Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I'm Proud to Have Survived in NBA and Shaq !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
tharock220 wrote:
Lol, that 71 points was the only time Robinson ever scored more than Hakeem's career high, and the Spurs were dumping him the ball in the last game of the season which happened to be meaningless.

Now that we've established Robinson MIGHT be able to have big scoring nights more often than Hakeem, let's examine the other end of the spectrum. Robinson was routinely in the 0-20 range far more often the Dream, and Hakeem played more than 3 straight seasons without scoring double digits. He was harder to stop, plain and simple. So you're might have an argument at the high end, but you're blown away at the low end.

They both averaged over 25ppg 4 times in their primes. David's peak was higher, Hakeem's averages were higher. That's just in the regular season. In the playoffs Robinson was routinely shut out and topped out at 25ppg. Hakeem averaged more than 30 twice in the playoffs.


Are you being stupid on purpose?

Break it down. David scored 71. Forget that this was the most that anyone had scored in the NBA since the 1970s. Jordan didn't do it. Bird didn't do it. Kareem didnt do it. 71 is the second most scored ever in the league by someone not named Wilt Chamberlain to that point, but you're right it really doesn't mean much. I mean... people PASSED HIM THE BALL to get him to 71. That's cheap as ******. Against the CLIPPERS. Obviously Jordan and all those guys knew that 71 on the clippers is cheap... anyone could do it, Robinson was just cheap enough to actually break that taboo coz he was chasing a scoring title. What a *******.

And forget that 71 is 20 more than Hakeem scored in overtime. rock doesn't like who it was against so we'll just pretend it means whatever he says it means.

you realize your argument that Robinson put up big numbers to compete against Shaq actually PROVES what a great scorer Robinson was right? I mean going for the SCORING TITLE is a point of shame for Robinson, right? When we're talking about proficiency scoring it's not like being in the running for the scoring title as a center actually proves how dominant a scorer he was. Oh they were trying to get him the ball... wow what a crappy scorer. He should have scored 90 at least in that instance against the Clippers. 71 PSSSSSSH that's lame. Give me Hakeem with 52 in overtime any day. The numbers clearly show how Hakeem is best.

Quote:
Yeah, that old Lakers teas with ancients like Magic(31), Worth(29), Scott(29), Perkins(29), and Divac(22). Those guys were cashing Buss's checks and their social security checks at the same bank.

The Rockets owned the Jordan's Bulls in 93 and only got better in 94. Basketball isn't a game where a<b and b<c means a<c when it comes to teams. Matchups account for a lot, and Hakeem wasn't some playoff pushover like Robinson and Karl Malone.


Again this is just stupid. That Lakers team had no Kareem, it didn't even have key roleplayers like Greene or key benchwarmers like Rambis. That was not a championship team. It wasn't even Showtime. You actually arguing that that busted Lakers team was better than Jordan's threepeat teams? That's an absolutely retarded argument. The Rockets never played the Bulls in the 93 playoffs. The idea that Hakeem's Rockets were better than Jordan is a particular fantasy that Houstonians have. Hakeem wasn't even considered better than Shaq or Robinson and spent most of Jordan's threepeat agitating for a trade and faking injury. It's asinine to ASSERT that Hakeem would have beaten Jordan without any evidence to support that fact when 99.9% of the outside world considers that ludicrous.

Quote:
Robinson's job was not to outscore Sabonis. He just happened to be the leading scorer in those games. Sabas didn't dominate Robinson as many want try to say.


Robinson's job was the same job that every US Olympian had for 30 years... to bring home the Gold. Robinson was the first in decades to fail to do so. You're not even addressing the differences I raised about the two teams. Most of those guys were out there playing an individual game. Robinson was primarily distinguised for scoring around 20 in that game... yet you say his job wasn't to score...?

Quote:
Robinson hasn't done much to distinguish himself from Ewing, and the rings don't do much for it because, well, everyone knows by that point Robinson was a roll player, and in 03 he wasn't even second banana. 95 basically exposed Robinson as a guy you weren't going to win a ring with as your main gun, and that has been the description of his career ever since.


Yeah Robinson hasn't done much to distinguish himself from Ewing except to win 2 championships... here come the conditions let's just ignore that the statement "Robinson hasn't done much to distinguish himself from Ewing" is literally unsupportable since even considering the rings it's literally untrue. Let's not hold rock to the standard of having to make literally FACTUAL statements.

Ewing a 1 time First team NBA player. With NO MVP. NO DPOY. No all defense first team obviously distinguished himself exactly the same as 2 time champ, 4 time first timem 4 time first defensive team, MVP, DPOY, 50th anniversary team David Robinson.


Quote:
He came over when he was damn near 31. If he wasn't content dominating in Spain then why did he stay. What you wrote is conjecture. If he were truly interested in testing himself against the world's best he would have come over in 90 or 91 or 92 or some time prior, but hey, if you want to think he came because Jordan was out even though he signed with the Blazers after Jordan had returned in March of 95 then go right ahead.


no ******. i wrote that what i typed and what you typed were both conjecture.

simple question. you dont see the logical fail in typing that him not coming over proves something when in fact he did come over? again are we not working with factual statement?

he was scared which is CLEARLY proven by him not coming over to the NBA.

but he did come over to the NBA. hmm...

Quote:
You mean a guy who had been around for 3 years, a guy who had been around for 6, a guy who had been around for 10, and a guy who had been around for 11 were the "holy sh!t now there's worthy competition in the NBA all the sudden" guys he came over to play.


a guy who just won the NBA championship. A guy who won the MVP. And a guy who won the scoring title? Who all happen to play your position? But no your post is right... they're all over the hill crappy players.

My assertion about it being the golden age of the center in the NBA is all wrong. you're right on this one those guys all sucked. it's not like there were 5 HOF players in Sabonis' position active and in their primes right when he came over. I mean one dude had been in the league a whole 6 years. what kind of ****** ***** old ***** player is that. he sucks. man hate Sabonis with no heart to come over like that knowing he was in his prime and unhurt while all these other fools were over the hill.

Quote:
You never saw Shaq or KG doing that sort of thing to Dirk Nowitzki or Steve Nash or Jordan doing it to Larry Bird. NBA players show respect to players worth respecting and guys who might get pissed off and drop 40 on them.


You think Dirk got respect in the league during the past 5 years. lol


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
temuchin wrote:

Are you being stupid on purpose?

Break it down. David scored 71. Forget that this was the most that anyone had scored in the NBA since the 1970s. Jordan didn't do it. Bird didn't do it. Kareem didnt do it. 71 is the second most scored ever in the league by someone not named Wilt Chamberlain to that point, but you're right it really doesn't mean much. I mean... people PASSED HIM THE BALL to get him to 71. That's cheap as ******. Against the CLIPPERS. Obviously Jordan and all those guys knew that 71 on the clippers is cheap... anyone could do it, Robinson was just cheap enough to actually break that taboo coz he was chasing a scoring title. What a *******.

And forget that 71 is 20 more than Hakeem scored in overtime. rock doesn't like who it was against so we'll just pretend it means whatever he says it means.

you realize your argument that Robinson put up big numbers to compete against Shaq actually PROVES what a great scorer Robinson was right? I mean going for the SCORING TITLE is a point of shame for Robinson, right? When we're talking about proficiency scoring it's not like being in the running for the scoring title as a center actually proves how dominant a scorer he was. Oh they were trying to get him the ball... wow what a crappy scorer. He should have scored 90 at least in that instance against the Clippers. 71 PSSSSSSH that's lame. Give me Hakeem with 52 in overtime any day. The numbers clearly show how Hakeem is best.



lawls....yeah just ignore the rest of my argument and focus on one season with one game and not even the playoffs that year. Let's completely forget about everything else and just use that to say Robinson was a better scorer. Is that the gist of your argument because that's what you appear to be saying.

The results speak for themselves. The regular season Hakeem: more points on similar efficiency. The post season Hakeem: way more points on waaaayyyyy higher efficiency. Argue against that or I think we're done here.


temuchin wrote:
Again this is just stupid. That Lakers team had no Kareem, it didn't even have key roleplayers like Greene or key benchwarmers like Rambis. That was not a championship team. It wasn't even Showtime. You actually arguing that that busted Lakers team was better than Jordan's threepeat teams? That's an absolutely retarded argument. The Rockets never played the Bulls in the 93 playoffs. The idea that Hakeem's Rockets were better than Jordan is a particular fantasy that Houstonians have. Hakeem wasn't even considered better than Shaq or Robinson and spent most of Jordan's threepeat agitating for a trade and faking injury. It's asinine to ASSERT that Hakeem would have beaten Jordan without any evidence to support that fact when 99.9% of the outside world considers that ludicrous.


Nope, the 91 Lakers weren't a championship contender in the least. That whole business about them winning 58 games and being in the NBA finals, and last I checked AC Green was on that team. He was 27 too, so he must have been ancient.

Jordan couldn't be beat either. It's not like he lost in 95 to the Magic, oh wait they did, but Jordan hadn't come back yet, oh wait he averaged 31 points on 48% shooting, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists which were strikingly similar to his averages the very next season.

You don't seem to understand that basketball is a team game where matchups matter a lot. The Rockets beat the Suns in 94 and 95, the Suns were 6-4 against the Sonics in those two seasons, so using the logic you appear to be putting forward the Rockets must have been able to bet Seattle right??? Doesn't work like that kiddo. The Rockets matched up well with Chicago, and that's why people agree the Rockets' titles aren't tainted by Jordan's absence.

temuchin wrote:
Robinson's job was the same job that every US Olympian had for 30 years... to bring home the Gold. Robinson was the first in decades to fail to do so. You're not even addressing the differences I raised about the two teams. Most of those guys were out there playing an individual game. Robinson was primarily distinguised for scoring around 20 in that game... yet you say his job wasn't to score...?


For the 400th time the point is that Robinson wasn't dominated by Sabonis. He was dominated by Hakeem to the tune of 36 points and 15 rebounds a game.


temuchin wrote:
Yeah Robinson hasn't done much to distinguish himself from Ewing except to win 2 championships... here come the conditions let's just ignore that the statement "Robinson hasn't done much to distinguish himself from Ewing" is literally unsupportable since even considering the rings it's literally untrue. Let's not hold rock to the standard of having to make literally FACTUAL statements.

Ewing a 1 time First team NBA player. With NO MVP. NO DPOY. No all defense first team obviously distinguished himself exactly the same as 2 time champ, 4 time first timem 4 time first defensive team, MVP, DPOY, 50th anniversary team David Robinson.


lolwut....so I guess Kobe's 5 championships put him level with Magic since he won 5 as well??? I'm not debating the Robinson wasn't better than Ewing. Everyone knos that, but there isn't much of a gap like there say between Hakeem and Robinson. Rings are possibly the stupidest argument in the world without context. Who won the Spurs titles??? Tim Duncan.

temuchin wrote:
no ******. i wrote that what i typed and what you typed were both conjecture.

simple question. you dont see the logical fail in typing that him not coming over proves something when in fact he did come over? again are we not working with factual statement?

he was scared which is CLEARLY proven by him not coming over to the NBA.

but he did come over to the NBA. hmm...


Wow, putting words in my mouth again. I never said he was scared. I said he was content playing inferior European competition, and you can say it's conjecture, but the events fit my "conjecture" better than they do yours.

temuchin wrote:
a guy who just won the NBA championship. A guy who won the MVP. And a guy who won the scoring title? Who all happen to play your position? But no your post is right... they're all over the hill crappy players.

My assertion about it being the golden age of the center in the NBA is all wrong. you're right on this one those guys all sucked. it's not like there were 5 HOF players in Sabonis' position active and in their primes right when he came over. I mean one dude had been in the league a whole 6 years. what kind of ****** ***** old ***** player is that. he sucks. man hate Sabonis with no heart to come over like that knowing he was in his prime and unhurt while all these other fools were over the hill.


Just so we're clear, those guys weren't worth playing before they won an NBA championship, a scoring title, and an MVP. Centers won the scoring title, the championship the season before. Why not come over then??? How about the year before when Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, and DRob averaged about 25 and 12 betweem them. Or the year before or the year before. No, the golden age of centers didn't start until the end of the 95 season.

Are you kidding me?!?!?! The NBA had an unbroken lineage of great bigs going back to the 70's. You know in the 70's there were these guys named Kareem, Walton, Malone, Hayes, etc. In the 80's Walton and Hayes dropped off but along came Hakeem and Ewing then Robinson. The NBA wasn't lacking quality centers from 90 to 95 for Sabonis to come test his mettle against.



temuchin wrote:
You think Dirk got respect in the league during the past 5 years. lol


I don't recall Shaq of KG ever doing to Dirk what they did to Sabonis and Jose Calderon respectively.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:57 pm
Posts: 4472Location: LAJoined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:40 pm
too lazy to ready what y'all arguing about, but I saw the game where Robinson scored 71, it was so he can win the scoring title... he was given the ball each and every time and both teams were just laughing and joking on the court as it was a totally meaningless game, there was no D whatsoever and he had free path the the rim each and everytime. Even when a teammate had a free shot right under the basket he would give the ball to Robinson so he can score instead. It was a total farce. Imagine the rookie game at the all stars...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:42 am
User avatarPosts: 12438Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
temuchin wrote:
As for Hakeem versus Robinson in 95. It's more a case of Hakeem having the playoffs of his life that year. You downplay David Robinson.

He often outplayed Hakeem in many of their meetings before his injury. Robinson was MVP in 1995.
turd, again, is making up stuff.

Hakeem consistenly out-play DRob; DRob was quick, but Hakeem was quicker.
temuchin wrote:
look as I said to druno's insane rant, it's a debatable point how great Sabonis would have been. He have no direct evidence of how a prime Sabonis versus a prime Olajuwon would stack up.
Hakeem play his entire professional career against the highest level of BB, and the dirties level of play is tolerated, vicious elbows and cheap shot, not to mention the back-to-back games, playing as many as 4 games a week.

on the flip side, despite being drafted by the NBA whose pays baller much more than the Euro Leaue, Sabonis opted for the less competitive Spanish league, where they play 2 games a week, never a back-to-back game.

Hakeem would have schooled the less competitive Sabo, just like he did against Shaq


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am
User avatarPosts: 12438Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
tharock220 wrote:
temuchin wrote:
Robinson's job was the same job that every US Olympian had for 30 years... to bring home the Gold.

Robinson was the first in decades to fail to do so. You're not even addressing the differences I raised about the two teams. Most of those guys were out there playing an individual game. Robinson was primarily distinguised for scoring around 20 in that game... yet you say his job wasn't to score...?
For the 400th time the point is that Robinson wasn't dominated by Sabonis. He was dominated by Hakeem to the tune of 36 points and 15 rebounds a game.
the turd is just too stupid.

except for 2 facial, Sabo did not out-played DRob. in fact, DRob out-scored Sabo in that game.

as for not winning the Gold, it is ignorant of Turd to place the blame on DRob. it was John Thompson's fault, he built an athletic and great defensive US team. but no outside shooting threat,

He cut Rex Chapman, one of the best outside shooter in the NCAA, and kept Dan Marjle, much more athletic but not as great an outside shooter.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 am
User avatarPosts: 12438Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
And the Sabonis that played in NBA in 1995 onwards [/color]is NOT the dominant Sabonis when he was in the prime. [/size]
the competition that Sabo faced pre-1995 was way inferior that the NBA competition

also, the Euro league has a much easier schedule for ballers, 2 games a week and no back-to-back games.

imagine what Hakeem, DRob and Ewing would do against such inferior competition, which plays only 2 games a week, with no back-to-back games


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:02 am
User avatarPosts: 12438Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
WHAT'S NEXT......AND WHAT'S NEW???
you don't know BB, you argued over ZZW and Sun Yue.

you don't know about inO and argue about it.

you don't know, nor care bout, baseball, but argue about it.
    WHAT'S NEXT......AND WHAT'S NEW??? :roll:
pryuen wrote:
Despite EVERYBODY told him he's WRONG, despite BEING OWNED AGAIN AND AGAIN, he is still thick-skinned enough 脸皮厚 to come back in again, and to be owned and humiliated again.
that would be everyone telling PRY the old fart that he was wrong about
  • InO
  • Plateaued Sun
  • ZZW


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:

you don't know BB, you argued over ZZW and Sun Yue.

you don't know about inO and argue about it.

you don't know, nor care bout, baseball, but argue about it.
    WHAT'S NEXT......AND WHAT'S NEW??? :roll:


Like I said: WHAT'S NEW??? :roll:

Winston, there is something called COMMON SENSE.

There is something called DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE.

There is also something called THINKING with your BRAIN.

ANYONE that has the SLIGHTEST common sense and domain knowledge about basketball and Sabonis will know your claim that Sabonis is the SAME TYPE of player as Shaquille O'Neal is ABSOLUTELY BULLSH!!!!!!!!!!!!T !!! :roll:

Also I don't think I need to know very very much about baseball to know that your claim that Korean baseball is the Minor League of Japan, and Japanese baseball is the Minor League of MLB of USA is ANOTHER BIG PIECE OF SH!!!!!!!!!!!T. :roll:

NOT LIKE YOU, I don't think I need to join and practice FLG BEFORE I know FLG is an EVIL CULT !!!! 8)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
User avatarPosts: 12438Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
there is something called COMMON SENSE.

There is something called DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE.

There is also something called THINKING with your BRAIN.
there is something called no knowledge.

you have no knowledge, absolutely clueless, but InO, but you lied and argued over it.

you have no knoledge of BB, that is the reason why you parroted lies hyped by those so-called Sports writers,
    unable to think with your brain, you parroted their lies
      about zzw and plateaued sun
you know less about baseball than you do basketball, but argue about it. this says it all; this says it all :oops:
the old fart wrote:
Also I don't think I need to know very very much [color=darkred]about baseball


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
there is something called COMMON SENSE.

There is something called DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE.

There is also something called THINKING with your BRAIN.
there is something called no knowledge.



YEAH..... there is SOMETHING called NO KNOWLEDGE to say KU = Kentucky University. 8)


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 10 of 13
121 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron