<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  5/10/2009 Playoff Round 2 Game 4 vs Los Angeles Lakers

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
shokenchi wrote:
bayern wrote:
Artest must shoot better. I am just amazed how badly he shoots. Absolutely ridiculous.

he shot well in 1st two games. i think the ejections took him out of rhythm. plus he gets flustered by kobe trash talk which he loses his cool and decides to take kobe 1 on 1 = turnover or bricks.

That's not good. Gotta play within the system instead of playing without purpose. That's something he needs to work on and be mature about his game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm
Posts: 8228Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
bayern wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
bayern wrote:
Artest must shoot better. I am just amazed how badly he shoots. Absolutely ridiculous.

he shot well in 1st two games. i think the ejections took him out of rhythm. plus he gets flustered by kobe trash talk which he loses his cool and decides to take kobe 1 on 1 = turnover or bricks.

That's not good. Gotta play within the system instead of playing without purpose. That's something he needs to work on and be mature about his game.

yeah thats the part i hate about his game. rox can win even if he misses shots but he needs to take good shots and stop letting kobe get into his head.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:10 pm
shokenchi wrote:
yeah thats the part i hate about his game. rox can win even if he misses shots but he needs to take good shots and stop letting kobe get into his head.

It should be the other way around, he needs to get into Kobe's head.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm
Posts: 271Location: San FranciscoJoined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:20 am
After today, consider me a big fan of this year's Houston Rockets. I really like your squad's grit and determination. There's no real "superstar" now that Yao and TMac are out, but they don't miss a beat.

The Rockets will have a hard time trying to replicate what they did today and the Lakers will be better prepared for the "new style" Rockets. But the Rockets are for real and if the Lakers play like they did today, we will see the Rockets in the West Finals this year.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:27 pm
coach41 wrote:
After today, consider me a big fan of this year's Houston Rockets. I really like your squad's grit and determination. There's no real "superstar" now that Yao and TMac are out, but they don't miss a beat.

The Rockets will have a hard time trying to replicate what they did today and the Lakers will be better prepared for the "new style" Rockets. But the Rockets are for real and if the Lakers play like they did today, we will see the Rockets in the West Finals this year.

I expect the Lakers to bounce back in game 5 at home. Now the series become the best of 3 and I still think the Lakers are the favorites. But the Rockets have no pressure because not too many people give them a chance. All the pressure is on the Lakers for sure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm
Incredible game. The Rockets deserve this win, because of the intensity output is above the scale. Shane is demonstrating a full package player. He plays smart, shoots well, defends like a champ, and above all, a true sportsman. I think Scola did a great job as always fighting for rebounds, some of them were key boards to help establish the lead and keeping it.

Chuck Chuck Chuck is my man. You know all those people on the all defensive team are good, but Chuck is great! The only reason why he is not getting the love he deserve is because he is just not a super star. But, let me tell you something guys. I know for a fact our Chuckster can defend better than any of those NBA first defensive team. He would be unstoppable if he is a few inches taller.

I hope this team will beat the Lakers in six. I don't care what people say, but I believe we can. I wish Yao didn't get hurt, so he can share the success with his team.

Great game, and congrats AB. He had a great game, I just hoep he continues to improve so this type of performance can be consistent. I still say he needs more assist to be a true PG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Feilong wrote:

Great game, and congrats AB. He had a great game, I just hoep he continues to improve so this type of performance can be consistent. I still say he needs more assist to be a true PG.

AB play a great game and have a bright future ahead of him. He just needs to figure out when to look for his shot and when to get his teammates involve. Once his game matures the future will be pretty exciting for the rockets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm
bamboodragon wrote:
LOL, Phil Jackson said it best..

Reporter: Are you embarrassed by this lost?

Phili Jackson? Embarrassed? No. Can you give the Rockets some ****** credit? They beat us. They played well today. No I'm not embarrassed.

lmao@phil

he should be embarrassed. his team just got their ***** WHIPPED ALL GAME by a team of literal scrubs and 6-9th men in the league.

and he got SCHOOLED by RA.

make no doubt. Phil was too much of an asshole to even call a TIMEOUT when his team who is supposed to be winning the NBA championship is getting spanked by 20 in the first quarter

trrrrrrble coach. no adjustments. getting owned big time this series by a coach who honestly doesn't have 1/3 the talent phil does.

let's not even talk about he somehow seemed oblivious of his Big Man Gasol getting OWNED by a 6'6" 4/5 swingman... uh coach... want to mix it up out there? make some adjustments?

"nah let them play through it" (meanwhile his team is down by 29 and throwing away a potential 3-1 series lead)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:06 pm
Tang Man wrote:
Feilong wrote:

AB play a great game and have a bright future ahead of him. He just needs to figure out when to look for his shot and when to get his teammates involve. Once his game matures the future will be pretty exciting for the rockets.

he needs to figure out what kind of guard he's going to be. he can score no doubt. but SF3 could score. to make it in this league he needs to round out his game... work hard... and get mentally his head in it

a game like this... where he has no responsibility to find Yao and no pressure is actually an idea type of game for brooks... he had situations like this back in Oregon too. nothing to lose... no need to think just do what comes naturally for a natural scorer... shoot the ball

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 3746Location: NJJoined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
temuchin wrote:
he needs to figure out what kind of guard he's going to be. he can score no doubt. but SF3 could score. to make it in this league he needs to round out his game... work hard... and get mentally his head in it.

Yeah, definitely. AB is a good SG, but he's no PG. Sure, he had 30+ points, but he only had 4 assists.

Offline Profile