<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  02/11 Game 53: Houston Rockets vs Sacramento Kings

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

I really don't know what will happen if the Houston Rockets will lose again tonight.

Sacramento Kings, already assured of a losing season and lottery for next season, even if they win the rest of the season, comes in town. They are currently the genuine bottom dweller of the entire NBA....11W 42L.

But you'll never know the outcome when teams play the unpredictable and inconsistent Houston Rockets. There are only six last-place teams in the NBA and the Rockets already have already lost to five of them, with the Grizzlies, Clippers, Wizards, Pacers and Raptors combining to hit the Rockets for seven losses.

So don't be surprised if Kevin Martin keeps blowing past Tracy McGrady tonight, and drawing fouls from Big Yao who got repeatedly exposed as the last frontier on defense......and the Rockets drops another one before the 2009 NBA All Stars Week-end.

Yet it will be disastrous if the Rockets cannot beat a tiring Sacramento kings who is on its back-to-back after losing to Dallas Mavericks last night, and a team that had very very weak defense, having set a NBA record for this season, losing 100-plus points in 15 consecutive games.

GO GO ROCKETS !!! GO GO BIG YAO !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Location: HoustonJoined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
Rockets will blow out the Kings by 30pts. Yao will have a monster game and say something like "I feel I know what I must do. I need to get deep in the paint, or move to get open, and shoot the ball to be effective." Then in the next game, Rockets get blown out, Yao scores single digits and turns the ball over 5+ times, and says "I forgot how to play basketball. I should be fired."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 59166Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
1Q ended. 25 vs 22, Sacramento Kings led by 3 points.

Basically, the Rockets offense is more fluid, with more passing and ball/body movement. The only thing was that the perimeter/3-pointer shooting was off..... A very poor 1/5 (20%) 3-pointer%.

In defense, the Rockets was still steps off in putting in stops on the penetrating Kings, and let them shoot > 50% FG%.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
I think it's good that T Mac isn't playing. He doesn't play D and he settles for stupid jumpers. It doesn't do them any good by playing him when he isn't healthy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 pm
bayern wrote:
I think it's good that T Mac isn't playing. He doesn't play D and he settles for stupid jumpers. It doesn't do them any good by playing him when he isn't healthy.

Same goes for yao. doesn't play d, settles for jumpers and jump hook, fouls for no reason, and can't dunk.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:35 pm
1:26 HOU - R. Artest makes a 25-foot three-pointer from the left wing. Assist: L. Scola
2:13 HOU - R. Artest makes a 24-foot three-pointer from the right wing. Assist: L. Scola

Crispy passing and alot of body/ball movement resulted in complete open look for Ron Artest's 3-pointers.

39 vs 35, Houston Rockets finally got the lead.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:43 pm
bamboodragon wrote:

Same goes for yao. doesn't play d, settles for jumpers and jump hook, fouls for no reason, and can't dunk.

WHY you're still here???? Yao Hater??? :twisted:

You've got to be BLIND to accuse Big Yao of all these. He played no defense??? He fouled for no reasons?? He was always the last frontier on defense for his team when his team mates got blew by the penetrating guards/forwards of the opponents. He had to play defense and thereby got all kind of fouls on him.

And you said he can't dunk?? Why must he dunk if he can score from layups, putbacks, hook shots, jumpers, fadeaways at > 53% FG% .....It is 2-points after all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 pm
9:24 HOU - Y. Ming makes a 7-foot hook shot in the lane. Assist: R. Alston

50 vs 39.......11 points lead by the Rockets.

And both Yao Ming and Luis Scola got double-doubles already.

Both got 13 points/10 rebounds.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm
You're awfully biased towards your comments on Yao. I mean, even the commentators are saying that all Yao has to do is put his hands up to block the ball, instead, Yao goes for a block and gives off stupid fouls.

And yes, Yao doesn't defend, he's been dunked on more than a donut in cofee.

Why am I here? It's pretty obvious. But I have to agree with you, Yao doesn't give us any more reason to stay on this site.

pryuen wrote:
bamboodragon wrote:

WHY you're still here???? Yao Hater??? :twisted:

You've got to be BLIND to accuse Big Yao of all these. He played no defense??? He fouled for no reasons?? He was always the last frontier on defense for his team when his team mates got blew by the penetrating guards/forwards of the opponents. He had to play defense and thereby got all kind of fouls on him.

And you said he can't dunk?? Why must he dunk if he can score from layups, putbacks, hook shots, jumpers, fadeaways at > 53% FG% .....It is 2-points after all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm
Why must he dunk? lol. Well, if he can't dunk, than whats the point. I agree.

Offline Profile