, how funny would that be...if JVG said...no more layups big man. From now on, all you can do is dunk it or hook it, the only times Yao should be able to make a layup is when he bodies the guy out of the way, so that he earns it...ala Shaq who knows how to use his weight.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:30 pm
if yao has a bad game people alaways come up with excuses saying why he had a bad game. 3rd year people no excuses. I am a yao fan but he has become overated. :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is growing into a man, and be dominant in the paint !!!
that makes as much sense as
    :arrow: wZZ doesn't need to fight for a rebound nor dive for loose balls.
    :arrow: wZZ was not given an opportunity in the NBA
    :arrow: Dwight Howard (scoring 8 against starters) sux---based on points scored against the hawks in pre-season---wZZ (scoring 16, during garbage time) doesn't

Last edited by bblock12000 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 694Location: LotuslandJoined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:36 am
ayaomingfan wrote:
Fightback wrote:
Guys, I think JVG did a lot for this game.

First, by putting scrubs with Yao, he wants to see if Yao can be the leader that he is supposed to be. Yao failed miserably. Yao needs to party down and stops being a nice guy.

Second, he wants to see who deserves playing time during the regular season. Now it is clear who deserves em.

Third, he wants to Magic to win in the preseason and hype up the Rox for the regular season. I am going to bet my mother that the Rox is going to slaughter Magic when it counts.

This is the perfect game to test those that needs to be tested because Magic was going to come out swinging.

I am quite sad because Yao really looked like a ******* out there and not carrying his scrub teammates when they needed him. All that sentimental things about his childhood, his this and that needs to be thrown into the garbage. We need an angry Yao with the attitude to go with it. I know its preseason and he should not be doing things that may injure him but he should let Magic knows who is the Boss around here after all that hype.

He needs to ditch his girlfriend and go on a Wilk rampage. He needs to let the people know that he is 7' 6" and his shoes are reallly HUGE! He needs to get that hot Viet Rox dancer and slam it down where it counts.

Do you realize how absurd you sound? You are vicariously living through Yao Ming's big shoes. If Yao gets that hot viet rox dancer, somehow, in your pathetic mind, you get her too. How absurd. You're not Yao and thank God Yao isn't you.

I think Yao should stick with his true love Ye Li, but Yao's romance life is none of our business!

About the Viet Chick, it is a tongue in cheek way to say that Yao needs to get rid of his nice boy image and let his skills and size do the talking. If you can't even figure that out and thought that I actually wants him to go skirt chasing, then you are absurb yourself

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:07 pm
Rocket111 :!:

If you think Yao's so overrated...

Why don't you suggest we trade him to another team???

There are many better players and coaches Yao could be playing with.

For me... it doesn't have to be Houston.

I'll watch Yao where ever he goes.

-Shanghai

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 606Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
Fightback wrote:
stormysnakes wrote:
Fightback wrote:
I agree. But this game probably showed us our worse fear----> Yao can't lead.

Yao led the CNT during the Olympics, so he has the ability to lead.

Yeah. He can lead when he is in his comfort zone, his own people. Can he lead when he is being paid max? That's what I will like to know. This season is the make or break for Yao. JVG even said that it is up to Yao whether he wants to dominate or not. "He got talent". If Yao's listening right now, I would say go with your instinct without being hampered by your cultural upbringing. You have the talent, you have the skills, that's all you need. Stop being nice and polite and looking for affirmation from others. Show them what you can do. Kick ***** and get that viet dancer chick,

I smell a Juwan Coward.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 606Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
wangzzsux wrote:
Fightback wrote:
Show them what you can do. Kick ***** and get that viet dancer chick,

I think Yao should stick with his 6ft+ girlfriend so they can produce offspring genetically engineered for basketball. :lol:

Zheng Haixia would be the ideal choice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:28 pm
Shanghai wrote:
Rocket111 :!:

If you think Yao's so overrated...

Why don't you suggest we trade him to another team???

There are many better players and coaches Yao could be playing with.

For me... it doesn't have to be Houston.

I'll watch Yao where ever he goes.

-Shanghai

he is a excellent player. I am trying to say he is overated because people say he is dominant.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:48 pm
Posts: 357Location: bay areaJoined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:39 pm
yao, please lead the chinese people in america to the promise land.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
I thought this WAS the "promised" land, uh...at least that what my folks tell me when they lived on "farmland". Propaganda? Frankly I don't think the US is all that, with materialism and a higher standard of living, it seems other things follow, like 50% divorce rates, drug, alcohol abuse, bitchy people with attitudes, who are all into themselves, etc etc. Anyone else feel the same or just me? Pryuen!!! Will you defend this one? You're old school right?! LOL

Offline Profile YIM