<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  What's Yao's health status

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Is the ankle he had surgery on last year 100% healed. What's he doing for working out. I heard lots of nba players that retire still get an itch to play ball , work out all the time. Then there's some that just sit on their assz all day and get fat like Barkley. I hope Yao's not like that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ko_xinga wrote:
Is the ankle he had surgery on last year 100% healed. What's he doing for working out. I heard lots of nba players that retire still get an itch to play ball , work out all the time. Then there's some that just sit on their assz all day and get fat like Barkley. I hope Yao's not like that.

[size=117]Well, just forget about Yao Ming ever wants to return playing professional baskebtall.

IT'S OVER for him as a player.

He is healthy, at least he is not limping.

He said it alot of times he felt itchy to play ball, but he is busy as hell and I don't think he works out as frequently as when he was a player.

There were reports that he spent time on court giving pointers to his big guys Max Zhang Zhaoxu and Ji Xiang of Shanghai MAXXIS Sharks on their offensive and defensive moves.

On other times, he is now a university student at Shanghai Jiaotong University, and he needs to attend classes
at least twice a week, and he had never missed any of his classes.

And he showed up on every home court games of his team Shanghai MAXXIS Sharks.

And he showed up everywhere for his philanthropist/humanitarian work for his Foundation and the Shanghai city, as well as other commercial activities for his commercial endorsers.

He is also into politics, recently added as a new member of the Eleventh CPPCC of Shanghai [color=darkred]after his appointment as the Vice Chairman and Honorary Ambassador of Shanghai Public Diplomacy Association, a pseudo-governmental unit under the [b]Shanghai Committee of Chinese People

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:54 am
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
He'll be back on the court if he needs the money.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ko_xinga wrote:
He'll be back on the court if he needs the money.

He doesn't need money. He's earned MORE THAN he can spend for his life.

Even now his team Shanghai MAXXIS Sharks is losing on an average 10M Renminbi (approximately US$ 1.6M) per season, Big Yao can still afford it, as I guess some of those money came from commercial sponsorship anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:23 am
Yao Ming is the secret weapon in London.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:13 am
User avatarPosts: 15529Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
superjohn wrote:

Have you seen how fat Yao is getting?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 am
Malorkayel wrote:
superjohn wrote:

Have you seen how fat Yao is getting?

Well, Yao Ming is going to be REALLY the secret weapon for the national team in the 2012 London Olympics. :shock: :roll:

It has yet to be worked out whether Yao Ming will also travel to London or stay in Beijing, but he had committed to be the TV sports commentator for every of China's basketball game in the Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 am
User avatarPosts: 15529Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Nice to see Yao involved with basketball, I think he would make a great commentator. Even if it conflicts with him being an owner.

Offline Profile