<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao's Decision Time Is Coming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
Yao needs to make a decision this summer. Will he stay with the Rockets? Will he test the market? Or will he take a paycut and play a backup role for some established championship team? A lot of these relies on his health.

If his feet and ankles are good to go, he will get a big free agent contract and either remian a Rocket or sign with another contending team that needs a center like New Orleans or Boston.

If he has trouble to be a full time center, then he will have to take a pay cut and play a backup role for a team like the Magic or the Lakers.

The worst may still come true. That is, Big Yao would be forced to retire. That could be the end of this board. And that thought brought me back to this board.

I hope I do not hear insults or accusations any more since I noticed that it appears that there are less offenders these days around here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Well, just a couple days earlier while travelling together with the team to Miami, Big Yao told the reporters that even though his intension is firm to stay with the Rockets (as he explicitly said so during the 2011 Tux & Tennies Charity Gala), he said contract negotiation between Team Yao with Houston Rockets had yet to start.

He said everything depends on his recovery, and to what level of play he can return to.

He said
it's still too early to talk about re-signing with the Rockets or changing to another team, as he is still not sure about whether his foot can recover, and all he can do now is to take a step by step approach and works hard on his rehabilitation.

When the reporter asked him what will be the appropriate contract/salary range he targets, he quipped: "What's an appropriate quotation/offer??? I can't give you an anwer now. There is no quotation and offer as far as I'm concerned. As of now, I can't play and I can't even run. Tell me, which team will want to sign such player? (and I'll sign with them)"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
eras come and go. i just hope yao can play a couple more seasons. yi wont become better as he is. chen jianghua is a wasted talent.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 am
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
shokenchi wrote:
eras come and go. i just hope yao can play a couple more seasons. yi wont become better as he is. chen jianghua is a wasted talent.

Well I hope so too. Leslie Alexander obviously also hopes so too. In an interview with the press, he said he sees NO REASONS WHY Yao Ming cannot play for 4 to 5 seasons more until he is 36. :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:02 pm
Real talk.... No one wants Yao.

He is old news. He is injury prone. He is slow.

It's 2011. Yao Ming should retire. His best days are behind him. No need to extend this suffering. Go back to China and enjoy the Millions you made here in the US.

Yao Ming is set for life. There is no need to see his pathetic effort to play in the NBA. I've seen him play a couple of games this season, and it was sad.

No need to watch Yao Ming suffer anymore.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 am
lol you're taking it awfully personally.

Yao is slow, that's not news. But if he can rehab he'll be fine. The only question is if it's worth it to him to do so and obviously it is

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 4486Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
there's going to be a lockout next year in the nba. Yao should go to another league if he wants to play basketball maybe even the CBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:12 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Sorry for saying this, but Yao is done playing in the NBA. It's time to retire.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:55 am
User avatarPosts: 15490Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Telling Yao to retire is like telling the NBA to disband. lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
It's not what I am telling him, it's his body will. He can keep thinking he can play, but his body won't let him. It is what it is. It's just not meant to be.

Offline Profile