<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Who is Asia's biggest sports star? WTF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 am
ko_xinga wrote:
But how much money does Yao make and how much in endorsements does Yao get in comparision to the others. The more in endorsements you get means the bigger the star you are.

No how many votes you get means the bigger star you are. Yao makes the same endorsements in Japan as Ichiro makes in China: 0.

Quote:
China's Guo Jingjing should be the most popular in the world. Guo Jingjing has won way more gold medals than Kim Yuna.

No one knows who Guo Jingjing is.

Quote:
I wonder how many of these polls are hijacked by 4chan users to skew stats.

Probably this one. Because Japs are always voting for Koreans in polls. Especially Yuna Kim because Jap nationalists been so supportive of her over Mao Asada

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:28 am
User avatarPosts: 4489Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
temuchin wrote:
ko_xinga wrote:
But how much money does Yao make and how much in endorsements does Yao get in comparision to the others. The more in endorsements you get means the bigger the star you are.

No how many votes you get means the bigger star you are. Yao makes the same endorsements in Japan as Ichiro makes in China: 0.

i'm talking about how much money he's made in endorsements, not how many endorsements he gets in each country. Yao Ming can walk into a restaurant, a supermarket, or a hotel anywhere in the world and most people will know who he is. You can't say the same about Ichiro, ichiro is just some strange looking 5'9" dude that nobody will recognize.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 am
ko_xinga wrote:
i'm talking about how much money he's made in endorsements, not how many endorsements he gets in each country. Yao Ming can walk into a restaurant, a supermarket, or a hotel anywhere in the world and most people will know who he is. You can't say the same about Ichiro, ichiro is just some strange looking 5'9" dude that nobody will recognize.

Yao makes more endorsements in China. Ichiro makes more in Japan. I already said Yao is the most popular in China and no one cares everywhere else in Asia.

Ichiro is more like 5'6"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
66% of the koreans voting for a korean isn't very surprising.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 pm
Don't lose any sleep over a meaningless and unscientific online poll voted on by a bunch of nerds.

Offline Profile