<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
The biggest question will be whether Yao will suffer another fracture next season. What kind of player T Mac will become after his surgery? Do both Artest and Wafer stay in Houston? Of course, they need to find Yao a back up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 am
U should just start making these at the beginning of every season. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:23 am
I'm still so bummed about Yao Ming's injury.

Will Yao ever be healthy again? Or is this something that's gonna happen every season?

This is like the fourth straight season.

Damn...I know last summer was the Olympics but you did have a major surgery on your foot...what unlucky timing. If only Yao could've gotten more rest last summer instead of rushing back for the Olympics.

I'm sure Yao is really happy and proud of his Olympic experience but...it's a bummer.

Yao...I hope this summer, you can get plenty of rest, and not play in any stupid CNT tournaments.

Hopefully a full summer's rest will help you fully recover for next season.

Anyway..Go Rockets! I hope they win it all this season. If they can beat the Lakers..they can become Champions!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 am
bayern wrote:
It wasn't an easy series against Portland either. A couple of breaks here and there, Portland could have gone up 3-1 instead of being down 1-3. So that series were pretty close in my view. In other words, if they aren't that far away from the Conference finals, then they are also close to get eliminated in the first round too. A few breaks here and there make a big difference.

that's basketball. there's no guarantee that Houston would beat Portland or Dallas either. They lost to dallas a couple weeks ago

versus portland however Houston had some key advantages... just like if they played NO they'd probably win 4 out of 5 series or more

yao's gotta strap on a pair though. he cant go saying LA is better and more talented and ****** while his teammates are still fighting for the series

that's like something tmac would say

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:52 am
****** cba ..they going to work and work and work you until you cant move anymore.... chinese officials always put the chinese national pride on their mouth...... give me a ****** break... give yao ming a ****** break.. let him play his nba.... ******..

this is some of yao fault for being tooooo ****** nice....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 314Location: CaliforniaJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm
Those stupid officials running Chinese basketball never have any common sense. Maybe the Rockets doctors need to release a statement saying Yao cannot play competitive basketball for the summer due to his injuries.

Tang Man wrote:
That's why it's important that Yao says no and retire from the national team immediately. These next few years are going to be the MOST IMPORTANT IN HIS CAREER. He simple can't waste it by playing for CNT. Come on man, some common sense has got to prevail here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:38 pm
Yao career as a "star" is over. The coaching staff needs to evaluate Yao's role and decide on that to do with him. Either trade him or make him start off the bench and limit his playing time. No more than 10 minutes a game.

They don't need him at all. Just throw him in every now and then to make the Chinese fan happy. In the mean time, Yao and Tracy can just hold hands and cheer for the Rox and they destroy the Lakers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
bayern wrote:
The biggest question will be whether Yao will suffer another fracture next season. What kind of player T Mac will become after his surgery? Do both Artest and Wafer stay in Houston? Of course, they need to find Yao a back up.

Good questions. There is no question that the long, grueling season is too much for Yao to stay relatively healthy. The only way the Rox can mitigate Yao's chances of constant injury (with no obvious guarantee) is to sign a legitimate backup Center so as to reduce Yao's playing minutes to approx. 34-36 per game.

My opinion is that Mac will never play another game for the Rox. Unlike Yao Ming, Mac doesn't rehab hard enough, so I don't think he will be ready to play after 1 yr of rehabbing.

Ron Artest benefits the most from Mac's injury status, since the Rox may have to over-pay him to keep him from signing elsewhere. BUT I don't believe he is worth a max contract. The most he should be offered by Morey is maybe 12 million per season.

Von Wafer? If the Rox sign (free agent) or trade for a legit backup Center and sign Artest, they may be over or near the salary luxury cap limit. If Wafer is looking to be paid more than 2 mill per season, he will sign with another team.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:18 pm
Posts: 211Location: Davis, CAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:12 pm
I also think coach played Yao Ming too much minutes in the past two seasons. Hope Rockets can learn lesson from those two seasons. it will be helpful for Yao Ming to play less minutes next season if Rockets can play well without Yao Ming in this playoff. I hope Rockets can beat Lakes and Denver without yao, but I am doubt about it.

Go Rockets!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
koensayr wrote:
Those stupid officials running Chinese basketball never have any common sense. Maybe the Rockets doctors need to release a statement saying Yao cannot play competitive basketball for the summer due to his injuries.

It's pretty obvious Yao Ming has to retire from the national team. He has no other option if he wants to make a deep play off run.

Offline Profile