<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I'm Proud to Have Survived in NBA and Shaq !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 12415Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Momak wrote:
. Shaq didnt start playing an outside finesse game when he started declining.
Shaq never had an outside game.
Momak wrote:
Well for one thing, during his time in the NBA he clearly demonstrated that aspect of his game. There were plenty of highlights of it, and statistically his numbers supported it too.
he has good passing skills; but LEGENDARY.

stop bastardizing the term legendary.

Momak wrote:
I dont dispute him having a power aspect of his game, but he also clearly had a finesse aspect. I dont think he relied on power as the primary. He had finesse, movement, positioning and didnt just rely on outpowering his opponent like Shaq did so effectively.
like i said, he used his physical strength to get great passing angles/position and scoring position.

where as Hakeem use his catlike quickness, Sabo (like Magic and Shaq) used his strength.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:42 pm
temuchin wrote:
we also know that Sabonis was precisely in the mold of DAVID ROBINSON and HAKEEM, finesse, smooth centers that owned Shaq badly.
your opinion is worth less than toilet paper.

DRob is ultra quick, Hakeem is even quicker. by comparison, Sabo had lead in his shoes.

both DRob and Hakeem used their superb athleticism to their advantage; Sabo relied on his strength.

both DRob and Hakeem were great defenders; Sabo slacked offf on D.

Turd, do you even understand what precisely means. :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: , as you fit the description of a ignoranus precisely :?:
temuchin wrote:
Sabonis might have better than both these players when he was in his prime before his injuries... although this is debated. If a wrecked Sabonis could average 16 in the league he might have well put up 60-70 like Robinson or dominated other centers like Hakeem.
TOELET PAPER pulled outta your azz

stop embarrassing yourself.

do you even know who Hakeem is ???? :roll: :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Dr. No wrote:
Shaq never had an outside game.

Obviously not, but if you followed my point, you'd know why I said that. It was to emphasize Sabonis was different from Shaq even from his prime since Sabonis clearly had an outside game (which no one would suggest was developed only in the NBA since centres dont develop an outside game when they go downhill, hence my point on Shaq not having an outside game)

Dr. No wrote:
he has good passing skills; but LEGENDARY.

stop bastardizing the term legendary.

C'mon you're just arguing the definition of a word now. We're not talking about legendary here the way Neil Patrick Harris uses it. Legendary as: being enshrined in the HoF, this is one of the things he'll be remembered for. When people think of great passing centres, Sabonis's name will definitely come up. Legendary is being used in the context of what people will recall in the future. You know...the real definition of the word legendary?

Dr. No wrote:
like i said, he used his physical strength to get great passing angles/position and scoring position.

where as Hakeem use his catlike quickness, Sabo (like Magic and Shaq) used his strength.

I never disputed the first point, but it doesn't cover the entirety of his game. He had strength but he also used his agility, positioning and smart movement to get into those positions. Also even if he used his strength, doesn't make Sabonis the "same type of player" as Shaq, as you alluded to at the beginning when everyone started calling you out on it. There's probably at least as many differences as there were similarities between their games. The fact that Sabonis can shoot outside, while Shaq could pretty much just dunk on anyone already sets the two apart.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm
Momak wrote:
C'mon you're just arguing the definition of a word now. We're not talking about legendary here the way Neil Patrick Harris uses it.
legendary is reserved for legendary passers, against the highest level of competition, such as Magic, Cousy, Nash

Momak wrote:
When people think of great passing centres, Sabonis's name will definitely come up.
so would Walton and Chamerlain, who led the NBA (the highest level of BB competition) in assist one year. as good as Walter and Chamberlain as passer, i'd never call them legendary passers nor Sabo.

Dr. No wrote:

I never disputed the first point, but it doesn't cover the entirety of his game. He had strength but he also used his agility, positioning and smart movement to get into those positions.

Dr. No wrote:
Also even if he used his strength, doesn't make Sabonis the "same type of player" as Shaq, as you alluded to at the beginning when everyone started calling you out on it. There's probably at least as many differences as there were similarities between their games. The fact that Sabonis can shoot outside, while Shaq could pretty much just dunk on anyone already sets the two apart.
the core of their game is strength.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NO USE TO DEBATE WITH THE STUBBORN AND STUPID DR. NO. :twisted:

He accused me that I did not know Sabonis or watched his play, while there were TONS of such video/clippage on the Internet that I watched;

He talked about
how slow Sabonis was when he entered NBA, compared to David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon; OBVIOUSLY he had NO FVCKING IDEA that the injuries/surgeries that he had PRIOR to him joining NBA had ALREADY made him lost his speed, and he had to play through his NBA tenures in pains.

All he needs to do is to do MORE research about Sabonis and he will know WHAT A FVCKING IDIOT he is.

Just read what his Portland TraliBlazer team physician had to say about Sabonis' foot when he first entered NBA:

Quote:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index ... arred.html

He was drafted by the Blazers in 1986 with the 24th overall pick, but didn't come to Portland until 1995, when he was 31 years old.

By then, he was hobbled by past injuries, particularly a ruptured Achilles' tendon and a severely arthritic foot. The foot was operated on in Spain before he came to Portland, and became infected. It became a constant nemesis for Sabonis.

When Blazers team doctor Don Roberts looked at Sabonis' medical files prior to his arrival, he was shocked. He called team general manager Bob Whitsitt as he looked at X-rays of Sabonis' foot.

"The X-ray alone would get you a handicap parking permit," Roberts said. "His foot was so bad it just didn't look like he would be able to run, to say nothing about basketball. So I called Whitsitt and said 'I don't think he can play.' Bob said, 'Oh, he can play."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm
Dr. No wrote:
legendary is reserved for legendary passers, against the highest level of competition, such as Magic, Cousy, Nash

I really dont want to be giving English lessons here. Legendary is simply by definition used to describe a legend, which in NBA terms would be someone in the Hall of Fame. I'm just using the word the way it is defined. You can't re-define a word and expect others to play by the rules you make up. Furthermore neither Magic, Cousy nor Nash played Centre. We're talking about great passing centres.

Dr. No wrote:
so would Walton and Chamerlain, who led the NBA (the highest level of BB competition) in assist one year. as good as Walter and Chamberlain as passer, i'd never call them legendary passers nor Sabo.

I'm am, have, and was always referring to Centres which was the position of focus that everybody was discussing in this thread to begin with.

Dr. No wrote:
the core of their game is strength.

Disagree. The core of Sabonis's game was multi-faceted. The core of Shaq's game was strength. Sabonis showed this through whatever limited exposure he had in addition to the time he had in the NBA. Historians have and will continue to describe him as so.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 pm
old fart

you know nothing about InO, Baseball nor Sabonis.

but you argue about them

why r you so stupid ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ANYONE that knows basketball knew that Sabonis used to be able to run like a deer, shoot and dunk, with great shooting range, had great court vision and can dribble and pass like a point guard PRIOR TO him entering the Spanish League and NBA.

His career, like Yao Ming's, was SEVERELY MARRED AND IMPAIRED by his national team commitment. He had ruptured his knee in early 1988, went through a surgical knee procedure performed in Portland, but could not get suffient time for a full recovery and rehabilitation;

But still, Soviet Union made a controversial decision to include him into the USSR Olympic team to play in the 1988 Olympics in Seoul; eventually Sabonis would develop chronic knee, ankle and groin issues that substantially limited his mobility and explosiveness by the mid-90s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm
any one who knows seketball---that automatically eliminates PRY--- knows that

Sabo, like Magic leveraged his physical strength to play the finese part of the game

plateaued sun had no business being in the NBA in the first place.

ZZW was given many chances in the NBA, but was too lazy to take advantage of them

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 pm
Dr. No wrote:
old fart

you know nothing about InO, Baseball nor Sabonis.

but you argue about them

why r you so stupid ??

I knew Sabonis' game SUFFICIENTLY WELL ENOUGH to know that what you said that Sabonis is the SAME TYPE of player as Shaquille O'Neal, and that the core of Sabonis' game was power ARE ABSOLUTELY BULLSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T !!!! :roll:

Offline Profile