<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Dedicated Rox Preseason Thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 15699Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
temuchin wrote:
Guys roll ankles and jam fingers playing basketball.

I'm sure all you guys who've even played in the park have done it many times.

True, but after 30, you still feel it like forever. It adds up and get annoying.

Just wondering, anyone take supplements for their joints? Do they work?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 pm
that's true. a guy like Yao who just plays through the pain and doesn't let it fully heal might never get it back to perfect

not that it'll affect his game but you're right that if you keep tweaking something it'll be sore/easy to retweak

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Just wondering, anyone take supplements for their joints? Do they work?

There's very little evidence that supplements for joints actually work. Course most of the talk is probably anecdotal. I haven't tried it myself though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 26580.html

Yao on track

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Sept. 30, 2010, 10:15PM

Yao on track

As expected, Yao Ming returned to practice Thursday a day after he was held out of a stretch of the scrimmages because of a turned right ankle.

He had no problem with the ankle, but the Rockets are happier that he has had no pain in his surgically repaired left foot in six consecutive days of practices.

"Every day he's getting better," trainer Keith Jones said. "I can't put a percentage on him, but he is getting better. And today, after he did his scrimmage work, he said, 'This is the best I've felt.' I think he's done great.

"His expectations are (high). Ours are (about) every day. If he goes every day and feels good every day, he'll eventually get where he wants to get."

Yao begins his daily rehabilitation, physical therapy and training sessions at 8:30 a.m., three hours before practice.

He has had soreness in muscles that have not been put through daily practices in so long, but Jones said, "He has had no pain in his foot."

Work schedule

Yao Ming has made steady progress in his comeback, but coach Rick Adelman said it is too soon to know how Yao will be used in regular-season games.

"The decision will be (based on) how well is he playing and how can he help the team," Adelman said. "So far, he's done OK, but the game is going fast for him right now because he's trying to catch up.

"Once you get through exhibitions, you'll know where you are."

Lowry hobbled

Guard Kyle Lowry went through the workout after sitting out two days with a hyperextended right knee.

"I'm sore, but I tried to get back out there," Lowry said. "Hopefully, it doesn't swell up on me and feels better tomorrow.

"It was a freak play. Jordan (Hill) banged into JT (Jermaine Taylor), and JT banged into me. It just happens."

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:17 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
pryuen wrote:

Big Yao had a scare on Day 3 of the training camp.

He rolled and tweaked his ankle !!! :shock:

But luckily it was his right and not the left ankle, and it was minor.

nothing's minor when 24's involved.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:35 pm
nig1 wrote:
nothing's minor when 24's involved.

that literally makes no sense.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yao Ming making slow but sure progress at the training camp.

[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 29281.html

Re-making the transition

The Rockets agree it's good to have
Yao Ming back, but the challenge for the team
is incorporating him into the flow

[size=109][b]By JONATHAN FEIGEN

Oct. 3, 2010, 12:16AM
AUSTIN

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

So the Houston Rockets completed their 6-day training camp at Austin, and flew into McAllen, the biggest city of the Hidalgo County, Texas, the home base of their NBDL affiliate, Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

And fans came out in big crowds to welcome and see Big Yao and the Rockets in scrimmage yesterday.

The Rockets will stay there for another 2 to 3 days, play the Orlando Magics in their debut preseasons game on Tuesday at the State Farm Arena at Hidalgo, before returning to Houston.

Some photos of Big Yao and the enthusiastic fans there in McAllen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 am
Posts: 120Location: houston, texas mothafucka that's where i stay!Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 am
lol is that Yao eating pizza?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/10/yao_ ... again.html

October 04, 2010

Yao and Howard together again. The big showdown? Not yet.

[size=117]Of all the oddities and challenges of the Rockets preseason schedule, starting Yao Ming's comeback against Dwight Howard is probably the least significant.

A preseason that has gone from Houston to Austin to Hidalgo, will squeeze three games into four days in Toyota Center before moving on to Beijing and Guangzhou. (Even typing that sentence was draining.) That schedule is daunting enough, it does not need the details of preseason matchups.

Yao does not need the test, not yet. Eventually, he will be ready to measure his progress against Howard. Yao has been phenomenal against him, and always has been his best against the NBA's biggest big men. But so far, Yao is a long way from being the player he was or will be again.

For Yao and the Rockets, the issue is not as much about how he is playing but how he is progressing. That's why a game

Offline Profile WWW