<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  5/14/2009 Playoff Round 2 Game 6 vs Los Angeles Lakers

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

So Game 6 with LA Lakers back in Toyota Centre.

IT'S MAKE OR BREAK FOR THE ROCKETS!!!

Either force a Game 7 at Los Angeles, or pack and go home for fishing.

After a perfect Game 4 where the Rockets played with patience, composure, good control of tempo/rhythm, great offensive movement, suffocating water-tight defense and making all the good shots, EVERYTHING WENT SOUTH in Game 5 after the 6 minutes mark when Chuck Hayes got his 2nd personal foul from a phantom call, as the Rockets tried to force things, lost control of tempo/rhythm and held by the nose of the Lakers, turned over everything in sight, missed most of the available open shots, got owned down in the interior and eventually suffered the heaviest defeat in the playoff since the Game 7 defeat on the hands of the Dallas Mavericks in 2005.

So can they repeat their performance of that PERFECT Game 4 to force a Game 7??

Or should they just die a natural death, rather than going back to Los Angeles to be tortured to death by the Lakers, and meeting the well-written script of Mr David Stern?

Well.......REALLY TOUGH TO DECIDE.

On one hand, just don't want to see the Rockets crashing out now to end their great/fantastic season and an excellent run in this playoff.

But on the other hand, now that Yao Ming is out, the chance for the Rockets to beat LA Lakers to advance into the Western Conference Final is
CLOSE TO ZERO.

Just don't want Big Yao to feel sad and bad sitting on the bench watching the Rockets beaten again in Game 7 with the game influenced by some pre-arranged crooked NBA officials just like Game 2 and Game 5.

So personally, I just hope the Rockets fight gallantly in Game 6 and lost with dignity and held their heads up high, rather than to force a Game 7, go to Los Angeles to fight
5 vereus 8 to try to win the series that they are destined to lose in first place.

So what do you guys think?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 am
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Pruyen, what kinda attitude is that? lol

I say fight all the way till the end........remember in bball, no 2 games are called/played the same way! Who to say we can't repeat the same performance like game 4......I rather go down in history as a Rox team that forced a thrilling game 7 against the Lakers in 2009.

Go Rox!! Believe!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
natedogg22 wrote:
Pruyen, what kinda attitude is that? lol

I say fight all the way till the end........remember in bball, no 2 games are called/played the same way! Who to say we can't repeat the same performance like game 4......I rather go down in history as a Rox team that forced a thrilling game 7 against the Lakers in 2009.

Go Rox!! Believe!

I know. But I hate to see the Rockets won Game 6, and go back to Los Angeles to face the Lakers again with crooked NBA referees like Joel Crawford (Game 2), Benette Salavatore (Game 5) or Violet Palmer officiating !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:58 am
You play to win, no other options. You can't go in there trying to lose in style...that's not the heart of a champion. I say give them game 7, then make them cry on home court.

These Rockets need to man up. We need to play and compete hard, if Kobe wants to get in the way...i say run his ***** over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 am
User avatarPosts: 783Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 am
better luck next year rockets

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
i don't see the rox winning this. rox are fighters, but are just too small to win against lakers, lakers can taste it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:30 am
Rockets should win this game. No refs deciding the games for the Lakers.

Rox win by 11 points. As a tribute to #11

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Pryuen you are far-seeing as Denethor II son of Ecthelion, and like the great Steward you despair with clear understanding of the unassailable power the Enemy has arrayed before you.

BUT DO NOT DESPAIR. Hold on to your hope if only a fool's hope.

I'm probably the one guy on here who saw game 5 exactly like you saw it. Rockets dont have much hope, furthermore, I dont think Stern necessarily wants this series to go 7 any more. The Rockets are too unpredictable and Lakers to ******.

But gotta play to win. Win game 6 force game 7. Maybe Stern will have a heart attack and justice will prevail.

As for Yao let him sit on the bench and watch it. He's gotta learn not to play hurt and be more conscientious taking care of himself so he's there when the team needs him

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:30 pm
i believe lakers will able to beat them tonight but I feel bad for them without Yao and Tracy too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
it doesn't matter if yao rests in the summer, cuts back his minutes in the regular season, or becomes a jump-shooter, he will always have the risk of getting hurt!! Playing long minutes does not correlate to foot injuries! Yao could be playing 5 minutes in a meaningless preseason game and have a stress fracture. Don't u get it? 7''6 people are not meant to play basketball.

Offline Profile