<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Rockets v Magic 23 October 7pm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:36 am
Posts: 141Location: Yao's hometownJoined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm
T-Mac is long GONE! Get over it, LOSER![/quote]

Quote:
Please,dude,even if somebody said some crap,you do not have to call them losers,you just aren't allowed to do so here.
Quote:
[b][i][u][color=red]
[/b][/i][/u][/color]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:03 am
Posts: 141Location: Yao's hometownJoined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm
whs wrote:
JVG may have puprosely let Orlando win today. :idea: Prob something to do with him being guilty of sending SF to Magic. :lol: :? :?

I think you are right,JVG feels guilty to trade SF & CM.
Quote:
JVG deliberately lost this game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:25 am
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:03 am
oh yeah
and houston hit 0% beyound the arc.

3 pointer shooting practice.
i bet that's the first thing on JVG's drill sheet tomorrow
haha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:18 am
Fightback wrote:
Guys, I think JVG did a lot for this game.

First, by putting scrubs with Yao, he wants to see if Yao can be the leader that he is supposed to be. Yao failed miserably. Yao needs to party down and stops being a nice guy.

Second, he wants to see who deserves playing time during the regular season. Now it is clear who deserves em.

Third, he wants to Magic to win in the preseason and hype up the Rox for the regular season. I am going to bet my mother that the Rox is going to slaughter Magic when it counts.

This is the perfect game to test those that needs to be tested because Magic was going to come out swinging.

I am quite sad because Yao really looked like a ******* out there and not carrying his scrub teammates when they needed him. All that sentimental things about his childhood, his this and that needs to be thrown into the garbage. We need an angry Yao with the attitude to go with it. I know its preseason and he should not be doing things that may injure him but he should let Magic knows who is the Boss around here after all that hype.

He needs to ditch his girlfriend and go on a Wilk rampage. He needs to let the people know that he is 7' 6" and his shoes are reallly HUGE! He needs to get that hot Viet Rox dancer and slam it down where it counts.

Do you realize how absurd you sound? You are vicariously living through Yao Ming's big shoes. If Yao gets that hot viet rox dancer, somehow, in your pathetic mind, you get her too. How absurd. You're not Yao and thank God Yao isn't you.

I think Yao should stick with his true love Ye Li, but Yao's romance life is none of our business!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:28 am
User avatarPosts: 727Location: ShanghaiJoined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:36 am
Fightback wrote:
ZingyDNA wrote:
it's just a pre season game... i don't see anything wrong with 12 point in 22min. i don't even see anything wrong with the 25 point loss :
it's just a pre season game.

I agree. But this game probably showed us our worse fear----> Yao can't lead.

C'mon...a bit melodramatic I think...that's way too strong a conclusion based on one pre-season game with a bunch of team-mates, half of whom are still new to Yao and some of whom are not yet even signed with the Rox and will never be...

Yao is a team-player rather than an "I" player. Yes, we all want him to lay the law down more and be the leader etc, but Yao thrives best on a team that is playing as a team together...so if we forever expect him to act like god on the court, then we're gonna be forever disappointed.

Yao's "team" was essentially not there with him tonight (4/5 starters on bench)...and it obviously affected his game...as it would have done to anyone in his position IMO

Having said that, 12 pts and 6 rbs in 22 mins is not exactly a failure. Guess what ?...That's the equivalent of 20 points and 10 rebounds in 36 mins...not exactly a poor performance...

As for his turnovers, yes too many...but the dynamics of the line up must have had something to do with this. Also his turnovers are somewhat mitigated by NO fouls and his 2 steals...Yao stealing the ball? When did he do that before??

So let's put this all in perspective, it was pre-season and it wasn't the normal starters...

Let's wait for the full season before we start making final conclusions on Yao being "inconsist" and "overhyped" etc.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:07 am
pryuen wrote:
neodurdin wrote:
true, you don't get extra points for dunking, but it's what separates the man from the boys, the warriors from the wimps.

Naaaaaah, IMO, that's exaggeration MORE than anything. Yao Ming does not need to dunk just to prove he is growing into a man, and be dominant in the paint !!!

That was his problem for trying to lay in an easy two and got blocked by Mobley last night. Dunking sometime will get you an extra point since some defender don't like being dunk on and they tend to foul you. Thats why Yao is getting block by so many small players becasue he usually underestimate them and go off laying it in softly at time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:20 am
User avatarPosts: 1043Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:03 pm
Yao got blocked by Mobley? That's embarrassing. Seriously man, throw it down, big guy. Throw it down.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:28 am
User avatarPosts: 644Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm
Yeah, it really is pathetic to get blocked by a guard. I mean, come on...how much more effort does it really take to dunk the thing as opposed to laying it up when you are 7' 5"...seriously, he hardly even needs to jump for crying out loud!! It's just a little hop and a dunk, why is this soooooo hard for the big guy??!? I can understand is it was a guard, it would take a lot more effort and expend a lot more energy to dunk every chance you get, but someone as tall as Yao, so close to the basket?? And all you need to do is hop a little? I mean, there really is no excuse, it's really pathetic actually. Like I said before, unless he really begins to dominate a little more inside, I don't think the Rockets can win it all. You put a smaller center on him like Brad Miller and he pushes him around all freaking night...it's pathetic, Yao needs to learn how to use his 325 lbs and push people around some more instead of getting pushed around. In practice, he should work on pushing people around, dunking on people, conditioning and I would love it if someone instigates a fight with him, piss him off. That's what we need, a pissed off Yao, this is America and the NBA, there is no place for politeness and layups for the second freaking tallest player in the league. I sure hope Mutombo pisses him off.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:36 am
Quote:
That was his problem for trying to lay in an easy two and got blocked by Mobley last night. Dunking sometime will get you an extra point since some defender don't like being dunk on and they tend to foul you. Thats why Yao is getting block by so many small players becasue he usually underestimate them and go off laying it in softly at time.

DAYYUUUMMMM!!! getting blocked by Mobley, no excuse for that!! DUNK IT YOU BIG #$#@%@$#%. This ain't China, these black guys have hops and will block your sorry a$$ layups!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 1043Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:03 pm
neodurdin wrote:
Yeah, it really is pathetic to get blocked by a guard. I mean, come on...how much more effort does it really take to dunk the thing as opposed to laying it up when you are 7' 5"...seriously, he hardly even needs to jump for crying out loud!! It's just a little hop and a dunk, why is this soooooo hard for the big guy??!? I can understand is it was a guard, it would take a lot more effort and expend a lot more energy to dunk every chance you get, but someone as tall as Yao, so close to the basket?? And all you need to do is hop a little? I mean, there really is no excuse, it's really pathetic actually. Like I said before, unless he really begins to dominate a little more inside, I don't think the Rockets can win it all. You put a smaller center on him like Brad Miller and he pushes him around all freaking night...it's pathetic, Yao needs to learn how to use his 325 lbs and push people around some more instead of getting pushed around. In practice, he should work on pushing people around, dunking on people, conditioning and I would love it if someone instigates a fight with him, piss him off. That's what we need, a pissed off Yao, this is America and the NBA, there is no place for politeness and layups for the second freaking tallest player in the league. I sure hope Mutombo pisses him off.

From the China games, it looked like Yao got pretty good positions against Miller. I don't know what you are talking about.

Offline Profile