<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  03/20 Game 71: Houston Rockets vs Minnesota Timberwolves

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:33 am
User avatarPosts: 59025Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Game # 71.....a visiting Minnesota Timberwolves that will be playing without Al Jefferson.

This will be the 4th time both teams meet this current season, with the Rockets winning every single one of their past 3 encounters. In fact, the Rockets still maintain a winning streak of 7 over the Timberwolves.

Since the season-ending injury of Al Jefferson, the Timberwolves has only won 3 of their 15 games, and they had lost 21 of their last 25 games even when Al Jeffereson was playing.

So as the game differences and ranking of the top 8 of the Western Conference is still very tight, the margin for error for the Rockets is still very small if they wish to maintain the top 4 ranking in the Western Conference to obtain home court advantage in the playoff.

The key to win is probably on whether the guards can organize team offense, and whether Luis Scola or Chuck Hayes could subdue the in-form Kevin Love in defense, as well as whether Big Yao, as he promised, will start demanding for ball down in the low post regardless whether the Timberwolves will front or double-team him.

Of course, the Rockets is still required to play tenacious defense, and don't take their opponents too lightly; if they play with energy, intensity and urgency, there should be no question that they will complete a clean sweep of the Timberwolves in this season.

GO GO ROCKETS !!! GO GO BIG YAO !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 am
Hope we will hear Yao yelling - "Give me the damn ball!". :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 am
User avatarPosts: 15490Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
I hope they make BS calls this game. Like they do sometimes to keep the game close.

I notice sometimes, especially when Yao is playing away. They call quick fouls for both centers. Both centers have to sit, but the other team will get an advantage and keep the game close.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
slee wrote:

You won't. You might hear " Set the f--king screen!" instead. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:24 pm
bayern wrote:
slee wrote:

Joking aside, I hope we will get another "W" in the win column which should not be very difficult.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm
since yao ming is not like that... RA should tell the players to pass yao the ****** ball..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:47 pm
slee wrote:
bayern wrote:
slee wrote:

Joking aside, I hope we will get another "W" in the win column which should not be very difficult.

They simply have to, no excuses. I see double team coming at Yao from the start to end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:35 pm
any links tonite? thanks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm
PokerDaddy wrote:
any links tonite? thanks.

http://premium.nba.com/pr/leaguepass/ap ... illing.lpb^yMhh0MVVG9rNQhui&retryCount=1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:43 pm
"Sit down Yao," says Jason Collins with a block.

Offline Profile