<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  4/26/2009 Playoff Round 1 Game 4 Vs Portland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
temuchin wrote:

Game 4 was a win the rockets still didn't have a great game. they blew a lead and let Portland back into the game

the difference is they executed what they wanted to down the stretch... not execution in terms of doing things perfectly (hitting shots... they were about 40% for the game i think) but doing things HOW they wanted... establish Yao, then either swing the ball to the open side or send it in to yao. it's not about hitting every jumper... it's about dictating the tempo and style of play. the rockets are a superior team so even if Yao and the other guys aren't hitting a lot of shots they'll win by virtue of playing their type of game. Houston other than being more talented, deeper and more experienced than Portland has a massive defensive advantage which is almost enough to win the game alone, and the fact that Houston's go-to shots with Yao are simply higher percentage than jumpers by Roy and bailout whistles on the drive

I dont know if Portland wins the next one. they have a punchers chance so they could win any of these games. regardless of the crowd or a perfect game, if the Rockets are able to execute the gameplan they want they'll leave Portland with the series win. I thought it'd go 5 games but they could hit everything in the 4th quarter and take this game. I cannot see this series going 7 either the next game or the following Houston will finish them off

Scola, Artest and Battier are going to go for the kill. I think Yao is going to have a big game. All the pressure in the world is off I think yao comes out and has a huge game. Game 5 after you're up 3-1 and you're on the road there's no expectations if Yao is going to have a break out game I think the next one is it.

Great win. Keep it up rockets

It's always a difficult task to close out a team. Of course, some are more difficult than others. But in general, it's not an easy task. Regardless if the Rockets are better or worse than the Blazers. The bottom line is that they need to do whatever to finish the Blazers off in game 5. I just don't want them to feel like they have this thing wrapped up already. Yao is correct, until they win that 4th game, it's still 0-0. I like the way he approaches the series. The Rockets have lost their series before when they were so close winning the series. So hopefully, they will learn their lessons from the past. Seriously, a little break here and there, the Blazers could have gone up 3-1 in the series. All I am saying is that the Rockets need to take advantage of the good situation and finish the job. I want them to show that killer instinct. Don't give your opponent a chance to breathe, it could haunt you later on if you do. The next game is game 7.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:59 am
Posts: 326Location: bayareasfJoined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:34 pm
whew. it was a nailbiter watching that game. still, i cant get a breath of fresh air because it still came down the wire at home. finish portland off on tuesday.. PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 am
Posts: 4636Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
superjohn wrote:
Another possession Yao turned away just as Artest threw him the ball.

If Yao waited any longer for the ball, he would have been called for a 3-second violation....that's why Yao turned away and left the paint...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
temuchin wrote:
bayern wrote:
I expect a very difficult game on Tuesday. They pretty much have to play a perfect game in order to close the Blazers out in Portland. The biggest key is they don't let the hostile crowd rattle them, especially when they are down. They need to be patient. Two players that worry the fans the most like Artest and Brooks need to use their brain.

Game 4 was a win the rockets still didn't have a great game. they blew a lead and let Portland back into the game

the difference is they executed what they wanted to down the stretch... not execution in terms of doing things perfectly (hitting shots... they were about 40% for the game i think) but doing things HOW they wanted... establish Yao, then either swing the ball to the open side or send it in to yao. it's not about hitting every jumper... it's about dictating the tempo and style of play. the rockets are a superior team so even if Yao and the other guys aren't hitting a lot of shots they'll win by virtue of playing their type of game. Houston other than being more talented, deeper and more experienced than Portland has a massive defensive advantage which is almost enough to win the game alone, and the fact that Houston's go-to shots with Yao are simply higher percentage than jumpers by Roy and bailout whistles on the drive

I dont know if Portland wins the next one. they have a punchers chance so they could win any of these games. regardless of the crowd or a perfect game, if the Rockets are able to execute the gameplan they want they'll leave Portland with the series win. I thought it'd go 5 games but they could hit everything in the 4th quarter and take this game. I cannot see this series going 7 either the next game or the following Houston will finish them off

Scola, Artest and Battier are going to go for the kill. I think Yao is going to have a big game. All the pressure in the world is off I think yao comes out and has a huge game. Game 5 after you're up 3-1 and you're on the road there's no expectations if Yao is going to have a break out game I think the next one is it.

Great win. Keep it up rockets

yes. the blazers have more issues to worry on both ends than the rockets. 4 bad games by yao and artest but rockets still up 3-1 says a lot. blazers will have to pick their poison, yao or the rest of the team. if there's any confusion on blazers' D, rox stand a big chance of winning next game. the pressure is more on them.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:57 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:

yes. the blazers have more issues to worry on both ends than the rockets. 4 bad games by yao and artest but rockets still up 3-1 says a lot. blazers will have to pick their poison, yao or the rest of the team. if there's any confusion on blazers' D, rox stand a big chance of winning next game. the pressure is more on them.

So Game 1 where Big Yao was 100 % 9/9 FG% 6/6 FT% for 24 points and set the tune for the thrashing of the TrailBlazers in Portland was considered a bad game??? :shock:

And for Game 4 where he beat the fronting/double-teaming of the TrailBlazers to score 21 points/12 rebounds was another bad game??

You're a GENIUS !!! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:36 am
i am predicting Game 5 to be a repeat of Game 1.

The blazers are not experienced enough to come from behind in a 3-1 series. beside Roy both Joel and Oden would be mentally drained.

I ecpect a single or easy laxed coverage on Yao. He's gonna go off and scream Kobe here we come!!!

To be honest, AD has been very relaxing during the reg season with his time-outs and drawing plans. In the playoffs, he's a different monster. AD has been calling efficient and good time-outs and making adjustments left and right.

The coach of the year would have been him, if he were like this thru-out the year. We could probably be a 65+ team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
battousai wrote:
i am predicting Game 5 to be a repeat of Game 1.

The blazers are not experienced enough to come from behind in a 3-1 series. beside Roy both Joel and Oden would be mentally drained.

I ecpect a single or easy laxed coverage on Yao. He's gonna go off and scream Kobe here we come!!!

I doubt it. The Blazers won't lay down without a fight, especially back to the wall. Frankly, I also think more calls will favor the home team. Thus, it will be a more difficult game than previous ones. So the Rockets need to fully prepare both mentally and physically. They definitely need to play smart with patience.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
i think rox will lose game 5, it's too easy, nothing is that easy for the rockets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
i think rox will lose game 5, it's too easy, nothing is that easy for the rockets.

I hope you are wrong, but my guts tend to agree with you.

Look at the last 30 seconds of game 4. The game would have been done, if Aaron Brooks did not miss one of the first set of the 2 free throws, and then miss another one of the 2nd set of the 2 free throws; and when Aaron has exhausted his chance, and now it is Lowry's turn, and he missed both free throws, and keep the game open for Portland.

Even the TV narrator said "Why don't you nail the free throws, so we can all go home!?"

They can never make it so easy...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:01 pm
Posts: 314Location: CaliforniaJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm
Lowry missed his second free throw on purpose, and Adelman had Yao run back to interfere with the rebound so Portland could not easily get a shot off right away.

Offline Profile