<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  5/14/2009 Playoff Round 2 Game 6 vs Los Angeles Lakers

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 326Location: bayareasfJoined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:34 pm
ThePrivate wrote:
Quote:

dude, wtf kindve sh1t is that? you cant be doing sh1t like that to a grown man. due to what ive seen on this clip certifies why kobe dont have what it takes as a true leader to win a championship. is sh1t like that suppose to motivate your teammates?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
he pushed gasol's head slightly and rubbed his hair...

i don't find that out of line.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:

I guess you need to check your eye-sight..... :P

It's not slightly or lightly It was quite violent, cos he was angry. He was treating Pau Gasol's head like a bobblehead.... and he followed that up with a fist onto Pau Gasol's chest.

Maybe he thought that's the proper way to motivate his team mates. :roll:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... s.rockets/

LOS ANGELES -- On Thursday, the Lakers sulked to the locker room down 16 to the Rockets at halftime, and Kobe Bryant didn't wait to exit the court before he began lighting into Sasha Vujacic.

While Bryant's frustration was boiling over, he was doing anything he could to ignite his despondent team. During a first-quarter timeout, Bryant ruffled Pau Gasol's shaggy hair and followed up the bobblehead move with a fist to Gasol's chest as if to say, "Wake up big fella, we need you."

At halftime, he continued. When Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked if it was the angriest he had seen Bryant "in a while," Jackson confirmed with a matter-of-fact, "Yes."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm

it will only hurt ur teammate more regardless of what people think. talk is easier in my opinion. u see other lakers looking away cuz they want no part of it. i think his teammates dont like him to be honest :lol: i know andrew bynum doesnt :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
pryuen wrote:

I guess you need to check your eye-sight..... :P

It's not slightly or lightly It was quite violent, cos he was angry. He was treating Pau Gasol's head like a bobblehead.... and he followed that up with a fist onto Pau Gasol's chest.

Maybe he thought that's the proper way to motivate his team mates. :roll:

Quote:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... s.rockets/

LOS ANGELES -- On Thursday, the Lakers sulked to the locker room down 16 to the Rockets at halftime, and Kobe Bryant didn't wait to exit the court before he began lighting into Sasha Vujacic.

While Bryant's frustration was boiling over, he was doing anything he could to ignite his despondent team. During a first-quarter timeout, Bryant ruffled Pau Gasol's shaggy hair and followed up the bobblehead move with a fist to Gasol's chest as if to say, "Wake up big fella, we need you."

At halftime, he continued. When Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked if it was the angriest he had seen Bryant "in a while," Jackson confirmed with a matter-of-fact, "Yes."

Exactly one of the reason I don't want them to win in any playoff series. I doubt Kobe will do that to Shaq.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
i think u all reading too much into this. when i used to play in the city parks, and in IM games in college, my friends and I used to shove each other and do other stuff all the time to motivate each other. He was just trying to get Gasol to wake up, was Gasol hurt by it? come on, this is sports.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:37 am
Posts: 4671Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
i think u all reading too much into this. when i used to play in the city parks, and in IM games in college, my friends and I used to shove each other and do other stuff all the time to motivate each other. He was just trying to get Gasol to wake up, was Gasol hurt by it? come on, this is sports.

I agree. And you can tell that it wasn't a big deal, because Gasol hardly reacted at all to it.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:08 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PhilNYC wrote:

I agree. And you can tell that it wasn't a big deal, because Gasol hardly reacted at all to it.

YEAH.... Pau Gasol did not react to it and he did not get motivated by it as well....and continued to SUX for the rest of the game. :P :P :P

GOOD JOB for Kobe Bryant to mob him up like that !!! 8)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 am
PhilNYC wrote:

Yeah, after taking a second look, it kinda look like Kobe was trying to get Gasol to wake up. It looked like a push on the back of the neck followed by a noogie.

But it must have been a pretty hard noogie to get Gasol's head to move forward like that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:14 pm
But you gotta be careful with who you do that to, you just have to make sure that you know well the people you do that to, and that they are tolerant of it, because at the city park where I play near my house, if another player did that to his own teammate, especially if he did not know him, I know that the other teammate would have thrown a punch towards him and gotten in a fight with him. Believe me, I've seen fights there that started from a lot less, so you do have to be careful if you want to do that to someone, and think before you act, and make sure that the person you do it to is thick-skinned, and that they will take it well before you do it so you don't get in trouble.