<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  04/15 Game 82: Houston Rockets @ Dallas Mavericks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Yaoisgreat wrote:
johnl wrote:
if they can bring jason kidd... that would be a dream

Nah, even pairing Jason Kidd with Dirk Nowitski is not enough to bring Dallas up. I don't think it will work for the Rockets either.

I just don't know what will work. I like the idea of Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Of course, that is beyond day dreaming.

Jason Kids runs fast breaks. Yao doesn't play that game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 12415Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
GoYao wrote:
ugh I couldn't believe how Rox folded in the 4th qtr... with sooooo much on the line...
not to be argumentative, a case can be made that one expect more BB smart from a 6-yr vet. he is no longer a rookie.
GoYao wrote:
i saw the whole game and i want to say the refs were a-holes down the stretch, giving Yao 4 fouls in the 3rd, with 2 O fouls that's completely BS. That's 2 TO's and greatly restricted Yao's aggressiveness. fkn refs...
a contrarian point of view is that Yao needs to have a little BB smart---particular since he is the leader, rather or not he wants that role.

Last edited by Dr. No on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:31 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
a contrarian point of view is that Yao needs to have a little BB smart---particular since he is the leader, rather he wants it or not.

You're just trying to be argumentative..... :roll:

It has NOTHING to do with BB IQ or smart!!!

Anyone that had watched that game in 3Q would agree that those 2 offensive fouls were COMPLETELY BS CALLS.

There were the slightest body contact....as Yao Ming tried to fling it away from his fronting defender to fight for positions. Big Yao was not even elbowing his defender......and there went the whistle. :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:36 pm
pryuen wrote:
it is too bad that you don't understand.

don't impose your BB ignorance on others. :roll: :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:39 pm
battousai wrote:
....Yao couldn't hold his position really only in the 4th quarter, when he was drained by fighting left and right and no one passes him the ball.
same stamina problem that has plagued him his entire NBA career.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
pryuen wrote:

Anyone that had watched that game in 3Q would agree that those 2 offensive fouls were COMPLETELY BS CALLS.

There were the slightest body contact....as Yao Ming tried to fling it away from his fronting defender to fight for positions. Big Yao was not even elbowing his defender......and there went the whistle. :twisted:

Yao just can't guard the way his defenders were guarding him. That sure is a double standard to me. Punishing someone for being big basically.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
it is too bad that you don't understand.

don't impose your BB ignorance on others. :roll: :evil:

Yeah....Dr.-Knows-It-All, it will be BB smart that Big Yao just stood there doing NOTHING and just let his defender fronted him, cos whatever he did, once he tried to move around fighting for his position, with the slightest body contact, the whistle would come. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:13 pm
bayern wrote:
pryuen wrote:

Yao just can't guard the way his defenders were guarding him. That sure is a double standard to me. Punishing someone for being big basically.
neither did Shaq, Chamberlain nor Jabbar and other BIGs were officiated fairly.

the ignorance of the freaking In-N- Out Burgers parrot has been he makes sound like Yao is the only one.

in the history of the NBA, nobody gets more unfair calls / non-calls than Shaq, despite that, but he somehow managed to stay in enough games to help his teams to win rings.

why can't Yao ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm
pryuen wrote:
Yeah....Dr.-Knows-It-All, it will be BB smart that Big Yao just stood there doing NOTHING

and just let his defender fronted him, cos whatever he did, once he tried to move around fighting for his position, with the slightest body contact, the whistle would come.
RU that stupid :?:

think, if u can; if you can't, so be it. :roll: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Dr. No wrote:

in the history of the NBA, nobody gets more unfair calls / non-calls than Shaq, despite that, but he somehow managed to stay in enough games to help his teams to win rings.

why can't Yao ?

That has got to be the biggest misconception in the history of the NBA. Shaq was allowed to lower his shoulders, bulldoze his defender out of the way and dunk. Later on in his career he got away with it less but to say that he was unfairly ref is just total and uttert BS. However I do agree with you about the 'non calls' though. A lot of calls WERE MISSED on Shaq, OFFENSIVE fouls that is. Shaq has committed more offensive than any player that i've ever seen without getting call for it.

I still remember how he lower his shoulder into Hakeem's chest during game 1 of the 1995 finals that nearly gave Hakeem whiplash. Yet even a league MVP, NBA champion and future HOFer like Hakeem couldn't get a charge call against Shaq. What chance did you think the rest of the league stood.

Last edited by Tang Man on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile