<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  4/26/2009 Playoff Round 1 Game 4 Vs Portland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
shokenchi wrote:
he just needs to step up.

He certainy does. The Rockets did a much better job at passing him the ball by changing the angle of the entry pass and he did well to catch it. There was one play where he cut from the top of the key to the baseline, receive the ball from Artes, turn over his left shoulder for a hook shot. They need to do things like that more to beat the fronting defense.

Last edited by Tang Man on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

The Rockets have won a game 4 for the 1st time in 6 years. Hopefully that will be the key now to them winning the series.

Not 6 years. They had lost Game 4 in the past 6 playoffs they managed to get in, meaning it could be more than 10 years .....The Rockets did not get into the playoff the year before they drafted Yao Ming, and ever since he joined the Rockets, the Rockets missed the playoff twice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
3 chances to close out the series. Let's see if they can do it. In my view, they should treat it as they only have one chance, which is the next game. I know it won't be easy, but they have to treat the game 5 as game 7.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 pm
paopao wrote:
other guys simply didn't know how to pass the ball to Yao!

they are too slow... way to slow..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:08 pm
bayern wrote:
3 chances to close out the series. Let's see if they can do it. In my view, they should treat it as they only have one chance, which is the next game. I know it won't be easy, but they have to treat the game 5 as game 7.

yeah... play it as they are going to lose again...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:10 pm
Game 5 will be extremely tough to win. However the Rockets are a showing a lot of mental toughness. The game 1 win would have given them a lot of confidence to go there and close out the series.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:11 pm
Posts: 8235Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Tang Man wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
he just needs to step up.

He certainy does. The Rockets did a much better job at passing him the ball by changing the angle of the entry pass and he did well to catch it. There was one play where he cut from the top of the key to the baseline, receive the ball from Artes, turn over his left shoulder for a hook shot. They need to do things like that more to beat the fronting defense.

its rox first time trying to eliminate an opponent so everyone needs to play like its the end. i only wish artest or brooks would play smarter and stop jacking up bad shots or dribble too much.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm
shokenchi wrote:
its rox first time trying to eliminate an opponent so everyone needs to play like its the end. i only wish artest or brooks would play smarter and stop jacking up bad shots or dribble too much.

Artest has play really well in the series. He's playing some tough defense and he has been under control most of the series.

Brooks is the player that is out of control and need to understand how to get Yao the ball.

Wafer is the player that has given the Rockets such a boost of the bench. He has been frustrating at times but you can fault his confidence the lift he provides the Rocket. He made two huge plays to start the 4th quarter, dishing to Yao for a dunk and hit the corner 3. The Rockets MUST keep Wafer IMO. He is only going to grow and get better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:19 pm
I am watching live press conferences at nba.com right now. Roy is I have to give the guy a lot of credit. Well spoken and just a really good player.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live2/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:19 pm
Tang Man wrote:
shokenchi wrote:

Artest has play really well in the series. He's playing some tough defense and he has been under control most of the series.

Brooks is the player that is out of control and need to understand how to get Yao the ball.

Wafer is the player that has given the Rockets such a boost of the bench. He has been frustrating at times but you can fault his confidence the lift he provides the Rocket. He made two huge plays to start the 4th quarter, dishing to Yao for a dunk and hit the corner 3. The Rockets MUST keep Wafer IMO. He is only going to grow and get better.

ron has like 8 assists

Offline Profile