Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 am
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:

You just don't get it do you bro?????? Amare shortcomings as a player has been there for years. It's just now that he has been expose for those flaws more than ever.


EXACTLY !!!

[size=117][color=darkred]Sicne the departure[b] Mike D


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:03 am
Posts: 17908Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm
After all these discussions, Yao is still the best center in the NBA.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
So let me get this straight. You're argument against Amare Stoudemire's 1st Team All-NBA selection in 2007 is his play in 2009???? Hmmmm, I guess Charles Barkley's 1993 MVP is a joke because he's not averaging 0 points and 0 rebounds this season. I'm clearly dealing with someone who's not in touch with reality.

LMAO and how many forums do you visit????


You just don't get it do you bro?????? Amare shortcomings as a player has been there for years. It's just now that he has been expose for those flaws more than ever. The Suns not willing to give him up for KG was just plain dumb.

As for your statement about Barkley. That's about as dumb as you can get.

Of course the Barkley thing was dumb, and it was a perfect analogy for what you were saying, but it gets better.
So now a player can't be picked for the 1st team because he might not be playing well in 2 years and he has shortcomings???

Shaq's shortcomings(no pnr defense, can't make ft's) was still there in 05 and his play in 2007 was hardly impressive. You still can't make an actual argument can you???

[quote]EXACTLY !!!

Sicne the departure Mike D


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Unlike Tang Man, you're just straight up ignorant. I'm sure he had his jumpshot when he was a rookie and had the ability to dribble as well right??? If he stagnated when he was 22, then that's a great place to stagnate at. Currently, he's the only player in his draft class to average 30ppg in the playoffs.


And where did that get his team may I ask? I have never seen anyone who score so much in a play-off series but yet was so uninfluential in the final outcome of the series. That may have something to do with the fact that for the 30ppg he scored he gave it RIGHT BACK to the guy he was 'guarding'.

temuchin wrote:
howard on the other hand is dumb ****** who's like 6'9" and dunks a lot. he's never going to be more than that


Howard is different to Amare. He is a great interior defender and rebounder. While he doesn't have the shooting range that Amare has, I'll take his post up game over Amare's anyday.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:

And where did that get his team may I ask? I have never seen anyone who score so much in a play-off series but yet was so uninfluential in the final outcome of the series. That may have something to do with the fact that for the 30ppg he scored he gave it RIGHT BACK to the guy he was 'guarding'.




So now you're argument against Amare is that he got outplayed by who??? Well that's debatable that Amare even got outplayed by that guy, but if he joining a bigass club. The fact is the rest of the Suns got shut down in the series we're discussing. This is like saying Yao and T-Mac were uninfluential in the 05 Dallas series rather than they were just playing a better team.

You're nearing Laker-fan patheticness with your argument. Sad indeed.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:20 am
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
This Amare IS GREATER than Yao talk has absolutely NO RELEVANCE to this topic!

For all you Amare fans posting here in Yao's club please watch and study the game more closely:

Unlike Yao, Amare is not a true center. Amare plays PF similar to how Duncan is being utilized in San Antonio--albeit he's a shorter, lless skilled and less intelligent version of Duncan. He's feared for his athleticism, shotblocking and potential (which by the way is quickly diminishing as is Yao's after 5+ NBA seasons and several injuries). Amare IS quickly becoming one of the better face-the-basket jumpshooting BIGs in the game (Very Intimidating huh?). Yes, he has shown much improvement in his jumpshooting game--which by the way he didn't develop until his second year. However, in the discussion of PF/C player types Duncan AND KG pwns Amare's arse. Duncan should always be in any discussion of the present day best NBA center.

Heck, all you Amare fans out there forget that your idol is NOT even the most dominant force on his own team. Shaq has been proving that he's got some fuel left in the big deisel. In the playoffs when it really matters Shaq will likely be the first option down low while Stat gets his stat playing sidekick. Yep, any discussion about best center in the league should not exclude the MDE as well so long as he is still serviceable. As much as people think Yao is a sidekick to Tmac-->Amare is moreso on his own team given all the big names they have.

Following all logic, how can anyone believe Amare to be a better center than Yao when Amare isn't even the best center on his own team? Sure, He's the best PF on his team I'll give you that BUT it wasn't what you Amare fans came here to argue about. Was it?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:48 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
MnYaoFan wrote:

Following all logic, how can anyone believe Amare to be a better center than Yao when Amare isn't even the best center on his own team? Sure, He's the best PF on his team I'll give you that BUT it wasn't what you Amare fans came here to argue about. Was it?


Well, Amare Stoudemire has regressed that much that his fans had turned against him, and he is fastly becoming a MISFIT and a defensive liability in his team that his GM and Head Coach is ready to shop his @r$e around and will not be hesitate to trade him for some other players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11294057


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:59 am
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PRY's is a certified Amare hater, because Amare won the ROY award over Yao. your hatred is mis-guided. u should direct your hate to Rox's clueless Asst Coach, who took over for Rudy T in the last month of Yao's rookie year.

he mis-used (under-utilized) Yao such that the last month was Yao's worst month of the season. that sealed the ROY award for Amare
pryuen wrote:
Well, Amare Stoudemire has regressed that much that his fans had turned against him,
don't think u understand the meaning of regressed ? stop embarrassing yourself. :oops: :oops:
pryuen wrote:
and he is fastly becoming a misfit a defensive liability
Amare's quickness and shot blocking ability, and willingness to elbow peoples make him an intimidator on defense.

Yao's lack of quickness, inability to play BIG and overly gentleman-like behavior on the BB courts, at times, makes him a defensive liability.

ps. Kobe, for a while, was becoming a misfit angling for the team to trade him.
pryuen wrote:
in his team that his GM and Head Coach is ready to shop his @r$e around and will not be hesitate to trade him for some other players.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11294057
the Suns wanting to trade Amare doesnot mean that Amare has regressed. just the opposite. Amare has improved so much that he has become a valuable trade bait.

PRY, im embarrassed for you, for your twisted logic.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:

Amare's quickness and shot blocking ability, and willingness to elbow peoples make him an intimidator on defense.



I always thought you have good reading comprehension and reasoning ability !!! :roll:

Quote:
Though he certainly possesses the size and athleticism to defend, Stoudemire long has struggled to make an impact on that end of the floor. Under D'Antoni, for whom Stoudemire produced 21 30-point games last season, those deficiencies were masked.


Quote:
More to the point, Stoudemire's inability or unwillingness to meet Porter's defensive demands are no longer so easily disguised. Stunningly, he has averaged 5.7 rebounds in the last 11 games. Phoenix is one of 12 teams allowing more than 100 points per game, and of those, only Denver has a clear path to the playoffs.


If he is SO GOOD in his defense, do you think the defensive-minded Terry Porter will be willing to give him up??? :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:36 am
User avatarPosts: 12417Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
If he is SO GOOD in his defense, do you think the defensive-minded Terry Porter will be willing to give him up??? :roll:
your ignorance is such that you make Porter out to be some BB genious.

For your education, Porter previously had failed as a NBA coach. if Porter was as good as you make him out to be , why was he fired as a NBA coach way before his contract was up for renewal ?

Porter inability to get the best out of Amare only underscores his deficiency as a NBA coach.

your twisted logics---reading what you want to read (anything bad about the guy who (in your twisted mind) had stloen the ROY award from yao)---only underscore you BB ignorance :roll: :oops: :oops:


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 4 of 8
72 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron