Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
YaoMingFan wrote:
bayern wrote:
That injury problem of his needs to be solved somehow. Can't have that on a yearly basis. That's ridiculous. He can work as hard as he can, but it's a moot point if he can't stay healthy when playoffs roll around.


To look on the bright side of it though. I do feel Yao has made some pretty positive strides, in terms of staying healthy this year.

Yao played 77 games this season, in addition to the playoffs. Yes he did get hurt again, but he played MUCH more than in recent years. :wink:

I'm sure Yao, and everyone around him, is aware of his injury concerns. And I'm hopeful, that Yao can continue to find ways to remain healthy on a consistent basis in the years to come.


There is no bright side. Every injury he goes through will shorten his career somehow.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:

There is no bright side. Every injury he goes through will shorten his career somehow.


He played 77 games this season plus 9 games in the play offs for a total of 86 games. That's the most games he has ever played in the NBA. I just think people are making a bigger deal out his latest injury then it is.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

There is no bright side. Every injury he goes through will shorten his career somehow.


He played 77 games this season plus 9 games in the play offs for a total of 86 games. That's the most games he has ever played in the NBA. I just think people are making a bigger deal out his latest injury then it is.


How could you say it's not a big deal. It is a huge deal. It gives people an impression that he gets hurt on a yearly basis, and because of that, it might shorten his career in the future. As far as team goes, they lose his service when they need him the most, which is the playoff time. All in all, as a professional player, it's not a good thing to get injured to begin with, let alone how frequently the player gets hurt.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 1096Location: calgary, canadaJoined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:29 pm
bayern wrote:

How could you say it's not a big deal. It is a huge deal. It gives people an impression that he gets hurt on a yearly basis, and because of that, it might shorten his career in the future.


This makes no sense at all.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 am
Posts: 4644Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
bayern wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

There is no bright side. Every injury he goes through will shorten his career somehow.


He played 77 games this season plus 9 games in the play offs for a total of 86 games. That's the most games he has ever played in the NBA. I just think people are making a bigger deal out his latest injury then it is.


How could you say it's not a big deal. It is a huge deal. It gives people an impression that he gets hurt on a yearly basis, and because of that, it might shorten his career in the future. As far as team goes, they lose his service when they need him the most, which is the playoff time. All in all, as a professional player, it's not a good thing to get injured to begin with, let alone how frequently the player gets hurt.


The fact that he's not going to play for the Chinese national team this summer is a big deal. He played 86 games this season plus the Olympics in August (and all the prep leading up to it, which shortened his rehab from his injury last spring).


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 258Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:40 pm
I think Yao should take the summer off and spend sometime with Ye to have a baby. Yao and Ye's offspring can potentially be the future backbone of the CNT.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yaoisgreat wrote:
I think Yao should take the summer off and spend sometime with Ye to have a baby. Yao and Ye's offspring can potentially be the future backbone of the CNT.


He mentioned that he does not have that plan until maybe 3 to 4 years from now.

I guess that probably due to the fact that Ye Li is still studying her accountancy degree at the University of Houston. You know it won't be convenient to be pregnant while you're still a student and have to work hard on your assignments and thesis.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
Why is she studying something as preprofessional as accounting. I mean it's a career geared for upper middle class, and erratic hours during tax season. I don't know anyone that actually enjoys accounting, it's just a way to make a decent living. Her job right now is to take cooking classes, work out that body, doing yoga/pilates, make babies and repeat. It's not like they will ever need money ever again.

pryuen wrote:
Yaoisgreat wrote:
I think Yao should take the summer off and spend sometime with Ye to have a baby. Yao and Ye's offspring can potentially be the future backbone of the CNT.


He mentioned that he does not have that plan until maybe 3 to 4 years from now.

I guess that probably due to the fact that Ye Li is still studying her accountancy degree at the University of Houston. You know it won't be convenient to be pregnant while you're still a student and have to work hard on your assignments and thesis.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
PhilNYC wrote:

The fact that he's not going to play for the Chinese national team this summer is a big deal. He played 86 games this season plus the Olympics in August (and all the prep leading up to it, which shortened his rehab from his injury last spring).


Exactly Yao played 86 games this season, the most he has ever played in his career. If it were any other player, say Scola for example who suffered the injury, nobody would be talking about it. So to me, it's just an over reaction. With a summer of rest I have no doubt that he can get through next season without any major complications.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
Why is she studying something as preprofessional as accounting. I mean it's a career geared for upper middle class, and erratic hours during tax season. I don't know anyone that actually enjoys accounting, it's just a way to make a decent living. Her job right now is to take cooking classes, work out that body, doing yoga/pilates, make babies and repeat. It's not like they will ever need money ever again.


Yao Ming once joked about that. He said he needs someone to handle/control his finance and take care of his investments. WHO is MORE trustworthy than your own wife taking care of this??? :P


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 6 of 65
650 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum