<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  It's over: Yao has retired from the NBA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 am
RIP

Quote:
Houston Rockets center Yao Ming has decided to retire after nine NBA seasons, Yahoo! Sports has reported, citing league sources.

Yao's contract had expired after this past season with the Rockets, who have missed the playoffs the last two seasons.

They played nearly all of that time without Yao as he battled various injuries. He was limited to five games last season after missing all of 2009-10.

"We'd all be really happy if Yao comes back to play, and I hope he can," new Rockets coach Kevin McHale said when he was introduced last month. "I think he'll give it his best shot. His body is going to dictate if he can come back and play. That's all going to be laid out in the future.

"But who wouldn't like Yao Ming, a big guy who can really make shots, just a huge force in the middle? That's out of my control. We'll see where that goes."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:09 am
User avatarPosts: 1114Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
this isnt news, his been retired for awhile. lemme know when pryuen retires from ymm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Like I have expected all along, not a news really.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:14 pm
Posts: 1096Location: calgary, canadaJoined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:29 pm
http://twitter.com/#!/TheReal_TMAC

I know I've dogged on T-mac a lot.

But this is nice to see.

Quote:
TheReal_TMAC Tracy McGrady
yao ming absolutely insturmental in the growth and popularity of our game abroad
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

with yao's arrival, he ushered in millions of new fans for me, kobe, lebron, and all NBA players.... he was an enormous asset to mr stern
5 minutes ago

the gentle giant http://twitpic.com/5n4js2
9 minutes ago

300,000,000 fans of basketball in china. Yao Ming's talent, character, and drive led so many new fans abroad to our NBA product
10 minutes ago

yes, absolutely put him in the hall of fame. contributions to the game.
23 minutes ago

yall join me with standing ovation for yao ming #salute
56 minutes ago

I wish Yao continued success in all his ventures in life.
1 hour ago

I feel very honored to have not only played with one of the greatest
big man in our league, but to also call him my friend.

also.

Quote:
SteveFranchise3 Steve Francis
To my main main Yao the help me go over the hump not just with my ball skills. But bizznezz. Fall back and be there. With the young 1.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 783Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 am
what a sad day... really thought Yao would take over after shaq, who knew they'd retire in the same year

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 15490Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Oh well, I guess we done here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm
lol yeah

I wonder what Yao's going to do now

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:24 pm
We should form a friends of Yao Ming group.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
i guess its my time to retire from this forum too unless yi jianlian suddenly becomes a superstar. good luck to yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59193Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

HOW ACCURATE IS THIS ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI???

Yao Ming is now a free agent since July 1.

According to NBA rules, he is not supposed to contact/talk/discuss anything about his contract/future with Houston Rockets management, not to mention the league, or else he will be fined heavily.

Erik Zhang Mingji of Team Yao told the reporters in China that Yao Ming has not yet decided to retire, and he has not informed anyone in Houston Rockets and the NBA League about
ANYTHING.

Also Andy Yao Anhong, his best buddy in Houston told reporters that he was shocked to have to learn about Yao's retirement from USA press/media.

He said he had talked just recently on the web with Yao Ming; and Yao had not talked about anything relating to retirement. He is supposedly to return to Houston for another detailed medical check on his left leg/ankle in August when he should know when and whether he could start playing basketball again.

WHY NOT WAIT UNTIL THAT MEDICAL CHECK BEFORE MAKING THE DECISION???

Andy Yao also added that Yao Ming told him a while ago if he EVER decides to retire from basketball, he will announce it formally in a press conference in China.

Maybe after all, this is a FAKE NEWS from Yahoo just to attract eyeball attention.

Offline Profile