<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  What Yao said in his official website about his game

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:11 am
pryuen wrote:
Well, other than the post that tltchung has so kindly translated, Yao Ming had 3 other posts today on his chatroom !!

2 of those were responding to fans' responses to the above post about embarrassing questions asked by embarrassing Chinese reporters.

A fan posted that there had been talks about Yao Ming should be traded to another team.

Yao Ming's response was vey crispy: That's fine as long as it is not from the general manager of the Rockets !!!

Another post from Yao Ming was asking his fans not to make big fuss out of what the media was reporting and be objective and down-to-earth.

The third post was a response to a fan who asked Yao Ming to play more aggressive and be more individualistic and not be humble on court. The fan is of the opinion that if Yao Ming can rack up games of 40/20 or 20/20 day-in and day-out, nobody will care about whether the Rox wins or loses. And since Amercians care about individualism and heroes and rate a NBA player only on his statistics, Yao Ming should strive to be dominant on court and forgets about whether the team wins or loses.

Yao Ming response was simple:

I play with my own style. Who do you play game for ??

This is NOT good. Yao is actually defensive here. It would have been better if he hadn't responded. He seems to think his style is fine. It is if above average is all you're shooting for. Not if you have the skills to be dominant and the weight of the Chinese people on your shoulders. Be more aggressive and play ball!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:17 pm
Although we all love the fact that YM is generous enough to answer his fans questions and comments, I think someone needs to tell YM to stop this. It's ridiculous that he has to defend himself on a messageboard after every bad game! He doesn't need that distraction/stress.

Can someone relay that message to him? At the very least, there must be moderators on that board to weed out negative posters!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:22 pm
Although I've been guilty of this myself, I have to question whether it's right for anyone to demand of YM just because of this national origin. Why can't we just let YM be YM and let him be himself!

From now on, Im not going to criticize him for his humility. IF that's who YM is, then that is who he is and nothing we say or do can change that. It's similar to what JVG tried to do, change YM to a Shaq. It won't work.

It's embarrassing to see everyone on that YM messageboard to offer his opinion. Well..opinions are like an asshole. Everyone has one, right? Geez..I guess we human beings suck!

Let YM be YM, and support him at every turn. That's what fans should do.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Thank you! It can't help his game to have hundreds of uneducated bb fans telling him what he should do. Yao is fine. He's gonna be great one day... just wait and see.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:50 pm
xraymom wrote:
Thank you! It can't help his game to have hundreds of uneducated bb fans telling him what he should do. Yao is fine. He's gonna be great one day... just wait and see.

I hope your right (because you're usually wrong). :wink: :mrgreen:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:50 pm
Just Joking, xraymom, don't kill me. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
why are you so scared of me little boy? I feel like the neighborhood witch ever since you came. I'm not so mean, am I, Snack?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:02 pm
xraymom wrote:
why are you so scared of me little boy? I feel like the neighborhood witch ever since you came. I'm not so mean, am I, Snack?

I was just joking. :wink: :lol: ...you realized I only did that to up my posts...my posts per day has been dropping lately. :cry: ...it's just getting boring visiting this site cuz yao's not performing up to expectations.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:10 pm
Well, I guess we've been spoiled by Yao's early success. The scouts did say it would take Yao 3-4 years to dominate...we'll see if they were right in a couple of years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 415Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:45 pm
big_yaofan wrote:
Although I've been guilty of this myself, I have to question whether it's right for anyone to demand of YM just because of this national origin. Why can't we just let YM be YM and let him be himself!

From now on, Im not going to criticize him for his humility. IF that's who YM is, then that is who he is and nothing we say or do can change that. It's similar to what JVG tried to do, change YM to a Shaq. It won't work.

It's embarrassing to see everyone on that YM messageboard to offer his opinion. Well..opinions are like an asshole. Everyone has one, right? Geez..I guess we human beings suck!

Let YM be YM, and support him at every turn. That's what fans should do.

:shock: Wow, I'm starting to like you. :D

Offline Profile