<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Houston Rockets' Season Wrap-Up Ceremony

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The Houston Rockets held the season wrap-up ceremony today (May 19) at the Toyota Centre.

Everyone was there, Leslie Alexander, Daryl Morey, Rick Adelman, Yao Ming, Uncle Mutombo, and all the players, except Tracy McGrady.

Yao Ming was the only player representative present in the press conference, while the other players received interviews in the locker room.

Photos of Yao Ming at the press conference, summarizing what he felt about his team's achievement of the season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
MORE photos of Big Yao at the press conference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm
Leslie Alexander and Daryl Morey at the press conference.

Rick Adelman recieving interview in the locker room.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:44 pm
Photos of the Rockets at the ceremony.

Ron Artest

Shane Battier

Aaron Brooks

Uncle Mutombo

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 pm
The other Rockets on the occasion......

Luis Scola

Chuck Hayes

Kyle Lowry

Von Wafer

Carl Landry

Brent Barry

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:50 pm
This was what Yao Ming said in the press conference

Quote:

http://rockets.basketball.titan24.com/0 ... 23400.html

Summary

• He opened up the press conference by saying: "I' m going to fishing this summer. I'm gonna find a quiet and tranquil island to enjoy my fee summer.
  • When asked why this summer is going to be unusual, Big Yao said: "This summer is going to be a special summer, cos I'm not going to play a single minute of competition, and I'm not even included into the roster of my national team. This never happened in the past 11 to 12 years. So you don't have to worry about me, cos I will have ample of time to rest and rehabilitate. Of course I don't want to become fat and chubby that I need to go on my diet/weight control program when I return."
  • When asked what he felt was the bigggest harvest for this season, Yao Ming said: "Patience is our biggest harvest and achievement for this season, particulalry during the playoff. This is our team's biggest improvement (for this season). Looking back on this season, there were so many difficulties, sicknesses and injuries, as well as our struggles in our competitions. Yet with the concerted efforts from everyone, our head coach, the coaching staff and the players, we've come this far. this makes me feel finally we've become a collective, a complete integral entity; we fought shoulders to shoulders to face every challenge and adversity. And we 've come this far and you've known that you're not alone."
  • Yao Ming also heaped high praises on Rick Adelman: "Our coach gives us a game plan, as well as a direction, to let us know our direction forward. He also let us to cultivate our ability to think and solve problems. During the season, we're not just playing and competing; we're also thinking on how to become better. These all made us to become wiser thorugh our thinking; therefore when we faced all those difficulties and adversities (during the playoff), we did not fold up; we faced up to them, and left helding our heads up."
  • Yao Ming also told the reporters that the biggest priority for the Rockets this summer is to sign up Ron Artest. He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I enjoy playing together with Ron. It is not just limited to partnering with him on court; off court, he is also a very nice and funny guy. He is so strong and tough on court, and he formed the toughest defense with Shane in the entire league. With them both, we can always face up to every of the challenges thrown at us, and we are not afraid of any opponents."
  • When asked what he's going to do next, Yao Ming said: "I yearn to go home (i.e. China) now. As for my goal for next season, I hope I can complete the entire season, cos now that we know where is my upper limit."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 pm
Yao Ming also told the reporters that the biggest priority for the Rockets this summer is to sign up Ron Artest. He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I enjoy playing together with Ron. It is not just limited to partnering with him on court; off court, he is also a very nice and funny guy. He is so strong and tough on court, and he formed the toughest defense with Shane in the entire league. With them both, we can always face up to every of the challenges thrown at us, and we are not afraid of any opponents."

-----------

since yao ming said it...
the rox going to sign ron for sure....
you got to do what yao said... man....
ron is a bit crazy .. but having him on the team is great cuz you know no matter what .. he is going to back you up for sure...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:26 pm
johnl wrote:

since yao ming said it...
the rox going to sign ron for sure....
you got to do what yao said... man....
ron is a bit crazy .. but having him on the team is great cuz you know no matter what .. he is going to back you up for sure...

Well it's one thing that the Rockets strives to re-sign Ron Artest, which according to Daryl Morey, is going to be the top priority for this summer.

It's another thing whether Ron Artest thinks the offer from Houston Rockets is attractive enough to accept.

Ron Artest
ALREADY said it in the above occasion that he is willing to stay with the Rockets (if the price is right), but at the same time, he is open to all good offers, and he will weigh his options before he decides.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD989HR6O1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 12452Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
...Ron Artest [/color]ALREADY said it in the above occasion that he is willing to stay with the Rockets (if the price is right), but at the same time, he is open to all good offers, and he will weigh his options before he decides.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD989HR6O1[/size]
just my guess,
    should Ron Artest get the same contract offer from both
    the Rox and Lakers, he'll sign w the Lakers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 pm
Dr. No wrote:
just my guess, should Ron Artest get the same contract offer from both
the Rox and Lakers, he'll sign w the Lakers

Well, then probably you will be disappointed. :roll:

Ron Artest and his agent David Bauman had already said it, Rockets remains Ron Artest's top preference team provided the price/terms and conditions are right.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hot ... 28551.html

So if the offer from LA Lakers is the
SAME as the Rockets, Ron Artest will definitely stay.

Offline Profile