Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Will TMac/Ron Ron Mess Up Team Chemistry Upon Their Return?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Well, playing without Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest, we have witnessed the transformation and gelling of the Houston Rockets to a better team, winning 6 out of their 7 games. The only game they lost was just the one they were "Kobed" 27 seconds towards the end to currently the undeniably best team in Western Conference, LA Lakers.

Personally feel
both Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest , even if they were healthly and not plagued by their injury and playing through pain, were struggling to fit into Rick Adelman's systems. They were the ball stoppers, and played too much one-on-one, leaving the remaining Rockets standing and watching them hoisting up their bricks.

Now that they are on the verge of returning from their rehabilitation,
how many of you guys think they will get with the program/system, forego their egocentric ways of playing ISO basketball, join everyone else in playing beautiful team basketball, and not ruining the team cohesion and chemistry that were built during their absence???


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:10 am
Posts: 1057Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 pm
Artest carried the team along with Yao during the 4th quarter multiple times and plays great physical D. I dont really think he will affect the team play that much. I do believe he is trying hard to fit into the system. T-mac, to be honest - i feel can often be a ballstopper. He is either that or a superstar depending on the night so it;ll be interesting to see how the Rox play with T-mac back.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
cpa314 wrote:
Artest carried the team along with Yao during the 4th quarter multiple times and plays great physical D. I dont really think he will affect the team play that much. I do believe he is trying hard to fit into the system. T-mac, to be honest - i feel can often be a ballstopper. He is either that or a superstar depending on the night so it;ll be interesting to see how the Rox play with T-mac back.


Well, personally don't think Ron Artest will be too big a problem , even though alot of time, he played not according to game plan/set plays, and not with the flow of the systems, and like to play too many one-on-one. But I like his never-say-die spirit, intensity, energy and toughness.

I also think TMAC will be the biggest issue.

Even Rafer Alston said it loud in public:
whenever TMAC plays in the team, he always likes to have the ball, and very often Rafter Alston is then out of rhythm as he does not have the ball with him.

For Christ's sake, Rafer Alston is our point guard......and not Tracy McGrady. :roll:

We don't need a US$20M shooting guard who need to shoot in volume but only scores in sub 40% FG% and to provide 5 to 6 assists. Let the point guard do his job, and the shooting guard concentrates in defense, penetration and scoring, like what Von Wafer is doing right now.


[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 24062.html

[size=109][i][b]


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:56 am
Posts: 1646Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:33 pm
I agree with the above posters. Artest makes up for his erratic offense by his intense defensive play. T-Mac is the concern. He doesn't play D. He hogs the ball, he doesn't pass, he can't shoot anymore. I'd ship McGrady's butt out ASAP.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 am
Posts: 93Location: AUSJoined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 pm
pryuen wrote:
cpa314 wrote:
Artest carried the team along with Yao during the 4th quarter multiple times and plays great physical D. I dont really think he will affect the team play that much. I do believe he is trying hard to fit into the system. T-mac, to be honest - i feel can often be a ballstopper. He is either that or a superstar depending on the night so it;ll be interesting to see how the Rox play with T-mac back.


Well, personally don't think Ron Artest will be too big a problem , even though alot of time, he played not according to game plan/set plays, and not with the flow of the systems, and like to play too many one-on-one. But I like his never-say-die spirit, intensity, energy and toughness.

I also think TMAC will be the biggest issue.

Even Rafer Alston said it loud in public:
whenever TMAC plays in the team, he always likes to have the ball, and very often Rafter Alston is then out of rhythm as he does not have the ball with him.

For Christ's sake, Rafer Alston is our point guard......and not Tracy McGrady. :roll:

We don't need a US$20M shooting guard who need to shoot in volume but only scores in sub 40% FG% and to provide 5 to 6 assists. Let the point guard do his job, and the shooting guard concentrates in defense, penetration and scoring, like what Von Wafer is doing right now.


[quote]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 24062.html

[size=109][i][b]


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 am
Posts: 4114Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 am
This will be a testiment for alderman after Tmac and Ron comes back from injuries. Will alderman dare to make any roster change in terms of rotations?

Personally I think Tmac is better off leading our second unit and be coming off the bench.

first unit
Alston
Wafer,
Artest
Scola, and Yao

second unit
Brooks,
Tmac,
Battier,
Landry, and
Hayes

does alderman got the balls?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 am
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
When T-Mac is healthy, T-Mac > everybody else though.


Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 am
Posts: 93Location: AUSJoined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:38 pm
pryuen wrote:
Well, playing without Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest, we have witnessed the transformation and gelling of the Houston Rockets to a better team, winning 6 out of their 7 games. The only game they lost was just the one they were "Kobed" 27 seconds towards the end to currently the undeniably best team in Western Conference, LA Lakers.

Personally feel
both Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest , even if they were healthly and not plagued by their injury and playing through pain, were struggling to fit into Rick Adelman's systems. They were the ball stoppers, and played too much one-on-one, leaving the remaining Rockets standing and watching them hoisting up their bricks.

Now that they are on the verge of returning from their rehabilitation,
how many of you guys think they will get with the program/system, forego their egocentric ways of playing ISO basketball, join everyone else in playing beautiful team basketball, and not ruining the team cohesion and chemistry that were built during their absence???


All depends on his health, if he's healthy again then there won't be a problem.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
Whether people like it or not, the rockets still need T-Mac. The guy still has the talent to make plays for the Rockets down the stretch. However with Artest in the team who also has the same kind of abilities at the end of games, T-Mac won't be missed as much as in the past. My concern is not so much about T-Mac and Artest. It's more about what the rest of the team do, especially Yao. Yao automatically defers to T-Mac every time T-Mac is on the floor. How many times do you see Yao coming out and setting ridiculous high screens for T-Mac. That has to stop. Yao has to stop doing that. The key is to run the same offense through Yao and have T-Mac and Artest integrate into the system. The Rockets just need Yao to stop coming out to set high pick and roll for T-Mac. In short Yao CAN NOT afford to defer to T-Mac any longer for the Rockets to go forward.

The team is actually coming together nicely. However now is the time to get a lot of W on board to put themselves firmly in the top 4 in the WCF. Here is their next 11 games.

at Indiana
at Detroit
at New York
v Philadelphia
v Golden State
v Chicago
at Memphis
v Minnesota
at Milwaukee
v Sacramento
v New Jersey

They are only playing 1 team above 0.500, the Pistons. So these are all winnable games. Although as we we've seen through the years, there's no such a thing as a certain win for the Rockets. Still if they are good enough, the opportunity is there for them to move up the standings.


Last edited by Tang Man on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
You have to wonder why Pry never asked this question when the Rockets went 22-10 without Yao in 07 or won 10 games without him last season. Personally, I think it's a legitimate concern. I guess since Pry has the basketball knowledge of a 2 year old it's understandable that he'd forget to ask if Yao could harm team chemistry.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 2
17 posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum