<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  4/28/2009 Playoff Round 1 Game 5 @ Portland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm
Tang Man wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
2 more chances man. i just hope they get it done at home. game 7 wont be good cuz momentum is on blazers side. i will have a break down if rox lose this series and prolly gonna quit watching bball until yao makes it to next round.

I am seriously thinking about not even watching game 6. Just when you think they are there, they go and lose their head.[/quote]

The worst thing is - the Blazers will now have the momentum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
What's done is done. Game 6, they win, they win the series, they lose, then they lose the series. It's that simple now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm
Quote:
Why did RA take Yao out of the game?

That one sub had me scratching my head as well. Yao was VERY active once Oden got in calling for the ball. It's good to rest Yao but Yao is such a flow shooter. if he's gotten a couple of baskets he could have gotten rolling.

If you pull Yao you're basically asking Yao to come back and start over late in Q4 and you're asking Brooks to stop jacking and start looking for Yao... neither has good track record in 4th quarters

Maybe he thought the refs would foul Yao out or he wanted the 2nd unit in there to push a lead before Portland could make a run who knows but that was a questionable sub.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:08 pm
yao will ask for a trade........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 pm
paopao wrote:

i dont think he will ask for a trade.. he will just opt out his 2009-2010....and try to sign with another team..

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:

That one sub had me scratching my head as well. Yao was VERY active once Oden got in calling for the ball. It's good to rest Yao but Yao is such a flow shooter. if he's gotten a couple of baskets he could have gotten rolling.

If you pull Yao you're basically asking Yao to come back and start over late in Q4 and you're asking Brooks to stop jacking and start looking for Yao... neither has good track record in 4th quarters

Maybe he thought the refs would foul Yao out or he wanted the 2nd unit in there to push a lead before Portland could make a run who knows but that was a questionable sub.

The series was there for the Rockets to close it out. I know Yao probably needed a rest but he went the full 12 minutes in game 4 as well. Anyway it's over.

So it's onto game 6. I just hope they'll get it done on Thursday night.

Last edited by Tang Man on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 pm
temuchin wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

lol... I didn't watch tonight's game. I guess I was right. They lost.

I hardly post tonight, in hope they'll finally do it before posting. Instead I just got more disappointment. 68-64 up. The game was there for the taking. Good teams would have close the doors. The Rockets just aren't a good team. For their sake, I hope they will get it done Thursday night.

Houston didn't just stumble ***** backwards into a position to win this game in the 4th. They WORKED for it. It was good basketball that put them in a position to win.

Yao got a couple good looks ( a bit out of his ideal range but decent looks) and he didn't hit. Brooks didn't hit any of his jumpers and only hit that one floater.

When the refs start screwing you and you dont hit your shots you lose. If Houston had hit 2-3 more of their shots and Roy had missed that 3 then the game would have swung the other way.

Overall I'm not disappointed in how the Rockets played. On another night they might have won this game. They put themselves in a position to win. That long defensive sequence during their run was awesome both with great defense/forcing turnovers, defensive rebounding and great movement on offense. The next game or the next they'll flip "heads" on their shots and win.

In any case IMO Stern doesn't want Portland to win he wants Houston to win... he's just going to make them play more games for it. If it comes down to game 7 I think Houston gets 2 more whistles and Portland gets like 4-5 fewer calls in the 2nd half and Houston advances.

So you mean the NBA actually decides how many whistles you get for each game? What if Yao gets too tired to score?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 pm
superjohn wrote:
temuchin wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

I hardly post tonight, in hope they'll finally do it before posting. Instead I just got more disappointment. 68-64 up. The game was there for the taking. Good teams would have close the doors. The Rockets just aren't a good team. For their sake, I hope they will get it done Thursday night.

Houston didn't just stumble ***** backwards into a position to win this game in the 4th. They WORKED for it. It was good basketball that put them in a position to win.

Yao got a couple good looks ( a bit out of his ideal range but decent looks) and he didn't hit. Brooks didn't hit any of his jumpers and only hit that one floater.

When the refs start screwing you and you dont hit your shots you lose. If Houston had hit 2-3 more of their shots and Roy had missed that 3 then the game would have swung the other way.

Overall I'm not disappointed in how the Rockets played. On another night they might have won this game. They put themselves in a position to win. That long defensive sequence during their run was awesome both with great defense/forcing turnovers, defensive rebounding and great movement on offense. The next game or the next they'll flip "heads" on their shots and win.

In any case IMO Stern doesn't want Portland to win he wants Houston to win... he's just going to make them play more games for it. If it comes down to game 7 I think Houston gets 2 more whistles and Portland gets like 4-5 fewer calls in the 2nd half and Houston advances.

So you mean the NBA actually decides how many whistles you get for each game? What if Yao gets too tired to score?

of course... stern doesnt even need to say need... just look at the refs in their eyes.. they will know what to do...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:43 pm
johnl wrote:
superjohn wrote:
temuchin wrote:
Tang Man wrote:
bayern wrote:

of course... stern doesnt even need to say need... just look at the refs in their eyes.. they will know what to do...

u r right!

Offline Profile