<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 am
User avatarPosts: 12439Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming had successfully shredded 15 to 20 pounds from his body recently.
i take this w a grain of salt; afterall, ur the same person who had relayed this news to this forum
    Sun Yue has already gained 12 kilo of muscles, in his 2nd month of training w the Lakers
So Shawn Respert lied to the public??? :roll:
actually, Raymond,
    you parroted a lie about plateaued Sun; but lacks the courage to 'fess up

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:03 am
C'mon Dr. No. Let it fly, you're beating a dead horse here. We all know what happened with Sun in the end. This is something separate man, you can't put it on Pry just cause he cited Shawn Respert's comments on Yao's progress. At least he's not posting these updates without reference.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
You can look at the numbers for others players in the draft, for a guard, he's in the average range. Just because you can bench a lot doesn't mean you're stronger, and you're also probably not 6-6+ like most nba players. Long arms make bench press harder.

JWang07 wrote:
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
to be fair, prior to the nba draft, in predraft measurements, sun yue did 9 reps of 185 lbs. That is not superstar caliber, but it puts him in the average range(albeit below the average) for nba players his size, and he's not a front court player, and it's been 3 years, i'm guessing he can probably bench his own weight 9 times now, which i think is more than sufficient for basketball players.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-dra ... ?year=2007

Is 9 rep on 185 really in the average range for NBA players? I never thought I was that much stronger than the average professional ball player. Obviously bench pressing doesn't directly translate into basketball skills, but I would have guessed a lot more than 9 reps.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
[size=117]
Pretty quiet for Big Yao these days as he continues on his rehab, and spends time with his new baby girl.

[color=darkred]But he presided over the donation/opening ceremony for a new nature-based playground facilities for children at Chinese Community Centre of Houston yesterday (June 5, 2010).

This is one of 4 nature-based playground facilities that Yao Ming promised for the people of Houston last November, when he granted US$ 100,000 through his Yao Ming Foundation to the Collaborative for Children, a non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of early care and education in the Houston, Texas area, for this effort. The other 3 nature-based playground facilities are at [b]Walker

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
LOL !!! :P :P :P

In order to avoid the bombardment of the media/press about his contract situation and other questions, right after the donation/opening ceremony of the nature-based playground in the Chinese Community Centre, Yao Ming changed the subject matter and claimed that he is now an expert in changing diapers for his baby daughter !!! :shock: :P :P :P

[quote]

[size=109] [b]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:21 am

Big Yao updated his Facebook entry to congratulate Ron Artest and the LA Lakers winning the Chmapionship.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am

Yao Ming showed up yesterday (June 19) in the 10th Alumni Reunion of North America Jiaotong University in Houston and received a star award from the hand of 83-years-old Hollywood's "Madam Tung" Lisa Lu Yan (Lu Yan's most famous role was as "Madam Tung" in the movie "The Arch" in 1970), an alumnae of Shanghai Jiaotong University.

Here are some photos of Big Yao with Lisa Lu Yan, gave his thanking speech and presided over an auction of his autographed basketball, the proceeds of which will go to the North America Jiaotong University Alumni Association.

Quote:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/s ... 359287.htm

China's Yao wins star award at
Jiaotong University alumni reunion

English.news.cn
2010-06-20

HOUSTON, June 19 (Xinhua) -- Chinese basketball center Yao Ming won an alumni star award here Saturday at the 10th North America Jiaotong University alumni reunion.

Some 500 alumni from five Jiaotong universities, including four Jiaotong universities in the Chinese mainland and one in Hsinchu, in China's Taiwan province, attended the gathering which had been held every five years since its first session in New York in 1965.

Renowned Hollywood actress Lisa Lu, a Jiaotong university alumna, presented Yao the award.

Lu praised the Houston Rockets player, who was enrolled by Shanghai Jiaotong University in 2001, for his outstanding career achievement and the glory he has brought to the university as well as to his country.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 am
Yao Ming's latest entry on his Facebook.

He is running now at full weight without help from the Alter-G.

Yao Ming on His Facebook wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/Yao

I'm still working out 5 days a week. I'm running on a real treadmill 20-30 minutes each time. I don't need the Alter-G treadmill any more.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 am
pryuen wrote:
Yao Ming's latest entry on his Facebook.

He is running now at full weight without help from the Alter-G.

Yao Ming on His Facebook wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/Yao

I'm still working out 5 days a week. I'm running on a real treadmill 20-30 minutes each time. I don't need the Alter-G treadmill any more.

Does he respond personally at this Facebook page?

Offline Profile