<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming Will Fully Own Shanghai Sharks !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 pm
Yao's commercial earnings stream may dry up in the mean time. Who would want to pay an athlete who may not play in the next year? Also, his max contract is also in doubt until he comes back and show he can still dominate. So his earnings will be affected somewhat while he recuperates.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
You made it sound like if he doesn't have another max contract, he will have to be on the street begging in order to survive. Trust me, he will live very comfortably for the rest of his life even if he retires today.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
Yao still got a profitable business in his own restaurant even if he ain't ballin. I don't think he will spend beyond his mean.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 pm
We are not talking about if he is already rich or not. The thing is if he does not receive a max contract, he will nowhere be as rich as Kobe or Lebron. We are talking about around $100 million here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
We are not talking about if he is already rich or not. The thing is if he does not receive a max contract, he will nowhere be as rich as Kobe or Lebron. We are talking about around $100 million here.

WHO FVCKING CARE???? :roll:

There are lots of people richer than YOU. Does it matter??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:17 pm
Of course it is a big deal, since Yao has to keep up with the biggest stars like Kobe or Lebron. Liu Xiang is already not making as much money now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:26 am
It is a big deal because you are making a big deal, I don't think Yao cares. That's probably the last thing on his mind right now. At this point, I believe he just wants to get through his injury and hopefully he can come back healthy to resume his NBA career.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 am
bayern wrote:
It is a big deal because you are making a big deal, I don't think Yao cares. That's probably the last thing on his mind right now. At this point, I believe he just wants to get through his injury and hopefully he can come back healthy to resume his NBA career.

It is going to be a big thing for Yao. If he comes back strong, is he going to sign for less money? Of course not, he will ask for max contract.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 am
superjohn wrote:
bayern wrote:

It is going to be a big thing for Yao. If he comes back strong, is he going to sign for less money? Of course not, he will ask for max contract.

I don't think any team will give him a max contract at this point. He is too prone to injury.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 673Location: Iowa City, IowaJoined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:16 am
Just wondering... does Yao still have to give half of his earnings (endorsements included) to the CBA?

Offline Profile WWW