<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I'm Proud to Have Survived in NBA and Shaq !!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am
Posts: 4509Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Dr. No wrote:
at age 31, he was no longer dominant in the Spanish League.

his time as a professional baller in demand was running out; he wanted to pick up fat paychecks, while they're still there

Interesting theory...avoid the NBA during his peak years (thereby avoiding his biggest-possible paychecks, as well as his best opportunity to actually be competitive among the best players in the world), but go there when he is physically broken-down (thereby only getting him some medium-level paychecks while being physically challenged to compete at any kind of high level)....all because of some inner fear of competing at the highest-level of the game, despite having won a gold medal against what had been the top basketball program in the world.

Gotta hand it to you...you are very creative! I never would have come up with this... :roll:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 12405Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
, despite having won a gold medal against what had been the top basketball program in the world.
gotta give to you Phil.

several pages ago, when i commented that Sabo gave DRob two facials in the 88 Olympic, your dismissive reply was that Sabo was playing against amateurs. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
at age 31, he was no longer dominant in the Spanish League.

his time as a professional baller in demand was running out; he wanted to pick up fat paychecks, while they're still there

[size=117]You're A FVCKING MORON !!! :roll:

You have ABSOLUTELY NO FVCKING CLUE of what you're talking about.

NO LONGER DOMINANT IN THE SPANISH LEAGUE AND EUROPE AT 31 YEARS OLD??? :shock:

When he joined NBA in 1995 as a 31-year-old, he was MVP of the Spanish League, and MVP of the Euro League Final 4.

And EVEN when he quit NBA[color=darkred] to return to play for his [b]Alma Mater team

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Quote of the Day of Dr. No on August 7, 2011 wrote:
at age 31, Sabonis was no longer dominant in the Spanish League.

Another VIVID EXAMPLE of someone that had

• NO COMMON SENSE
  • NO DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE
  • and NOT THINKING with his brain.
Winston

Had FLG turned you into a
COMPLETE SUPER MORON ???? :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm
Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
, despite having won a gold medal against what had been the top basketball program in the world.
gotta give to you Phil.

several pages ago, when i commented that Sabo gave DRob two facials in the 88 Olympic, your dismissive reply was that Sabo was playing against amateurs. :roll:

Not sure I understand your point? Sabonis was playing against amateurs in the 88 Olympics. His gold medal win against NCAA all-stars at the age of 24 should have given him confidence that he could play in the NBA. What did I say that was in conflict with that?

Regarding the "two facials on DRob", my point was that giving facials against an NCAA all-star was not an indication that he was playing at an all-world level in 88...but that has nothing to do with the idea that coming to the NBA at that time would have helped him develop into an all-time great player.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:11 pm
PhilNYC wrote:

Not sure I understand your point? Sabonis was playing against amateurs in the 88 Olympics. His gold medal win against NCAA all-stars at the age of 24 should have given him confidence that he could play in the NBA. What did I say that was in conflict with that?

ACTUALLY NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE HOW Sabonis would have fared against those elites in NBA PRIOR TO 1988 due to the USA boycott the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, and Soviet Union's boycott of the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.

And to suggest US basketball national teams prior to 1992 were PURELY AMATUERS is FALLACY !!! :roll:

The US team that won the gold medal in absence of Soviet Union was a team that comprised of Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, and Chris Mullin, all of them had illustrious NBA careers later in their life.

The US team that Soviet Union beat to win the gold medal in the 1988 Seoul Olympics also featured other than David Robinson, Mitch Richmond (Rookie of the Year 1988, and 6-time NBA All-Star, a 5-time All-NBA Team) and Danny Manning,
who of course Dr. NO had NO FVCKING IDEA of who he was.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... 226#399226

Last edited by pryuen on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 pm
lol, but of course imo, Danny Manning wasnt really THAT great compared to his other contemporaries in the NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 12405Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
And to suggest US basketball national teams prior to 1992 were PURELY AMATUERS is FALLACY !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old fart, why are you so stupid ?

you don't even understand the word amateurs, just like you don't understand plateaued

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 am
pryuen wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:

ACTUALLY NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE HOW Sabonis would have fared against those elites in NBA PRIOR TO 1988 due to the USA boycott the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, and Soviet Union's boycott of the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.

And to suggest US basketball national teams prior to 1992 were PURELY AMATUERS is FALLACY !!! :roll:

The US team that won the gold medal in absence of Soviet Union was a team that comprised of Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, and Chris Mullin, all of them had illustrious NBA careers later in their life.

The US team that Soviet Union beat to win the gold medal in the 1988 Seoul Olympics also featured other than David Robinson, Mitch Richmond (Rookie of the Year 1988, and 6-time NBA All-Star, a 5-time All-NBA Team) and Danny Manning,

MJ, Ewing and Mullin were all college-aged amateurs when they played in '84. They were not nearly the players that they later became in the NBA as professional players. There were 9 other players on that '84 team...and while a few of them played in the NBA, none of them really distinguished themselves thereafter...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
PhilNYC wrote:
pryuen wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:

MJ, Ewing and Mullin were all college-aged amateurs when they played in '84. They were not nearly the players that they later became in the NBA as professional players. There were 9 other players on that '84 team...and while a few of them played in the NBA, none of them really distinguished themselves thereafter...

Well Alvin Robertson got a quadruple double, Wayman Tisdale was a big number on a bad team guy, and Sam Perkins was a serviceable player, but yeah, Leon Wood, Joe Klein, and Steve Alford weren't exactly lighting the world on fire, and the oldest player on that team was 22 or so.

The Spanish and Yugoslavian teams that got silver and bronze carried multiple players in their mid to late 30's. Many of them were playing in their 2nd and 3rd Olympic tournaments.

Pry is just demonstrating his lack of sports knowledge. The Americans were amateurs who had yet to develop fully into the players they would become.

I know how Sabonis would have played. He would have been comparable to David Robinson right down to the lack of competitive fire.

Offline Profile