<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming & 2009 NBA All Stars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Could STAT and Yao be talking about possibly being teammates? I saw this on clutch.

[quote]In fact, this past Tuesday, a source close to the Suns forward told us that Amar

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 pm
Sun Yue knows how to get on the pictures by standing next to David Stern. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:11 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
[quote="Tang Man"]Image

Could STAT and Yao be talking about possibly being teammates? I saw this on clutch.

[quote]In fact, this past Tuesday, a source close to the Suns forward told us that Amar

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:22 pm
wudude wrote:

Amare would be a bad fit in Houston. If he can't play with Shaq, what makes you think he could play with Yao? Guys like Shaq and Yao take up a lot of space in the paint, and a player of Amare's caliber needs a lot of room to operate.

Nope, I disagree. My main beef with Amare isn't on the offensive end. It's on the defensive end. The Rockets defense has gone south since JVG left, so bringing Amare in is unlikely to help that aspect. That's my concern.

On offense I actually think that he will compliment Yao's game VERY WELL. Amare isn't a post up player. The Suns are trying to make him one this season with little success. He doesn't need to post up with Yao occupying the post. Amare is great off the pick and roll, which he can run with T-Mac. It will also save Yao from having to come out and set those useless high screens. This will allow Yao to be anchor to the low post. Amare is also a great 18-20 jump shooter. Imagine him getting the looks that Scola and Landry gets. It will be murder.

He was actually averaging 28 ppg with Shaq last season. So saying that he doesn't work with Shaq is a stretch. He is a GREAT fit for the rockets on offense. It's his defense and rebounding that I worry about. Then again Scola and Landry's defense hasn't been that great either. If I were the Rockets and the chance is there to do this trade, I'll do it in a heart beat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 pm
Nate Robinson has mad hops. More hops than Dwight Howard. Howard can dunk on a 11ft court? So what? Howard is 7ft and he dunked on a 12ft court?

Thats like Nate Robinson who's is 5'9 dunking on a 10ft court.

Nate can almost jump over Howard, Let's see Dwight jump over Shaq.

Nate won that event. He got the crowd going. I also felt that the Judges were racist to the Spanish dunker. He did pretty good and didn't deserve those low scores. And Pao Gasol can't pass.

Nate vertical: 43.5 inches
Howard: 40 inches
Yao Ming: 3 1/2 inches

Last edited by bamboodragon on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 12405Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Tang Man wrote:
....If I were the Rockets and the chance is there to do this trade, I'll do it (trading for Amare) in a heart beat.
im in agreement w your assessment of Amare fitting in as a teammate to Yao.

but, not so for Yao's BIGGEST fan, who abolutely hates Amare, whom PRY thinks had stolen the ROY award from Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:16 pm
Posts: 4509Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
superjohn wrote:
Who else in the NBA is sponsored by Chinese companies?

Shane Battier, Ron Artest, and Jason Kidd all have deals with Peak. Shaq, Baron Davis, Damon Jones and Chuck Hayes are signed with Li-Ning. Bonzi Wells was signed with Anta, although maybe his falling out with the CBA might have affected that...Steve Francis is also signed with Anta...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm
Dr. No wrote:

but, not so for Yao's BIGGEST fan, who abolutely hates Amare, whom PRY thinks had stolen the ROY award from Yao.

The trade could well be dead now that the Suns have officially FIRED Terry Porter.

Quote:
The Suns have decided to replace coach Terry Porter with assistant Alvin Gentry, a league source said

Unless of course they the Suns owner is still looking to save money.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 59171Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:

Well, I'm NOT the ONLY ONE to think Amare Stoudemire won't fit. Go and check the poll on clutchfans site. 60% of fans who polled think Amare Stoudemire won't fit with the team, particularly in defense.

Imagine with 2 egocentric Amare Stoudemire and Tracy McGrady on court, who play no team basketball and poor defense, Rockets will have to play 3 versus 5 basketball everytime on defense. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:22 pm
pryuen wrote:
Well, I'm NOT the ONLY ONE to think Amare Stoudemire won't fit. Go and check the poll on clutchfans site. 60% of fans who polled think Amare Stoudemire won't fit with the team, particularly in defense.

Imagine with 2 egocentric Amare Stoudemire and Tracy McGrady on court, who play no team basketball and poor defense, Rockets will have to play 3 versus 5 basketball everytime on defense. :roll:

Bad example to use clutch. There's a lot of Yao ONLY fans there too, who obviously doesn't like Amare for the same reason as you.

Like I've said, defense and rebounding are my main concern when it comes to Amare. However it's not like Scola and Landry have been lockdown defenders for the Rockets either.

One factor not to be overlooked about Amare is that he is an excellent FT shooter and gets a LOT of superstar calls. That's what you need to close out games.

Offline Profile