<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  What Yao said in his official website about his game

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:59 am
User avatarPosts: 1991Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:55 pm
(Since Yao usually lefts a few posts regarding his recent game in his official forum, so maybe it's a good idea to pick these posts out and seaprate them from the thread in "Yao off the court" and put them here.)

Fan: Rockets is just a second-tier team, Yao Ming is still not the main weapon of the team.

Yao Ming 2003-11-1 1:19am
I'm feeling very grave right now. I ask everyone not to judge our whole team's strength just based on one game. Playing in a competition is also a game, every team has its own playing style. What's most important in a game is to control the game under our own playing style and tempo. Today we did poorly on both of these.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
sinobball wrote:
(Since Yao usually lefts a few posts regarding his recent game in his official forum, so maybe it's a good idea to pick these posts out and seaprate them from the thread in "Yao off the court" and put them here.)

Fan: Rockets is just a second-tier team, Yao Ming is still not the main weapon of the team.

Yao Ming 2003-11-1 1:19am
I'm feeling very grave right now. I ask everyone not to judge our whole team's strength just based on one game. Playing in a competition is also a game, every team has its own playing style. What's most important in a game is to control the game under our own playing style and tempo. Today we did poorly on both of these.

Also, it's interesting to know the reactions (FRUSTRATION AND WRATH) of the Chinese fans on the Rox' loss !!!! :shock: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
sinobball wrote:

Great idea!
Thanks, sinobball!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
sinobball,

please post my thoughts to YaoMing on his site:

I am an avid BB fan and want to see you become the MD (most dominant one) in the NBA.

to that end, you can ill-afford to play polite basketball. you need to adapt your BB mindset in sync with the "dog-eat-dog" world of the NBA

Sure, BB skills / finese / IQ are important, it is just as important to let opponents know that you also have sharp elbows, and not afraid to use them. absent that, they give you no respect---and continue to play dirty against you.

notice how the opponents are playing you, as compared to Amare Stouddamire.

:arrow: they do not hestitate to play dirty against you---elbowing and kneeing you. the Refs can't see everything. your politeness tells opponents know that you will not retaliate

:arrow: they don't dare playing dirty against Amare, because they know he will retaliate. there is an element of fear, or respect.

Hakeem / Kareem were two of the greatest finese players of all time. at the beginning of their careers, opponents played them dirty. but they adapted--going w the flow---and retaliated. they were embroiled in some fights; throwing the first punch to let oppoents know that they have zero tolerance for dirty plays.

with retaliation---harsh reality in the NBA---comes respect. it is a "dog-eat-dog" world.

I look forward to you taking the first step towards dominance in the NBA---punch the next guy who tries to rough you up.

so what you may get fined or suspended :!: your first punch in the NBA will reverberate to the NBA ballers "look out, dawgs, that Yao is a bad mother......"

A little respect goes a long way, insofar as giving you room to operate in the paint, to let your BB skills take over

Last edited by bblock12000 on Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:00 pm
Posts: 10Location: houston, tx.Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:23 am
well said...
but u forgot to say "PLEASE!!!" :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:57 pm
Hey Sinnnoball, is there an English forum on Yao's official website. I couldn't find it?

If there is only a Chinese forum, please post updates on Yao's replies!!! Thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
there is an English version, but it hardly has anything on it. The news is old, the pictures are rare, and I don't think there's a forum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xraymom wrote:
there is an English version, but it hardly has anything on it. The news is old, the pictures are rare, and I don't think there's a forum.

Well, the English version of yaoming.net REALLY sucks !! There is a so-called ASK YAO section where fans are invited to send in their messages or questions to Yao Ming; and supposedly Yao Ming will pick on 1 per week and respond. But I don't think it is happening that way.

On the contrary, the Chinese version is more live and updated, with more updated articles and photos. And their chatroom is JUST ridiculously funny and as crazy as ours, full of Yao-ONLY fans. Sometimes when posters came in to "criticize" and bash Yao, h@ll, hundreds of Yao supporters just hit back ferociously and those posts were just hilarious and fun !!! :P :P :P :wink: :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:34 am
A Yao Ming fan posted yesterday in the yaoming.net chatroom about his concern that there are less and less time Yao Ming touches the ball or attempts to shoot, and asjed Yao Ming whether he thought that represented a crisis.

http://yaoming.newclub.sohu.com/threadM ... &trange=-1

Yao Ming's response was: "Did you guys notice that now in the post match box scores (statistics), very often 4 to 5 Rox players have double digit score ?? That is a positive sign !!"

SO...........Yao Ming is still putting the team ahead of himself !!! :shock: :x :oops: :wink: :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:43 am
pryuen wrote:
A Yao Ming fan posted yesterday in the yaoming.net chatroom about his concern that there are less and less time Yao Ming touches the ball or attempts to shoot, and asjed Yao Ming whether he thought that represented a crisis.

http://yaoming.newclub.sohu.com/threadM ... &trange=-1

Yao Ming's response was: "Did you guys notice that now in the post match box scores (statistics), very often 4 to 5 Rox players have double digit score ?? That is a positive sign !!"

SO...........Yao Ming is still putting the team ahead of himself !!! :shock: :x :oops: :wink: :!:

So after Yao Ming's response, another poster commented that it is a good thing to play and contribute as a team player, but it is important that the rest of his team mates need to realize that and NOT just ONLY Yao Ming himself (is playing as a team player) !!!

Yao Ming's response was: "Your comment is indeed a revelation to me !!"

Does this mean Yao is p@ssed on how the rest of his team mates still continue playing ISO/selfish streetballs ???
:oops: :idea: :?: :!:

Offline Profile