<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  04/15 Game 82: Houston Rockets @ Dallas Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Tang Man wrote:

The other was Rafer Alston. That's why as annoyingly bad as Alston can be, he was probably the best rocket at getting Yao the ball. More than that Alston actually KNEW when it's time to get Yao the ball. That would be after a few scoreless possessions. Brooks on the other hand thinks it's time for him to be the hero when the other team gets on a role, which usually just compounds the problem. So anybody know the schedule yet?

Isn't it ironic? the one who gave Yao the ball couldn't shoot, the one who can shoot doesn't give Yao the ball. Go figure... :lol: It's like replacing a problem with a problem.

Last edited by bayern on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 59324Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

The fighting Rockets in action.......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm
"The big fella was rolling and we sort of got away from him, which is probably the dumbest thing we can do, especially when the big fella gets it rolling,'' Rockets forward Shane Battier said. "We started to look elsewhere and started to take long, contested jumpers, which fed into their game plan of getting out and running. They had a couple of 3s and got back in the game. After that, it was tough to slow them down.''

Yao finished with 24 points, with 19 coming in the second quarter. He didn't score in the final 21 minutes, 25 seconds. His stats the rest of the way: two missed shots, four personal fouls.

"We had a ball-movement problem and I didn't hold my post well,'' Yao said. "It's my problem.''

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
look at the bright side, THEY WON'T BE PLAYING DA UTAH JAZZ!!!! yao ming's counting his lucky stars he won't have to face boozer for the 3rd yr in a row. He won't have to defend Okur away from the basket and prevent Boozer from dominating inside. Joel and Greg aren't offensive forces. Yao won't have to exert as much energy guarding those 2. I'm glad the Rockets had trouble with fronting tonight, which means that will be the #1 thing on their mind once they open the playoffs. The Rockets match up well with the Blazers. Experience will factor in. I'm calling the Rockets in 6.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 pm
johnl wrote:
"The big fella was rolling and we sort of got away from him, which is probably the dumbest thing we can do, especially when the big fella gets it rolling,'' Rockets forward Shane Battier said. "We started to look elsewhere and started to take long, contested jumpers, which fed into their game plan of getting out and running. They had a couple of 3s and got back in the game. After that, it was tough to slow them down.''

Yao finished with 24 points, with 19 coming in the second quarter. He didn't score in the final 21 minutes, 25 seconds. His stats the rest of the way: two missed shots, four personal fouls.

"We had a ball-movement problem and I didn't hold my post well,'' Yao said. "It's my problem.''.......

What's funny is this will continue be the problem. They aren't going to solve that problem.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:

Isn't it ironic? the one who gave Yao the ball couldn't shoot, the one who can shoot doesn't give Yao the ball. Go figure... :lol: It's like replacing a problem with a problem.

Crazy but that's the way it is. At least with the Blazers, Brooks has a fighter's chance not to get dominated.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 pm
bayern wrote:
johnl wrote:

"We had a ball-movement problem and I didn't hold my post well,'' Yao said. "It's my problem.''.......

What's funny is this will continue be the problem. They aren't going to solve that problem.

man.. yao is blaming himself..
i mean after he pick for ab...
yao was open for like couple sec and ab still didnt pass yao the ball

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:06 pm
nig1 wrote:
look at the bright side, THEY WON'T BE PLAYING DA UTAH JAZZ!!!! yao ming's counting his lucky stars he won't have to face boozer for the 3rd yr in a row. He won't have to defend Okur away from the basket and prevent Boozer from dominating inside. Joel and Greg aren't offensive forces. Yao won't have to exert as much energy guarding those 2. I'm glad the Rockets had trouble with fronting tonight, which means that will be the #1 thing on their mind once they open the playoffs. The Rockets match up well with the Blazers. Experience will factor in. I'm calling the Rockets in 6.

I actually agree with you for once. Rockets in 6 for me too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:06 pm
nig1 wrote:

The real problem isn't the Jazz, the real problem is the Rockets themselves. They are their biggest enemy. That's why it's not about who they play in the playoffs, the result might end up the same if they don't do the right thing. If I remember correctly, the Rockets also got eliminated by the Mavs in seven games before the Jazz.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 pm
johnl wrote:

man.. yao is blaming himself..
i mean after he pick for ab...
yao was open for like couple sec and ab still didnt pass yao the ball

Are you new to following Yao Ming? That's the way he is. Always the nice guy. Always taking blame for everything. Well that's nice. How about just go out and deliver us a series win!!!!!!!

Offline Profile