Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2009

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
temuchin wrote:
pryuen what postgame comments from Yao following this win?



He said this is a win and a team that he can be proud of.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-05-11/ ... 3461.shtml


He thought his team once again demonstrated in front of everybody their tenacity, resilency and character. They are a team that just don't want to lose, and won't give up under any circumstances. He felt this team had gone through so many problems and adversities this season, and at one stage, he was not even sure whether they can make it to the playoff; but here they are playing on even feet their best basketball against the strongest team of Western Conference, LA Lakers. That already told him that his team had metamorphisized to become a different team.

But he knew this win does not mean they're stronger than LA Lakers. Talents and abilities wise, he thought the Rockets is still inferior to the Lakers. This win was purely from their never-say-quit fighting spirit and morale.

He expressed that actually LA Lakers is the only team he thought is better and stronger than the Rockets in the entire Western Conference; he felt if they had handled some of the games in the regular season, including their last game with Dallas Mavericks better, the Rockets should be a Western Conference finalist. He thought they are actually not very far from the Conference Final.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
He expressed that actually LA Lakers is the only team he thought is better and stronger than the Rockets in the entire Western Conference; he felt if they had handled some of the games in the regular season, including their last game with Dallas Mavericks better, the Rockets should be a Western Conference finalist. He thought they are actually not very far from the Conference Final.


It wasn't an easy series against Portland either. A couple of breaks here and there, Portland could have gone up 3-1 instead of being down 1-3. So that series were pretty close in my view. In other words, if they aren't that far away from the Conference finals, then they are also close to get eliminated in the first round too. A few breaks here and there make a big difference.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bayern wrote:

It wasn't an easy series against Portland either. A couple of breaks here and there, Portland could have gone up 3-1 instead of being down 1-3. So that series were pretty close in my view. In other words, if they aren't that far away from the Conference finals, then they are also close to get eliminated in the first round too. A few breaks here and there make a big difference.


Well IMHO, what he meant is that if they had not lost some of those games to lowly teams and that last game in the regular season to Dallas Mavericks, they would be avoiding to be in the same bracket as teams with TrailBlazers and LA Lakers, and they could be having a smoother playoff path facing some lesser teams, not as strong and talented as TrailBlazers and LA Lakers.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:19 pm
Posts: 2247Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:07 pm
YaoMingFan wrote:
Something I wouldn't mind seeing Yao do over this summer is actually LOSE a few pounds.

I'm not saying he should go back to Rookie year Yao, but perhaps find a better balance to remaining strong enough, more mobile, and more durable at the same time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Yao lose maybe 10 to 15 pounds or so. I think he would be quicker, which would help him handle the quickness of the game better, and maybe put less pressure on his massive body as well.

I remember earlier in Yao's career he was very durable for his size. Again, I'm not saying he get super skinny like before, but I think him getting a bit trimmer may actually be beneficial.

Just a thought. :? :wink:


He came in the league at 295, now he is probably less than 310 (according to the media). So not much can be cut.

I think it is more of the playing style than the weight he is carrying. In the first couple years he played a lot of face up game that didn't involve much wrestling like his purely post-up game does nowadays. Constant wrestling for postion against big guys like Pryzbill and Oden will surely do a lot damage against your feet.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:

It wasn't an easy series against Portland either. A couple of breaks here and there, Portland could have gone up 3-1 instead of being down 1-3. So that series were pretty close in my view. In other words, if they aren't that far away from the Conference finals, then they are also close to get eliminated in the first round too. A few breaks here and there make a big difference.


Well to be honest, the Rockets were basically 5 minutes away from sweeping the Blazers. So take it for what it's worth.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:
temuchin wrote:
pryuen what postgame comments from Yao following this win?



He said this is a win and a team that he can be proud of.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-05-11/ ... 3461.shtml


He thought his team once again demonstrated in front of everybody their tenacity, resilency and character. They are a team that just don't want to lose, and won't give up under any circumstances. He felt this team had gone through so many problems and adversities this season, and at one stage, he was not even sure whether they can make it to the playoff; but here they are playing on even feet their best basketball against the strongest team of Western Conference, LA Lakers. That already told him that his team had metamorphisized to become a different team.

But he knew this win does not mean they're stronger than LA Lakers. Talents and abilities wise, he thought the Rockets is still inferior to the Lakers. This win was purely from their never-say-quit fighting spirit and morale.

He expressed that actually LA Lakers is the only team he thought is better and stronger than the Rockets in the entire Western Conference; he felt if they had handled some of the games in the regular season, including their last game with Dallas Mavericks better, the Rockets should be a Western Conference finalist. He thought they are actually not very far from the Conference Final.


I pretty much agree with Yao. The Rockets are getting there as a team. So it's important that they keep this group together because there's going to be some great years ahead for this Rockets team. The team reach the 2nd round which it needed to do to reach the next stage of its development. They are now even challenging one of the elite teams in the league, which BTW I have ALWAYS said that they would.

Before the Rockets got out of the 1st round people were going on about how they had NO chance against the Lakers but I said they would be a different beast if they reach the 2nd round. So far they have proven to be exactly that and there is still more room for improvement. Players like Brooks and Wafer will mature with another season under their belt. With maturity will hopefully come better shot selection.

The success will also inspire more performances from Yao like the one we saw in game 1. You know he could have been on his way to another huge game in game 3 had he not got injured in the 2nd quarter. I still believe Yao's best 2 to 3 years are still ahead of him.

With the other players maturing and producing, Yao could see less double teams and that could not only prolong his career but allow him to dominate inside against defenses that will be relunctant to focus all their attention on him. My worry about Yao, is his passive nature and his tendency to defer. With other players producing, he needs to step up his game and be even more assertive. Do that and I believe the Rockets will be one of the top teams in the NBA next season. They play great defense and have the right mix of players to succeed. Their chemistry is good.

The interesting thing is what to do about T-Mac. I still believe he can help the Rockets in the PO but what to do about his role within the team I am not sure. One thing for certain they can't go back to giving T-Mac the ball and stand around and watch him play anymore.

There's also the option to move him on altogether as well. So it'll be interesting to see what the Rockets do there.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Quote:
Yao has spoken with officials from the China Basketball Association but said it is too soon for them to discuss his availability to play for the Chinese national team this summer.


Yao is a f u c king moron if he plans to play for CNT after recovering from his injury. Seriously WTF???!!!!!

SAY NO. SAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
From Houston Chronicle on Big Yao pre-game press conference.

[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 17648.html

Yao out, but not too down
Center looks forward to rehab, next season

[size=109]By JONATHAN FEIGEN
May 10, 2009, 9:11PM


Yao Ming had fought off the thoughts that had filled so many.

Another season had ended prematurely with another injury. The hairline fracture found in his left foot on Saturday would force him to miss the remainder of the postseason.

Yao, however, did not allow himself to wonder if he were stuck in a pattern that would forever limit his career.

"I don


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:
Quote:
Yao has spoken with officials from the China Basketball Association but said it is too soon for them to discuss his availability to play for the Chinese national team this summer.


Yao is a f u c king moron if he plans to play for CNT after recovering from his injury. Seriously WTF???!!!!!

SAY NO. SAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, it's the CBA officials contacting him. Not the other way round.

Those bastards were still pondering whether time is sufficient for Big Yao to start rejoining/gelling with the national team by July.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
pryuen wrote:

Those bastards were still pondering whether time is sufficient for Big Yao to start rejoining/gelling with the national team by July.[/size]


That's why it's important that Yao says no and retire from the national team immediately. These next few years are going to be the MOST IMPORTANT IN HIS CAREER. He simple can't waste it by playing for CNT. Come on man, some common sense has got to prevail here.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 65
650 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron