Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: We'll Keep Learning And Go Home By April

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Here is from Sohu.com reporting an interview in English by the Western Media......probably by either Jonathen Feigen or Fran Blinebury of Houston Chronicle or Jason Friedman from Rockets.com right after the loss to Philadelphia 76ers.

Looks like Yao Ming was really mad and frustrated right after the loss about himself and the team.


[quote][size=109]

http://sports.sohu.com/20090129/n261971708.shtml

http://sports.sohu.com/20090129/n261971850.shtml

Reporter: In what aspects this game went wrong?

Yao Ming:
Everything (went wrong). It was just not right.

Reporter: What happened in the 4th quarter?

Yao Ming:
The same problems like what happened in that game we lost to the 76ers on their home court: we could not score; we did not run back to play defense; we let them score easy fast breaks points. Those points can really hurt you fast.

Reporter: It seemed you had difficulty finding your rhythm throughout this game. Do you think you should touch the ball more, such that you can spearhead in offense to help the team extending the lead more?

Yao Ming: I don't know. I don't know how to play basketball right now.


Reporter: Yao, why did you say that?

Yao Ming: I don't know how to play basketball now.

Reporter: What made you say so?

Yao Ming: I just forgot what is my game; I just forgot the way I used to play.


[b]Reporter: Can these problems be fixed?

Yao Ming: We've fixed those problems already in a few games, but now we are back to square one. After the game, our Head Coach said: "We must learn from this game." Why do we keep learning this game? Learning from these games means we lost again, and this always happened, again and again. This happened 2 months ago; this happened 1 month ago. And now it is the end of January, and we are still learning. When is the end?


Last edited by pryuen on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:16 am
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
yao is too emotional and could easily lose control. he's not a leader.


Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Quote:
Yao Ming: Of course we can. But when I say "Possible", it only means 50 ~ 50 chance. But which 50% you want to have? Which 50% we want to have? Which 50% I want to have?


he's right this is the story of this team

every year it's down to a 50/50 shot.

even considering the injuries and everything this team is pissing me off... and it doesn't seem like it's a cohesive unit or has a clear leader


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:59 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
temuchin wrote:
Quote:
Yao Ming: Of course we can. But when I say "Possible", it only means 50 ~ 50 chance. But which 50% you want to have? Which 50% we want to have? Which 50% I want to have?


he's right this is the story of this team

every year it's down to a 50/50 shot.

even considering the injuries and everything this team is pissing me off... and it doesn't seem like it's a cohesive unit or has a clear leader


People have been saying that for years. Don't think it's gonna changed now.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:19 am
Posts: 1543Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:36 pm
I am tired of hearing Yao or any Rockets saying the same old sh!t again and again.

The Rockets are failure by nature. The Rockets just dont have "IT" in their mentalities.

Lead by 2 soft-assed players. One is known as "I am tired" or "Big Clumsy" or "I dont shoot". The other one is known as "McLady" or "Maybe I play".

God bless them! And frankly my dear, I dont give a bleep anymore.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
Tang Man wrote:
temuchin wrote:
Quote:
Yao Ming: Of course we can. But when I say "Possible", it only means 50 ~ 50 chance. But which 50% you want to have? Which 50% we want to have? Which 50% I want to have?


he's right this is the story of this team

every year it's down to a 50/50 shot.

even considering the injuries and everything this team is pissing me off... and it doesn't seem like it's a cohesive unit or has a clear leader


People have been saying that for years. Don't think it's gonna changed now.


you can argue it's not served the team well but in the past Tmac at least THOUGHT of himself as the leader of the team. everyone on the team believed they needed him in order to win games and tmac always took the shot whenever possible at the end.

this season the wheels have come off. tmac really doesn't look like he thinks he's the leader and doesn't even really want to play or have confidence in his game.

yao hasn't made the transition over and even dudes like battier and deke who have been pillars in the past supporting the chief dont seem fully engaged.

plus now they dont have JVG to ***** at them.

the entire team is pissing me off. all that talent and they're pissing it away


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
YY2008 wrote:
I am tired of hearing Yao or any Rockets saying the same old sh!t again and again.

The Rockets are failure by nature. The Rockets just dont have "IT" in their mentalities.

Lead by 2 soft-assed players. One is known as "I am tired" or "Big Clumsy" or "I dont shoot". The other one is known as "McLady" or "Maybe I play".

God bless them! And frankly my dear, I dont give a bleep anymore.


Can't argue with that. If Yao is really sick of this, then he should start learning everything within first. Lead by example. After all, action speaks louder than words. Unfortunately, that's not the case. If he hasn't learned it by now after 7 years, then I doubt he will learn it at all.


Last edited by bayern on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1057Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 pm
damn, I wish Yao would ask for the ball more. Be more of a ballhog. If thats what it takes, then do it. If he really wanted to. Theres hardly a chance that anyone in the NBA could stop him from scoring 25 points every game


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
Yao has forgotten how to keep the ball above his waist...or maybe he hasn't learned how to protect the ball after 7 yrs in the league. 5 turnovers, again. Watching him play, he has regressed like Tmac to the point I have no expectations of them in the playoffs.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
5 TOs are like his favorite dish, he gotta have it in a game. I am used to it by now. I am sure he is too.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 2
11 posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron