<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  04/15 Game 82: Houston Rockets @ Dallas Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
shokenchi wrote:
i thouht division leaders have tie breaker over non division team in case of tie break?

If the two teams tie as far as records are concerned, then they go to head to head record. It has nothing to do with which team wins the division or not.

Last edited by bayern on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm
bayern wrote:
If the team gets eliminated in the first round, then I seriously think they need to change the coach, and Yao also needs to think hard about himself as a player. I mean who else does he need on the team in order for him to defer his responsibility to. Lebron? Wade?....

he needs to retire. The way he just lets people push him around is sad. I know the Refs were bad, but at some point he needs to get mad and elbow someone when they are grabbling him and the refs aren't calling anything. Instead he just acts like a pu$$y and walks off the court as a loser. What a bum. He has no heart.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
bayern wrote:
If the team gets eliminated in the first round, then I seriously think they need to change the coach, and Yao also needs to think hard about himself as a player. I mean who else does he need on the team in order for him to defer his responsibility to. Lebron? Wade?....

Yao's unwillingness to stand up and lead is what stands in the way of him becoming a great player. This game just demonstrates good and bad qualities in him. He basically dominated the 2nd quarter and look well on the way to doing the same in the 3rd. Then he just allow his teammates go away from him and his team loses a big lead and ultimately the game. Heck at least he hadn't upset any of his teammates right? :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:05 pm
yaozaroni wrote:

he needs to retire. The way he just lets people push him around is sad. I know the Refs were bad, but at some point he needs to get mad and elbow someone when they are grabbling him and the refs aren't calling anything. Instead he just acts like a pu$$y and walks off the court as a loser. What a bum. He has no heart.

As far as I am concerned, he has retired already in my book.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:05 pm
Tang Man wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
i thought they playing portland instead?

Not if Portland beats the Nuggets. They own the tie breaker over the Spurs and will jump up to 3rd. That leaves the Spurs 4th and the Rockets 5th. This is a very likely scenario since the Nuggets are now lock for the 2nd seed with the Rockets losing and will rest their players while the Blazers are playing at home with more on the line to play for. ie HCA.

Portland has H2H tie breaker. But the Spurs are division winner, so they are #3 ahead of Blazers.

The Rockets will play blazers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm
Tang Man wrote:

Yao's unwillingness to stand up and lead is what stands in the way of him becoming a great player. This game just demonstrates good and bad qualities in him. He basically dominated the 2nd quarter and look well on the way to doing the same in the 3rd. Then he just allow his teammates go away from him and his team loses a big lead and ultimately the game. Heck at least he hadn't upset any of his teammates right? :lol: :lol:

because he doesn't want to use all the water in the bottle, he wants to save half of it. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
YY2008 wrote:

Portland has H2H tie breaker. But the Spurs are division winner, so they are #3 ahead of Blazers.

Nope divisional winner means they'll finish in the top 4 but are not guarantee of 3rd spot. A Blazers win and the Rockets open on the road in SA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
bayern wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
i thouht division leaders have tie breaker over non division team in case of tie break?

If the two teams tie as far as records are concerned, then they go to head to head record. It has nothing to do with which team wins the division or not.

spurs clinched 3rd so we are facing portland from realgm board.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Yao will become a scoring machine in the playoffs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Tang Man wrote:
YY2008 wrote:

Nope divisional winner means they'll finish in the top 4 but are not guarantee of 3rd spot. A Blazers win and the Rockets open on the road in SA.

its new rule this season i think so rox playing blazers with hc on the line for portland.

Offline Profile