<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Breaking News: Rox say Yao will only play 24 MPG for Year

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
Jonathan Feigen has not written the story yet, but I understand that he has been informed by Daryl Morey that Yao Ming will only play 24 minutes a game for the whole season........NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Actually, very smart move. It will be interesting on how they are going to distribute his minutes during the game. I guess he is basically out on any game that goes into overtime......although that is rare to begin with.

I will post the link to the article once it has been compiled.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
http://twitter.com/JeromeSolomon

The Chron's @Jonathan_Feigen reports that Rockets say @YaoMing will play no more than 24 minutes in ANY game this season.

27 minutes ago via web

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 pm
Makes sense, the Rockets are real deep in every position. Miller and Chuck and maybe sometimes Hill can take up some minutes at center.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 pm
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 02701.html

Yao in different kind of 24
Rockets will limit center to two dozen minutes per game

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Sept. 15, 2010, 6:07PM

Johnny Hanson Chronicle
Yao Ming's workout schedule has been outlined from
the start of camp through the end of the regular season.

[size=117]There will be no negotiations, no gray areas. Unless Yao Ming

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:15 pm
Ugh!!!

Since the doctor is restricting Yao to 24 mpg, they must find another Center to play minutes if needed...........

So they offered Erica Dampier a 2 yr, 4 million contract offer. (Since I can't stand this guy I refused to post the chron.com link.)

Hopefully he will turn it down and sign with the 3 Me-Egos in Miami.

Please Ericka......sign with Miami!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
TheRoxRedGlare wrote:
Ugh!!!

Since the doctor is restricting Yao to 24 mpg, they must find another Center to play minutes if needed...........

So they offered Erica Dampier a 2 yr, 4 million contract offer. (Since I can't stand this guy I refused to post the chron.com link.)

Hopefully he will turn it down and sign with the 3 Me-Egos in Miami.

Please Ericka......sign with Miami!

WHY Dampier?? They had Brad Miller and Chuck Hayes ALREADY !!

And if needed Luis Scola can play centre as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 15492Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Dampier was the 2nd best center in the NBA, he said so himself.

Realistically, Rox will need another center. Miller is old, and Hayes is the back up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:19 pm
well at least now he doesnt have to worry about getting in great game shape if he'll just play 24 minutes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm
limiting his minutes is smart but it's going to be a work in progress to see how to best use Yao in that case

obviously he's going to be sitting on the bench for at least half the 4th quarter many games if there's a hard ceiling for him

best case scenario is that Houston has a big enough lead that they dont need to play Yao much in the 4th quarter

but Yao also needs touches early to be effective... Adleman is going to have to figure some ****** out

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Dampier was the 2nd best center in the NBA, he said so himself.

Realistically, Rox will need another center. Miller is old, and Hayes is the back up.

yes if they're going to limit Yao to 24 minutes no matter what. they need another real center. if Miller gets hurt Houston would be ****** since he's basically going to be almost a starting center

Offline Profile