<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:

Clearly talking to a delusional person here. Let me ask you how many teams in the NBA have come back to win a series from 3-0 down moron? How many teams have gone on to win a series after taking game 1? If you don't believe a win in game 1 is better than a win in game 4 when 3-0 down, then you have got serious problems bro. You have clearly been OWNED and it's only in your delusional world that you continue to carry on as if you have won the argument. The more you write the more embarrassing it is for you. The person who claims to be never wrong. LMFAO! Just be a man and admit you were WRONG.

Ummmm, did anyone actually think the 76ers had a chance in that series even after they won the first game??? A win is a win. You asked me if anyone has ever averaged 35ppg and lost a series not expecting an answer, and now that you realize it happened you have to disqualify the examples. No matter what, it's still a 5 game series. You just hate to admit that Amare couldn't be stopped by arguably the best defensive big man of this decade and had an awesome series. It's kind of pathetic that you refuse to acknowledge that with some of the most vague, illogical reasoning I've ever seen.

Tang Man wrote:
Mavs beat the Spurs and made the finals. Suns with non factor Amare wasn't even competitive. Your counter arguement brio.

So let me get this straight, you're argument is that since the Spurs beat the Suns in 05, the Mavs beat the Spurs in 06, and the Mavs beat the Suns in 06 meaning Suns<Spurs<Mavs??? Is that the line of thinking you're using??? Because if so it's one of the stupidest things I've ever had to read. It's very simple, the Suns in 05 beat the Mavs with Amare, the Suns in 06 lost to the Mavs without Amare. The Spurs shouldn't even figure into this because it's an entirely different set of matchups. This kind of argument would be laughed at by any basketball fan. Using this kind of stupidity I could say that since the 95 Supersonics lost to the 95 Lakers who lost to the 95 Spurs who lost to the 95 Rockets then the 96 Rockets should have beaten the 96 Sonics. It's called matchups. LMAO!!!!! I still can't believe you actually tried to pass this off as an argument.

Tang Man wrote:
Handed? Only in your delusional world bro. So you're saying Jordan's 30-52 Bulls team taking on a 67-15 Celtics team is the same as the Suns 62-20 taking a 59-23 Spurs team? You're clearly a joke. There is NOTHING left for me to say about such a dumb a$$ basketball fan.

Let's conveniently ignore that the 1986 Bulls were without Michael Jordan for 64 games. Let's also ignore the 05 Spurs leading scorer, rebounder, and shotblocker missed 16 games. The entire Suns' starting lineup missed 14 games total that season. Even with this larger handicap as well as playing at a slower pace the Spurs had a larger average margin of victory than the Suns that year. Only a moron would actually attempt to argue that the Suns were truly a better team in the regular season. LMAO....so yeah I'd say you got handled in that post and this post.

Tang Man wrote:
I don't know what cross screen is just as much as you probably don't know what a dribble is. :oops: Malone was so OPEN that he had to take a dribble to balance himself for the shot.

I know what a dribble is. Even Pry probably knows what a dribble is. You don't know what a cross screen is. Malone got a bit of a push as he recieved the pass took a dribble and took the shot. It didn't even qualify as a post move which is what a turnaround is. How often do you see guys receive that ball in the post and immediately go into their shot. They rarely do.

Tang Man wrote:
Eaxactly. He bought Shaq in because Amare wasn't man enough to handle having a half court offense run through him in the post. Glad that you at least admitted to that bro.

Wow, just wow. I've said it before, but clearly you're not living in reality. In case you don't know, the Suns didn't actually play half court basketball last season even after the Shaq trade. They didn't become a half-court team until Porter became the head coach. The fact that you don't know that and are trying to make an argument that it was because "Amare wasn't man enough....." is such utter demonstrates you total lack of knowledge of how the Mike D'Antoni Suns played basketball. Amare isn't even a post player nor doe he try or pretend to be. He plays in the pick n roll with Nash or faces up in isos, and the team did better with that than they did with Shaq.

Only you would use the Marion for Shaq trade as an example of anything other than Steve Kerr's incompetence. Maybe when you finish high school you can come up with something that makes sense.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Ummmm, did anyone actually think the 76ers had a chance in that series even after they won the first game??? A win is a win. You asked me if anyone has ever averaged 35ppg and lost a series not expecting an answer, and now that you realize it happened you have to disqualify the examples. No matter what, it's still a 5 game series. You just hate to admit that Amare couldn't be stopped by arguably the best defensive big man of this decade and had an awesome series. It's kind of pathetic that you refuse to acknowledge that with some of the most vague, illogical reasoning I've ever seen.

I'll make it easier for you because you seem to have a hard time understanding anything. Just post the chances of a team winning a series after winning the 1st game. Then post the chances of a team winning after being 0-3. That will settle this argument. If you don't post the numbers I'll take it that you have conceded DEFEAT, which of course is the ONLY outcome in this debate.

tharock220 wrote:
So let me get this straight, you're argument is that since the Spurs beat the Suns in 05, the Mavs beat the Spurs in 06, and the Mavs beat the Suns in 06 meaning Suns<Spurs<Mavs??? Is that the line of thinking you're using??? Because if so it's one of the stupidest things I've ever had to read. It's very simple, the Suns in 05 beat the Mavs with Amare, the Suns in 06 lost to the Mavs without Amare. The Spurs shouldn't even figure into this because it's an entirely different set of matchups. This kind of argument would be laughed at by any basketball fan. Using this kind of stupidity I could say that since the 95 Supersonics lost to the 95 Lakers who lost to the 95 Spurs who lost to the 95 Rockets then the 96 Rockets should have beaten the 96 Sonics. It's called matchups. LMAO!!!!! I still can't believe you actually tried to pass this off as an argument.

The Suns had the best record in the west in 05 and won a meaningless game against the Spurs in the WCF. The following year they push the team with the 2nd best record in the West to 6 games. History shows they had more success in 06 without Amare. You just can't admit it. I feel sorry for you for thinking 4-1 > 4-2. You need to go back to kindy bro. :oops:

tharock220 wrote:

Let's conveniently ignore that the 1986 Bulls were without Michael Jordan for 64 games. Let's also ignore the 05 Spurs leading scorer, rebounder, and shotblocker missed 16 games. The entire Suns' starting lineup missed 14 games total that season. Even with this larger handicap as well as playing at a slower pace the Spurs had a larger average margin of victory than the Suns that year. Only a moron would actually attempt to argue that the Suns were truly a better team in the regular season. LMAO....so yeah I'd say you got handled in that post and this post.

Of course. I bet Jordan was playing along the side the MVP that season too. In fantasy land, the Bulls John Paxson was named the league MVP in a huge surprise over Larry Bird. The Bulls went into the series winning 62 games. The team was coached by the coach of the year. They were heavily favored to win the series. Jordan, like Amare was just useless. There you happier bro. Amare is the greatest player of all time. Feeling better bro?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tharock220 wrote:

I know what a dribble is. Even Pry probably knows what a dribble is. You don't know what a cross screen is. Malone got a bit of a push as he recieved the pass took a dribble and took the shot. It didn't even qualify as a post move which is what a turnaround is. How often do you see guys receive that ball in the post and immediately go into their shot. They rarely do.

What bro????????????????????????????????? You mean that Malone was closely GUARDED. I thought assists ONLY occurs for dunks, layups and OPEN shots bro??????????? You admitting DEFEAT yet again!!! :oops: Now now bro you don't have to cry. It's not the 1st time you have been WRONG.

tharock220 wrote:
Maybe when you finish high school you can come up with something that makes sense.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe when you finish kindergarten, you will finally understand that Amare play in a system that puts little emphasis on defense and more emphasis on inflating his offensive stats. Had he play a little defense, his 37 ppg average may actually mean something more than a token game 4 victory.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm
supraman wrote:
procrast wrote:
uh, maybe it is because he has missed 1/4 of the season for the last 3 years. how is this even a debate?

how can anyone bring up the foreign thing since 3 of the 5 first team players in 06-07 are not even from the states...nash, duncan , and dirk...

and there is no way yao is better than howard..howard is a way better rebounder, and a way better shot blocker, the two most important things for a center...not even close athetically, 5 years younger, and has no history of serious injuries...but somehow yao is better cause he shoots better freethrows and has a better offensive game, yea because yao creates his own shot all the time...

amare and yao is more interesting tho...i would prob take yao if he play a full season this year...but it is not crazy to take amare either...even tho this year is supposed to be his off year...his number are still pretty decent and about the same as yao...terry porter is also running the offense thru shaq now which is killin that team...and so what that sun forums complain about him...every rockets forum complains about yao...

i agree with you about the howard comparison but no way amare is even close to Yao

until yao plays a full season i can not pick him over amare...and even then it is not a easy choice...why is it not even close?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:

I'll make it easier for you because you seem to have a hard time understanding anything. Just post the chances of a team winning a series after winning the 1st game. Then post the chances of a team winning after being 0-3. That will settle this argument. If you don't post the numbers I'll take it that you have conceded DEFEAT, which of course is the ONLY outcome in this debate.

It's a meaningless argument. You're trying to add some sort of meaning to that first win that just wasn't there. The Sixers lost 4-1 and weren't considered a real threat to the Lakers just like the 76ers. No one who actually knows basketball would try to make this argument which explains why you're trying it.

Tang Man wrote:
The Suns had the best record in the west in 05 and won a meaningless game against the Spurs in the WCF. The following year they push the team with the 2nd best record in the West to 6 games. History shows they had more success in 06 without Amare. You just can't admit it. I feel sorry for you for thinking 4-1 > 4-2. You need to go back to kindy bro. :oops:

The logic is very simple. The beat the Mavs in 05, they lost to the Mavs in 06. The Suns won 62 games in 05, they won 54 in 06. You have my pity if you actually think you're making a point with that. I'll just make it simple and turn it around on you. With Amare they got through the 1st two rounds in the 10 games in 05. Without Amare they got through the 1st two rounds in 14 games. Try again kiddo. :oops: :oops:

Tang Man wrote:
Of course. I bet Jordan was playing along the side the MVP that season too. In fantasy land, the Bulls John Paxson was named the league MVP in a huge surprise over Larry Bird. The Bulls went into the series winning 62 games. The team was coached by the coach of the year. They were heavily favored to win the series. Jordan, like Amare was just useless. There you happier bro. Amare is the greatest player of all time. Feeling better bro?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey man, it's not my fault you didn't know Michael Jordan missed most of the 1985-86 season with a broken foot and decided that the Bulls were a 30 win team with Jordan that year. Only a fool would call Jordan useless. He put on a show for the ages and played a great series, but lost to a better team. With you're wierd logic you're arguing that because Amare lost to a better team his awesome play that series is somehow degraded to 3 points and 1 rebound a game. He's the only player from the 2002 draft to average 30ppg in a playoff series. Refute that or just shut up.

Tang Man wrote:

What bro????????????????????????????????? You mean that Malone was closely GUARDED. I thought assists ONLY occurs for dunks, layups and OPEN shots bro??????????? You admitting DEFEAT yet again!!! :oops: Now now bro you don't have to cry. It's not the 1st time you have been WRONG.

LMAO, a person loses so now they change what someone says. I assists are only on dunks, layups, and open shots. I said almost invariably.....oops I used you don't know, almost always, I also said turnarounds rarely(not never) get an assist.

As for Malone, his man didn't even have a hand in his face. If you PM me I'll explain the play the Jazz ran to you.

Tang Man wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe when you finish kindergarten, you will finally understand that Amare play in a system that puts little emphasis on defense and more emphasis on inflating his offensive stats. Had he play a little defense, his 37 ppg average may actually mean something more than a token game 4 victory.

LMAO, kindergarten after I said high school, that's so creative. I'm sure your special ed teachers will give you a tin foil star tomorrow if you tell them you said that. :lol: :lol:

Besides, like I said, if you're best argument against Amare is that he was arguably outplayed by the best power forward in history then that's a pretty pointless argument. I'm sure the system had something in place to increase his scoring average by 11ppg from the regular season to the playoffs.

It would still be nice if your original argument as to how Amare's current play means his 1st team selection in 07 was bad could be explained further.

Who should they have picked???

Dwight Howard and his 40 win team???
Yao Ming and his 34 missed games???
Ericka Dampier in a season where he didn't average double figures anything???

ROFLMAO, admit it, the only reason you think Amare didn't deserve that selection is because he's a rival from Yao's draft class. So now after I exposed the sheer stupidity of your original argument we're off on this wierd tangent about assists, an 05 playoffs series, and the fact that you think Jordan was on the floor during the regular season in 86 and only won 30 games. You can't put forth any logical reasoning and that's why you fail.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

It's a meaningless argument. You're trying to add some sort of meaning to that first win that just wasn't there. The Sixers lost 4-1 and weren't considered a real threat to the Lakers just like the 76ers. No one who actually knows basketball would try to make this argument which explains why you're trying it.

More delusional rubbish from dumbrock. It's pretty obvious the you need to go to mental hospital. No numbers produce = DEFEAT for tharock.

tharock220 wrote:

The logic is very simple. The beat the Mavs in 05, they lost to the Mavs in 06. The Suns won 62 games in 05, they won 54 in 06. You have my pity if you actually think you're making a point with that. I'll just make it simple and turn it around on you. With Amare they got through the 1st two rounds in the 10 games in 05. Without Amare they got through the 1st two rounds in 14 games. Try again kiddo. :oops: :oops:

You'll agree the goal of every team is to win a championship right? In that case were the Suns not ONE game closer in 06 than they were in 05? I rest my case. You have been defeated in every which way in this thread and still in your own delusional world, you think you have gotten the better end of the stick. It's too funny.

The orginal debate was whether Amare's 37 ppg average was the biggest NON FACTOR in the outcome of a series. That has now been well and truly put to bed that it was.

The rest of your post is just more garbage typical of an angry man who has lost the battle but not willing to admit defeat. I will no longer address anything you write in this forum, because it's pretty clear that you don't have a f**king clue what you are talking about.

Like I've said, anyone that tries to bring Jordan down to Amare's level is lower than a snake's belly. That's you bro.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:11 am
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
nig1 wrote:
well he's a failure in the playoffs, a liability on defense, is not a crunch time player (although he's getting better), injury prone, and Dwight Howard has surpassed him. At least he's gonna be a 20-time All-Star :lol:

Yeah the highest rebounding and shot-blocking player in your team is a liability in defense. GENIUS !!! :roll:

Well, let's look the issue objectively, the stats can be deceiving at times, for how tall he is, he should be leading the team in those categories. In fact, he should be getting higher numbers on those stats. But those stats don't necessarily tell the whole story about a player's ability on defense. The fact is we did witness how he got burned in the playoffs against the Jazz. Boozer was a step quicker than him and often score on him. In reality, Yao has his strength as well as weaknesses. Speed is something Yao normally has trouble with. Sometimes I think he can be very effective and sometimes I do think he can be liability too. What comes down to it, is about the match ups.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:18 pm
Tang Man wrote:

More delusional rubbish from dumbrock. It's pretty obvious the you need to go to mental hospital. No numbers produce = DEFEAT for tharock.

LMAO!!!!! Irony is a person who doesn't post any numbers asking for them.

[/quote]

Tang Man wrote:
You'll agree the goal of every team is to win a championship right? In that case were the Suns not ONE game closer in 06 than they were in 05? I rest my case. You have been defeated in every which way in this thread and still in your own delusional world, you think you have gotten the better end of the stick. It's too funny.

Of course I'd agree, but your logic about a team winning fewer games in the regular season, needing 14 games to get out of the 1st two rounds, and losing to a team in 6 games they had beaten in 6 only a season previous somehow amounts to them being better without Amare Stoudemire makes about as much sense as a black man hiring a Nazi lawyer.

Tang Man wrote:
The orginal debate was whether Amare's 37 ppg average was the biggest NON FACTOR in the outcome of a series. That has now been well and truly put to bed that it was.

The rest of your post is just more garbage typical of an angry man who has lost the battle but not willing to admit defeat. I will no longer address anything you write in this forum, because it's pretty clear that you don't have a f**king clue what you are talking about.

Like I've said, anyone that tries to bring Jordan down to Amare's level is lower than a snake's belly. That's you bro.

No, the debate was originally about Amare's 1st team selection. Pretending his performance was irrelevent because you don't like him is just stupid.

Who's trying to bring Jordan down to Amare's level??? You asked for a player who averaged 35ppg in a playoff series and lost other than Amare expecting it to not have happened, but when you realized it had you had to switch gears and say ****** like "well those guys played better" and "and losing 4-1 is different than losing 4-1 if you win the 1st game of the series". All your doing is wiggling in place because you don't know what else to say.

So don't address my posts any more it just shows you can't come back with anything substantial and have to resort to twisting things around so they look how you want. I mean arguing with you is like arguing with a creationist. Your little spat of anger just proves you can't make a case for what you're saying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
procrast wrote:
.......every rockets forum complains about yao...

Even the clutchfans site , filled with Yao Haters, were full of threads d!$$ing, bashing and teasing about Tracy McGrady but not Yao Ming...... :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:40 am
User avatarPosts: 12453Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Tang Man wrote:
......More delusional rubbish from dumbrock. It's pretty obvious the dumbrock needs to go to mental hospital.

the goal of every team is to win a championship. In that case were the Suns not ONE game closer in 06 than they were in 05? I rest my case.
    You have been defeated in every which way in this thread and still in your own delusional world, you think you have gotten the better end of the stick. It's too funny.

unsolicited / unvarnished opinion that captures the essence of the 2-bit 2nd-rate pretender that is the dumb roc

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Actually, the goal for every team isn't all about winning the championships. A lot of teams know they don't stand a chance whatsoever. Teams set their goals accordingly, not blindly.

Offline Profile