Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I Need To Change Or Else I Have To Leave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 am
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Momak wrote:
... Tang Man's answered your question a few times already Dr. No. ..
Tang Man, the Kobe nuthead, didn't answer. the video shows that Tang Man has no idea who is the worst offensive player on the team is :!:

u've been hookwinked by Tang Man sleight-of-hand; Kobe was guarding the opposing SG, D West, who is not his team's worst offensive player, nor 2nd worst nor 3rd worst.
    note to Tang Man:
      if ur gonna lie, at least doing it right, at least show that u know who is the worst offensive player on the Cavs' team

      it'd help it you know :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Tang Man wrote:
    It's kinda like Kobe getting voted all 1st team all defensive team for playing on the opposing teams worst offensive player. .
normally Kobe guards the opposing SG and, when needed, he switches to someone else.

Kobe guarded D West, who is not the worst offensive player on the team. it is just a convenient lie by the nuthead. LBJ was eating Artest's lunch, then Jackson switched Kobe to guard LeBron, who everybody know is not the worst offensive player :!:

this is a good illustration of Kobe's defensive prowess
    last year playoff, the second game in Denver. The series was 2-1, w Denever winning game 3.
    Arriza was guarding Carmelo and Kobe JR Smith. in the first half, while JR was scoreless against Kobe, Carmelo was torching Arriza for 30.

    In the second half, Jackson switched defensive assignment for Kobe and Arriza. Kobe held the taller and stronger Carmelo to 10 points and Arriza allowed JR Smith to score >14

    The most crucial play was the the last one, with 3 seconds left in the game Denver behind by 1.

    Denver had an inbound play, Kobe clamped down on Carmelo (the #1 option) who, tho stronger and taller, could not get open inside the 3 point area for a mid-range jumper. The inbounder was forced to pass to option #2 JR Smith, who missed the 3-pt attempt
It is stellar defensive plays like this that earned Kobe the all-defensive team honor.

Tang Man wrote:
Anyone that know their basketball will know that Camby is a horrible man to man defender and that a few block shot does not equate to great defense.

The all defensive team has become a joke.
anyone who know their basketball know that
    the voting panel consisted of the NBA's 30 head coaches, who
    were not permitted to vote for players from their own team.
who are u gonna believe ?
  • the consensus opinion of coaches whose livelihood is to
    to coach NBA basketball or
  • nutheads (like the trailer park trash (thadumbroc) or Tang Man) who just make baseless claim.
easy choice :!:

Stupidity is pretending to know more than the head coaches who make their living coaching in the NBA,
    in a manner like BobLiu, who has been prentending to know more basketball---as it relates to Kobe vs. LBJ---than Jerry West, Mr. Clut ch


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
I am convinced Dr watches the games with his eyes closed. For sure there are times that Kobe doesn't defend the worst offensive player on the opposing team. However anyone who watches a Lakers game in the last few years with their eyes open will know that KOBE DOES NOT DFEFEND THE OPPOSING TEAM'S BEST PERIMETER PLAYER. He may do so on a few plays or heck he may even do it for a quarter. However the facts are Kobe gets a free pass on defense by playing on a lesser offensive player. This is something that Dr fails to knowledge every single time. When you compare Kobe to say a Shane Battier, who gets the toughest perimeter EVERY SINGLE NIGHT WITHOUT FAIL and does a damn good job of it, you'll realize the folly of saying Kobe is more worthy of 1st all defensive team selection. Again it's not Kobe or Phil Jackson's fault. They want to rest Kobe to play offense and they also know he isn't that great of a defender. It's just that he has managed to fool the morons who vote for these type of things and thus turn the all defensive team selection into a joke.

Dr will often point to the Denver series last season to backup his ridiculous claim that Kobe is a good defender. He will conveniently ignored the fact that Kobe was push around by Melo like he was a high school player in game 1, a game in which the Lakers loss. The switch he said NEVER happen, which once agin makes me question whether he actually watch the series. Dr will point to some ridiculous ONE OFF plays to prove that Kobe is a good defender but fails to mention crucial plays when he gets back cut or leaves his man wide open for crucial shots.

As for Kobe switching over to Lebron. Yeah he did that................. during the xmas day embarrassment on the Lakers homecourt when the Lakers were what down by 20. Kobe got up in Lebron's face and try to show him up in garbage time. WOW Dr just WOW! Where was that in the rematch when it counted? Care to explain Dr? Lebron was touching Artest but yet PJ a 10 x championship coach REFUSED to switch Kobe onto Lebron. Do you know something that Phil Jackson don't?

So stop making me laugh Dr. Kobe selection as 1st all NBA defensive is a JOKE.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Tang Man, thank you
    for making it so easy for me to poke holes in your baseless claim :lol:
Dr. No wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
Kobe getting voted all 1st team all defensive team for playing on the opposing teams worst offensive player.
if ur gonna lie, .......... at least doing it right, at least show that u know who is the worst offensive player on the Cavs' team is

Tang Man wrote:
For sure there are times that Kobe doesn't defend the worst offensive player on the opposing team.
    can you say back-pedaling

    ..
just can't believe this is all within the same post
Quote:
:roll: :oops: :oops:
Tang Man wrote:
KOBE DOES NOT DFEFEND THE OPPOSING TEAM'S BEST PERIMETER PLAYER.

....He may do so on a few plays or heck he may even do it for a quarter.
way to contradict yourself :!: :roll:
how did it go from "guarding the worst offensive player" to this :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

THE CLASH OF THE TWO MOST STUBBORN MULES OR SHOULD I SAY @$$ES IN THIS FORUM !!!! :roll:


Go and find a separate den for your never-ending dogfight on whether Kobe Bryant is an elite defender or not ....you two. :twisted:

DON'T HIJACK THIS THREAD and turn this into another MEANINGLESS I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG debate of

  • Dr. Know Sh!!!!!!t: Oh Kobe Bryant is MY GOD !!!
  • Tang Mangerine: Kobe Bryant SUX in defense !!!


Last edited by pryuen on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
I am convinced Dr watches the games with his eyes closed. For sure there are times that Kobe doesn't defend the worst offensive player on the opposing team. However anyone who watches a Lakers game in the last few years with their eyes open will know that KOBE DOES NOT DFEFEND THE OPPOSING TEAM'S BEST PERIMETER PLAYER. He may do so on a few plays or heck he may even do it for a quarter. However the facts are Kobe gets a free pass on defense by playing on a lesser offensive player. This is something that Dr fails to knowledge every single time. When you compare Kobe to say a Shane Battier, who gets the toughest perimeter EVERY SINGLE NIGHT WITHOUT FAIL and does a damn good job of it, you'll realize the folly of saying Kobe is more worthy of 1st all defensive team selection. Again it's not Kobe or Phil Jackson's fault. They want to rest Kobe to play offense and they also know he isn't that great of a defender. It's just that he has managed to fool the morons who vote for these type of things and thus turn the all defensive team selection into a joke.

Dr will often point to the Denver series last season to backup his ridiculous claim that Kobe is a good defender. He will conveniently ignored the fact that Kobe was push around by Melo like he was a high school player in game 1, a game in which the Lakers loss. The switch he said NEVER happen, which once agin makes me question whether he actually watch the series. Dr will point to some ridiculous ONE OFF plays to prove that Kobe is a good defender but fails to mention crucial plays when he gets back cut or leaves his man wide open for crucial shots.

As for Kobe switching over to Lebron. Yeah he did that................. during the xmas day embarrassment on the Lakers homecourt when the Lakers were what down by 20. Kobe got up in Lebron's face and try to show him up in garbage time. WOW Dr just WOW! Where was that in the rematch when it counted? Care to explain Dr? Lebron was touching Artest but yet PJ a 10 x championship coach REFUSED to switch Kobe onto Lebron. Do you know something that Phil Jackson don't?

So stop making me laugh Dr. Kobe selection as 1st all NBA defensive is a JOKE.


Dude, you have to understand, Kobe fans still swear up and down that their idol shut down Allen Iverson in the 2001 Finals. They're completely oblivious to the fact that this guy named Tyronne Lue was a nobody who earn a $3 million a year paycheck because Iverson lit Kobe's ***** up in the first half of game one.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
[size=117]
Geeeeeeeeez, IN COME ANOTHER MULE........ THADUMBROCK !!! :roll:

It becomes MORE AND MORE [color=darkred]like that [b]"Behind the Headlines with Dou Wentao


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
[quote="pryuen"][size=117]
Geeeeeeeeez, IN COME ANOTHER MULE........ THADUMBROCK !!! :roll:

It becomes MORE AND MORE [color=darkred]like that [b]"Behind the Headlines with Dou Wentao


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 5 of 5
47 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum