Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming's Retirement Press Conference (July 20th 2011)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 am
User avatarPosts: 12424Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
Sad to see it all ended a bit too prematurely for Yao. However he has lot to be proud of and will always be the standard bearer for future Asian bballers. Still you have to wonder what may have been for Yao had he been a little bit more aggressive on the court with all his offensive talents and height. All I have to say is thanks for the memories and best wishes for the future.
I don't know HOW AND WHERE you got this impression that Yao Ming had not been playing aggressive in his games.

.....Whenever Big Yao played, he always gave his 100% or even more.
PRY, noone questions Yao's effort. as succintly put by Nomak effort doesn't = aggression.

my take is that Yao, on the court, was too polite, too much of a gentlman. and his opponents take advantage of that. i had always wish that he'd take on to a 'take-no-prisoners" mentality.
nig wrote:
.....Catching the ball and making an immediate move instead of being mechanical, overanalyzing and waiting for the double-team.
hitting the nail on the head.

my take has been that Yao's gentleman demeanor came thru on the NBA curt;,
    when Double-team, he appeared to be more concerned with accidentally
    elbowing his opponents than beating the D team.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:12 am
Posts: 4575Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Dr. No wrote:
my take has been that Yao's gentleman demeanor came thru on the NBA curt;,
    when Double-team, he appeared to be more concerned with accidentally
    elbowing his opponents than beating the D team.


My take on it was that he was concerned about picking up early foul trouble given the way the refs called him (and I think JVG would agree with me)...


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
Sad to see it all ended a bit too prematurely for Yao. However he has lot to be proud of and will always be the standard bearer for future Asian bballers. Still you have to wonder what may have been for Yao had he been a little bit more aggressive on the court with all his offensive talents and height. All I have to say is thanks for the memories and best wishes for the future.
I don't know HOW AND WHERE you got this impression that Yao Ming had not been playing aggressive in his games.

.....Whenever Big Yao played, he always gave his 100% or even more.
PRY, noone questions Yao's effort. as succintly put by Nomak effort doesn't = aggression.

my take is that Yao, on the court, was too polite, too much of a gentlman. and his opponents take advantage of that. i had always wish that he'd take on to a 'take-no-prisoners" mentality.
nig wrote:
.....Catching the ball and making an immediate move instead of being mechanical, overanalyzing and waiting for the double-team.
hitting the nail on the head.

my take has been that Yao's gentleman demeanor came thru on the NBA curt;,
    when Double-team, he appeared to be more concerned with accidentally
    elbowing his opponents than beating the D team.


yao being "more aggressive" = yao foul out

the problem with you and tangman is that you've never played basketball so you have no clue.

you have no concept of flow of the game. you dont just go out there and start being aggressive. that's why many rookie centers have problems with foul trouble. you have to get a feel for what refs will let you get away with and play within those constraints

refs always ****** with Yao and never let him get into that flow. they officiated him differently and he'd get called for being vertical, let along being aggressive.

more importantly, "aggression" wasn't Yao's problem if you knew anything at all about Yao. when Yao got the ball in position he'd score. it's not like not dunking was in any way impeding his offensive efficiency. he was more efficient around the basket than practically any other player.

and nm that dunking is about lift not aggression. stupid.

Yao's main problems were his bad hands and poor lateral movement to get INTO position. not failing to dunk when he was in the paint.

stupid noobs. you guys ever actually WATCH yao or do you just log on to argue with pryuen?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:


HEY Certified Yao Hater,

YOU'RE SUCH HOPELESS.
:roll:

You REALLY think the article you posted from Onion.com is FOR REAL??? :shock:

ALMOST EVERYTHING
from Onion.com is supposedly meant to be SATIRICAL AND FUNNY......

BUT out of your INEXPLICABLE HATRED of Big Yao, you think THAT'S REAL !!!


PATHETIC !!!! :twisted:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Image

Yao Ming updated his Facebook/Twitter to thank his friends and fans in Houston.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
A Homage video of Yao Ming.



http://youtu.be/FXirHWImX08


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 4750Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Yao Ming's press conference (in English)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nHDTYgKoc

I don't understand. He's walking just fine. he can still play.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
Yao Ming's press conference (in English)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nHDTYgKoc

I don't understand. He's walking just fine. he can still play.


Walking is different from running and banging on the court. :roll:

He also can walk earlier in 2010/11 season.

Despite playing less than 24 minutes, he could only sustain for 5 games before the stress fracture crept in again.

He said he did not think his bones allowed him to compete in such high intensity games again, as all the medical experts told him there is no guarantee that he will not get injured again, and he will have to go through surgeries after surgeries, recuperation after recuperation and rehabilitation after rehabilitation just to be injured again.


I guess ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. He had tried his best for a comeback after his 2009 stress fracture. It proved UNSUCCESSFUL. So NO NEED to have him go through the SAME painful process again and again.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 4491Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
pryuen wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:
Yao Ming's press conference (in English)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4nHDTYgKoc

I don't understand. He's walking just fine. he can still play.


Walking is different from running and banging on the court. :roll:

He also can walk earlier in 2010/11 season.

Despite playing less than 24 minutes, he could only sustain for 5 games before the stress fracture crept in again.

He said he did not think his bones allowed him to compete in such high intensity games again, as all the medical experts told him there is no guarantee that he will not get injured again, and he will have to go through surgeries after surgeries, recuperation after recuperation and rehabilitation after rehabilitation just to be injured again.


I guess ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. He had tried his best for a comeback after his 2009 stress fracture. It proved UNSUCCESSFUL. So NO NEED to have him go through the SAME painful process again and again.


He could still play on a different level. He could just play for his own team the Shanghai sharks and play in the olympics. It's not too much to ask to just play in the olympics once every 4 years.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 5 of 6
56 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron