<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  What frustrates you most about Yao Ming's game?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 pm
personally, I don't know why he cannot dominate every game. most teams don't even have a 7 footer that can guard him; I can understand if he has an off night against shaq or big z, but those are the games he plays well in. against faster, smaller teams, he just looks lost. even if he cannot dominate scoring, why can't he be the top rebounder. you know who gets the boards for houston?, SCOLA!
look at the dallas game. 4 points after halftime.. people says its his teammates fault; no... he got ouplayed by the back up center who was only 6'10" ; they couldn't get him the ball because he was being outmuscled by that scrub like the way boozer schools him :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
footdoc K wrote:
personally, I don't know why he cannot dominate every game. most teams don't even have a 7 footer that can guard him; I can understand if he has an off night against shaq or big z, but those are the games he plays well in. against faster, smaller teams, he just looks lost. even if he cannot dominate scoring, why can't he be the top rebounder. you know who gets the boards for houston?, SCOLA!
look at the dallas game. 4 points after halftime.. people says its his teammates fault; no... he got ouplayed by the back up center who was only 6'10" ; they couldn't get him the ball because he was being outmuscled by that scrub like the way boozer schools him :lol:

whenever i see a post like this, i just think "this guy doesn't play basketball."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:45 pm
I may not play organized ball, but if I am 7'4", I should be a dominant rebounder or scorer; otherwise what is his function on the court? to win the jump ball? please he can't even win that

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
footdoc K wrote:

It takes more than just height to grab rebounds, Yao doesn't have the lateral quickness to get to the ball, and he can't jump either. So when a quick player fronting him, it's hard for him to get the ball even if the ball is lobbed to him, especially if there is another defender coming from behind to help. Furthermore, Yao does have butter fingers, so it's hard for his teammates to toss him a bullet pass. Of course, he might be over 300lbs, but he is still somewhat lacking upper body strength, with his high gravity, defenders were able to push him around at times.

Now there is always a flip side to a coin. I think at times Yao had a good position down low, but his teammates reluctant passing him the ball due to their inability of recognition. In addition, I think defenders also got away with a lot of ridiculous fouls with the way they guarded Yao, pushing, grabbing, you name it. Unfortunately, the refs weren't blowing the whistle because they want to punish Yao simply for being bigger than his defenders. Thus, how do you expect him to get the ball that way?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Yao is a 7'6 shooting guard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
nah shooting guards have more athleticism. What's frustrating is when the most intimidating player on the team is your 40yr old backup center.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 am
nig1 wrote:
nah shooting guards have more athleticism. What's frustrating is when the most intimidating player on the team is your 40yr old backup center.

sadly, I couldn't agree with you more :(

Offline Profile