Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  When will Yao announce his decision about his comeback

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
When will Yao announce when he's going back to the nba and what team he will play for. Should he get a 1 hour tv show on CCTV5 to announce it like Lebron did last year on espn. I bet hundreds of millions would watch it in China on CCTV5 if he does it. He should say he's going to play for the Bulls or Knicks. Bulls would give him the best chance of winning a championship, Knicks would let him play in the biggest nba market with large asian/chinese population.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
ko_xinga wrote:
When will Yao announce when he's going back to the nba and what team he will play for. Should he get a 1 hour tv show on CCTV5 to announce it like Lebron did last year on espn. I bet hundreds of millions would watch it in China on CCTV5 if he does it. He should say he's going to play for the Bulls or Knicks. Bulls would give him the best chance of winning a championship, Knicks would let him play in the biggest nba market with large asian/chinese population.


Well, he just said it on a CCTV5 interview on May 30, a program pretaped in early May before his trip back to Houston.

He said he can't decide it yet. It all depends on the rehabilitation of his foot. He said his foot is just 30% recovered; unless he can rehabilitate to be 80%, he won't be playing again.

He reiterated his wish to stay with the Houston Rockets, but given his foot situation, and the looming NBA lockout, NOTHING IS FOR CERTAIN.

He added the NBA lockout which seems now imminent and inevitable will be a blessing in disguise for him, as he could buy more time for the rehabilitation of his foot.

And starting June 30, since he will become a free agent, Toyota Centre and other Houston Rockets facilities will not be made available to him, and he is not allowed to contact (either by phone or by mail or in person) with any of Houston Rockets management, coaches, coaching and working staff, not even to be appearing in the same place, or else he will be severely fined.


So that's PROBABLY WHY he chose to return to Shanghai with his family and spend the whole summer here.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 17908Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
Yao Ming needs to recover and play for the CNT in the 2012 London games. There should be enough time for him to regain his top basketball shape.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm
Posts: 1489Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am
superjohn wrote:
Yao Ming needs to recover and play for the CNT in the 2012 London games. There should be enough time for him to regain his top basketball shape.


China's bball development gets too complacent when they rely on Yao. They just gotta stick to developing the young guys, the national team's future along with the potential of more NBA prospects is better that way.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
Assume that Yao recovers in time for the next season - be either this year or next year - and no team seriously offers him the right money for his service. IF THAT happens, I would really like to see a Yao led Chinese team doing great in the Olympics. That would change a lot of things and Yao would once again receive good offers from some NBA teams.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bobliu wrote:
Assume that Yao recovers in time for the next season - be either this year or next year - and no team seriously offers him the right money for his service. IF THAT happens, I would really like to see a Yao led Chinese team doing great in the Olympics. That would change a lot of things and Yao would once again receive good offers from some NBA teams.


Well, Yao Ming needs NOT PROVE ANYTHING either in NBA or the international arena.

In limited minutes of play this past season, in just 5 appearances, he was doing LOTS BETTER than alot other centres in NBA.

If no teams make good offer for his service, he might just as well retire, and concentrate on his basketball team and other businesses.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 am
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
pryuen wrote:
bobliu wrote:
Assume that Yao recovers in time for the next season - be either this year or next year - and no team seriously offers him the right money for his service. IF THAT happens, I would really like to see a Yao led Chinese team doing great in the Olympics. That would change a lot of things and Yao would once again receive good offers from some NBA teams.


Well, Yao Ming needs NOT PROVE ANYTHING either in NBA or the international arena.

In limited minutes of play this past season, in just 5 appearances, he was doing LOTS BETTER than alot other centres in NBA.

If no teams make good offer for his service, he might just as well retire, and concentrate on his basketball team and other businesses.


There's 30 teams in the nba. You really think not 1 of them is going to offer a big contract to Yao.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:45 am
User avatarPosts: 15531Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
McHale will work his magic, Yao end up with Celtics with 2 year contract.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am
User avatarPosts: 4490Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
McHale will work his magic, Yao end up with Celtics with 2 year contract.


Doc rivers would be an even worse coach for Yao then Mchale. Thibodeau in Chicago would be a great coach for Yao. He was the rockets assistant before and helped Yao improve his game alot. He's the current coach of the year and Jalen rose is the current MVP. It's got to be chicago or new york.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:19 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
ko_xinga wrote:
.....Jalen rose is the current MVP. ....


Hmmm....


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 2
20 posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron