<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  5/14/2009 Playoff Round 2 Game 6 vs Los Angeles Lakers

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:30 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
i think u all reading too much into this. when i used to play in the city parks, and in IM games in college, my friends and I used to shove each other and do other stuff all the time to motivate each other. He was just trying to get Gasol to wake up, was Gasol hurt by it? come on, this is sports.

I agree. And you can tell that it wasn't a big deal, because Gasol hardly reacted at all to it.

exactly. look at Gasol's reaction

what situation do you sit sullenly, looking down, not making a move to antagonize the other person... WHEN YOU'RE BEING PUNISHED. by a parent or teacher.

when you're motivating each other on the court it's far from one guy screaming at everyone else and them looking at the ground or straight ahead with no eye contact... or peering out of the side of your eyes not daring to move your head like Ariza.

Kobe is obviously trying to "motivate." this isn't the only clip from that game of him doing it. there were also shots of him courtside sort of slapping Odom and a couple other guys... trying to get them going. you could tell by Kobe's own body language you cant see in that gif what his intent was. he's nodding his head and scowling and those are tell tale signs of trying to say "let's go."

the problem is that Kobe is a psychopath... he literally cannot empathize or put himself in someone elses' shoes. he simply cannot relate to people. he is trying to motivate but he has no idea how his actions impact others. what's encouragement, what's humilation? what's assault? what's consensual? what's playing hard? what's playing dirty? if you're trying to motivate someone you make eye contact, you talk TO them. you put your arm around them. slapping, yelling, commanding is what you do to dogs not to encourage them but to discipline

it's like a parent who beats the ****** out of his kid because he's trying to "train" them or a teacher who humiliates a kid to try to "motivate" them to work harder. the intent is good I guess

kobe's intent isn't to beat up Gasol. it's to motivate him. it simply shows what a piece of ****** human being Kobe is when he is trying to motivate gasol but ends up humiliating him on the sidelines rubbing his head like a dog.

look at the team's reactions. farmar, bynum brown all look away while ariza looks straight ahead. ONE dude who plays ball looks like that's a team getting fired up. it's ****** sad.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 12454Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
nolimitation wrote:
pryuen wrote:
he pushed gasol's head slightly and rubbed his hair...

i don't find that out of line.
I guess you need to check your eye-sight..... :P

It's not slightly or lightly It was quite violent, cos he was angry. He was treating Pau Gasol's head like a bobblehead.... and he followed that up with a fist onto Pau Gasol's chest.

Maybe he thought that's the proper way to motivate his team mates. :roll:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... s.rockets/

LOS ANGELES -- On Thursday, the Lakers sulked to the locker room down 16 to the Rockets at halftime, and Kobe Bryant didn't wait to exit the court before he began lighting into Sasha Vujacic.

While Bryant's frustration was boiling over, he was doing anything he could to ignite his despondent team. During a first-quarter timeout, Bryant ruffled Pau Gasol's shaggy hair and followed up the bobblehead move with a fist to Gasol's chest as if to say, "Wake up big fella, we need you."

At halftime, he continued. When Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked if it was the angriest he had seen Bryant "in a while," Jackson confirmed with a matter-of-fact, "Yes."
Exactly one of the reason I don't want them to win in any playoff series. I doubt Kobe will do that to Shaq.
your knowledge is indeed limited.

this is a mere child's play as compared to what Kobe did to Shaq on occasions; Kobe took swings at Shaq on several occasions.

anyone who knows anything about the Lakers team dynamics knows that what Kobe did is harmless. that there are those (who shall remain namess, but he likes to parrot rhetoric nonsense) who are ignorant of the situation and still makes ignorant claims about it.

NYC is correct in his assessment. PRY is out of touch, he knows about this Laker team dynamics less than what he knows about In-N-Out Burgers

fyi, Kobe does that to Bynum and Odom as well. he never does that to Fisher, who is a self-motivator

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Dr. No wrote:
nolimitation wrote:
pryuen wrote:
he pushed gasol's head slightly and rubbed his hair...

i don't find that out of line.
I guess you need to check your eye-sight..... :P

It's not slightly or lightly It was quite violent, cos he was angry. He was treating Pau Gasol's head like a bobblehead.... and he followed that up with a fist onto Pau Gasol's chest.

Maybe he thought that's the proper way to motivate his team mates. :roll:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... s.rockets/

LOS ANGELES -- On Thursday, the Lakers sulked to the locker room down 16 to the Rockets at halftime, and Kobe Bryant didn't wait to exit the court before he began lighting into Sasha Vujacic.

While Bryant's frustration was boiling over, he was doing anything he could to ignite his despondent team. During a first-quarter timeout, Bryant ruffled Pau Gasol's shaggy hair and followed up the bobblehead move with a fist to Gasol's chest as if to say, "Wake up big fella, we need you."

At halftime, he continued. When Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked if it was the angriest he had seen Bryant "in a while," Jackson confirmed with a matter-of-fact, "Yes."
Exactly one of the reason I don't want them to win in any playoff series. I doubt Kobe will do that to Shaq.
your knowledge is indeed limited.

this is a mere child's play as compared to what Kobe did to Shaq on occasions; Kobe took swings at Shaq on several occasions.

anyone who knows anything about the Lakers team dynamics knows that what Kobe did is harmless. that there are those (who shall remain namess, but he likes to parrot rhetoric nonsense) who are ignorant of the situation and still makes ignorant claims about it.

NYC is correct in his assessment. PRY is out of touch, he knows about this Laker team dynamics less than what he knows about In-N-Out Burgers

fyi, Kobe does that to Bynum and Odom as well. he never does that to Fisher, who is a self-motivator

I don't lick the Lakers ***** like some people do. Can you show me the clip that kobe does to Bynum, Odom and Shaq?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 12454Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
nolimitation wrote:
...I don't lick the Lakers ***** like some people do.
who gives a rat's azz what u lick

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:25 am
Posts: 4671Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
temuchin wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
i think u all reading too much into this. when i used to play in the city parks, and in IM games in college, my friends and I used to shove each other and do other stuff all the time to motivate each other. He was just trying to get Gasol to wake up, was Gasol hurt by it? come on, this is sports.

I agree. And you can tell that it wasn't a big deal, because Gasol hardly reacted at all to it.

exactly. look at Gasol's reaction

what situation do you sit sullenly, looking down, not making a move to antagonize the other person... WHEN YOU'RE BEING PUNISHED. by a parent or teacher.

when you're motivating each other on the court it's far from one guy screaming at everyone else and them looking at the ground or straight ahead with no eye contact... or peering out of the side of your eyes not daring to move your head like Ariza.

Kobe is obviously trying to "motivate." this isn't the only clip from that game of him doing it. there were also shots of him courtside sort of slapping Odom and a couple other guys... trying to get them going. you could tell by Kobe's own body language you cant see in that gif what his intent was. he's nodding his head and scowling and those are tell tale signs of trying to say "let's go."

the problem is that Kobe is a psychopath... he literally cannot empathize or put himself in someone elses' shoes. he simply cannot relate to people. he is trying to motivate but he has no idea how his actions impact others. what's encouragement, what's humilation? what's assault? what's consensual? what's playing hard? what's playing dirty? if you're trying to motivate someone you make eye contact, you talk TO them. you put your arm around them. slapping, yelling, commanding is what you do to dogs not to encourage them but to discipline

it's like a parent who beats the ****** out of his kid because he's trying to "train" them or a teacher who humiliates a kid to try to "motivate" them to work harder. the intent is good I guess

kobe's intent isn't to beat up Gasol. it's to motivate him. it simply shows what a piece of ****** human being Kobe is when he is trying to motivate gasol but ends up humiliating him on the sidelines rubbing his head like a dog.

look at the team's reactions. farmar, bynum brown all look away while ariza looks straight ahead. ONE dude who plays ball looks like that's a team getting fired up. it's ****** sad.

I don't think Gasol or any of those guys thought Kobe was humiliating them. If they thought he was humiliating them, they would have gotten right back up into his face and told him to back off. Gasol's reaction was more like he knew he was playing poorly and had no response.

The whole "teacher/humiliation" thing seems more like a Chinese POV...and certainly not an NBA thing....

Offline Profile YIM