<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao's Decision Time Is Coming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:00 pm
superjohn wrote:
temuchin wrote:
lol ok whats the difference between "China-hating" and "anti-Chinese"

I did not say there is or is not a difference. I was just using different words.

different words mean different meanings

buzz and my posts are quite different what's the difference if he's China hating and i'm anti chinese

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:28 am
I'd hate to say it, but semantically speaking, one would hate China, the country/nation itself and likely its policies, values, etc. Anti-Chinese could be interpreted as being against anything of Chinese origin, including people of Chinese descent. The latter would appear to have a more discriminatory tone to it.

Of course that's just details. I'm hopeful we have at least enough maturity to presume none of us actually have such prejudice on this forum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:13 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Momak wrote:
I'd hate to say it, but semantically speaking, one would hate China, the country/nation itself and likely its policies, values, etc. Anti-Chinese could be interpreted as being against anything of Chinese origin, including people of Chinese descent. The latter would appear to have a more discriminatory tone to it.

Of course that's just details. I'm hopeful we have at least enough maturity to presume none of us actually have such prejudice on this forum.

only wishful thinking :lol:

Offline Profile