<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: I Need To Change Or Else I Have To Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
AsianBalla23 wrote:

Tell me, how many centers in the league actually play better d than yao? Get your sorry a55 stereotype outta here, fool.

Kendrick Perkins, Brandon Haywood, Dwight Howard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:
AsianBalla23 wrote:

Tell me, how many centers in the league actually play better d than yao? Get your sorry a55 stereotype outta here, fool.

Give me a FREAKING BREAK.......... :roll:

It's TOTAL BLASPHEMY to say Kendrick Perkins and Brandon Haywood..... are better defensive centres than Yao Ming. :twisted:

They did not even rebound or block shot BETTER than Yao Ming at a far fetch.........

Besides they are BOTH OFFENSIVE liabilities to their teams.

And both had an efficiency of 17......

I can't remember any season that Yao Ming is lower than 20 in efficiency.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
When will people learn to leave d1ckhead1 alone to commit suicide in peace?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:
AsianBalla23 wrote:

Give me a FREAKING BREAK.......... :roll:

It's TOTAL BLASPHEMY to say Kendrick Perkins and Brandon Haywood..... are better defensive centres than Yao Ming. :twisted:

They did not even rebound or block shot BETTER than Yao Ming at a far fetch.........

Besides they are BOTH OFFENSIVE liabilities to their teams.

And both had an efficiency of 17......

I can't remember any season that Yao Ming is lower than 20 in efficiency.

there u go again, reading off a stat-sheet when u know nothing about NBA basketball besides Yao Ming. Is Marcus Camby the best defender due to the amounts of rebounds/blocks he gets? No. Is Shane Battier a poor defender bc he doesn't show up on the boxscore? No. Anybody can pull stats off NBA.com without watching a single game and make inaccurate conclusions. If u poll NBA players of who they think are the top defensive C's, Yao Ming's name doesn't come up. Even though u've been following Yao for 7 years, ur knowledge of the NBA is still very low. I suggest u tune in and catch a few more Celts/Wizards games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nig1 wrote:

Is Marcus Camby the best defender due to the amounts of rebounds/blocks he gets? No.

[size=117]WTF???? :roll:

Anyone had any basketball knowledge will know rebounding and shot blocking are 2 of the major indicators of how good a centre is in defense.

And at least [color=darkred]Marcus Camby was selected NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award in the [b]2006

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 pm
Pry. Ignore the guy for crying out loud, or at the least don't take him seriously. He's trying to lure you out.

and nig1, you're not allowed to respond to a person's post twice like that (asianballa23). It's like having a debate, making a rebuttal, then coming back the next day to say some words just cause you forgot to say it the day before. Forum etiquette therefore obliges us to label you a loser.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 am
User avatarPosts: 109Location: canadaJoined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:27 pm
well, yao hasn't played all year and won't for a while, so i haven't been checking up on this forum for a while to see how my favorite sportsman is holding up, but it's a bloody shame to see these sorts of drawn out disputes on the forum. who knows why the heck ppl like "nig1" hang around a fan forum, obviously spending copious amounts of time scouring through the posts, so that he can rag on the star?! what else does this guy do- sit at home in his momma's basement all day surfing through an ilovebarbiedolls.com site and then writing detailed posts about what a freak of nature barbie is how how she is soooo ugly??? well, guys, just let this little bugger have his fun- it's a forum- he's entitled to do what he wants... we enjoy hearing news about our favorite sports star, and 'nig1'... well, he just enjoys being a prick- so let him have his fun. just do everyone a favor and don't respond- post something else, and it'll go away... hopefully... just remember what your mom told you: never pick at a scab :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 275Location: Chicago, ILJoined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:32 pm
nig1 wrote:

there u go again, reading off a stat-sheet when u know nothing about NBA basketball besides Yao Ming. Is Marcus Camby the best defender due to the amounts of rebounds/blocks he gets? No. Is Shane Battier a poor defender bc he doesn't show up on the boxscore? No. Anybody can pull stats off NBA.com without watching a single game and make inaccurate conclusions. If u poll NBA players of who they think are the top defensive C's, Yao Ming's name doesn't come up. Even though u've been following Yao for 7 years, ur knowledge of the NBA is still very low. I suggest u tune in and catch a few more Celts/Wizards games.

He knows more about NBA basketball than you've gotten from Yao in change in the past year, jungle ape n*gger.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 am
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:

Is Marcus Camby the best defender due to the amounts of rebounds/blocks he gets? No.

[size=117]WTF???? :roll:

Anyone had any basketball knowledge will know rebounding and shot blocking are 2 of the major indicators of how good a centre is in defense.

And at least [color=darkred]Marcus Camby was selected NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award in the [b]2006

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:45 am
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
tharock220 wrote:
Despite all that, Marcus Camby is not a good defender because his man defense is horrible.
why are you so stupid? anybody who knows BB know that Camby is a good defender. his defensive ability was his meal ticket to the NBA
tharock220 wrote:
Anyone truly familiar with the NBA will tell you defensive accolades are one of the biggest jokes in the league.
the fact that
    MJ (not Dr. J), Hakeem (and not Ewing) michael cooper (not Magic Johnson), dennis johnson (not Larry Bird) , jerry west (not E Baylor), bill russell and bill walton (and not Chamberlain nor Kareem), Dave Debusshre, nate thurmond, bruce bowen, etc. won so many defensive accolades
contradicts your baseless claim.

LBJ cames to the league, except for his defense, fully equipt to star in the NBA. by last year, his defense improved so much that he was named to the all-defensive team for the first time. it's no accident that he was named MVP for the first time.

Offline Profile