Author Message

<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Why has Yao never been 1st Team All-NBA????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Posts: 125Location: ChicagoJoined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 am
Dr. No wrote:
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
Howard is a joke, a supersupersuper center who doesn't even know a hook shot.
obviously, u don't know much about the NBA. knowing how to shoot a hook shot is not a requirement to be a superstar. fyi, Shaq, D Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Moses Malone, Alonzo Morning, etc., just to name a few, never had a hook shot.

Neither did Chamberlain.


Oh, Shaq will be mad. Very mad with you about no hook shots. Chamberlai will wake up once again, just for you. Ewing, Malone....

Are you kidding, DOCTOR? yes, center is different concept now; but they are still the closest player to the basket. Even Bynum are improving his hook shots.

Why do you think Howard got owned each single time by Yao? He is stronger, faster, even more popular than Yao; but he doesn't know hook shots, and he cannot bypass the Great Wall. And when did you Howard was double teamed? I honestly don't see much and I haven't seen a single game that Yao is not double teamed.

But I do agree with you that hook shot is not a requirement to be a star, not at all.

About the rebound, I agree, Yao's stat is pathetic. But if you watch a little more closely, Yao usually did a good job to block the offensee for the rebound; that helps out a lot guys like Scola or Landry to control the rebound. Team work.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 12423Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
... Are you kidding, DOCTOR? yes, center is different concept now; but they are still the closest player to the basket. Even Bynum are improving his hook shots
....
But I do agree with you that hook shot is not a requirement to be a star, not at all.
way to contradict yourself :!:
MengHuiHanTang wrote:
...About the rebound, I agree, Yao's stat is pathetic.
:roll: u think :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

Why was it a joke??? He was the leading scorer and rebounder on a 61 win team.


If you don't know the answer then I'll just take it that you don't know very much about basketball.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

Why was it a joke??? He was the leading scorer and rebounder on a 61 win team.


If you don't know the answer then I'll just take it that you don't know very much about basketball.


LMAO....good answer. I'm just gonna assume you don't have anything better to respond with.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:

LMAO....good answer. I'm just gonna assume you don't have anything better to respond with.


Bro you do make me laugh. I mean have you watch Amare and the Suns lately? Why don't you go read a few suns forum and see what diehard suns fans think of Amare. The suns are a team in free fall now having just lost to the Bobcats. Amare got pretty much own by Boris Diaw.

Quote:
It's not about hating Stoudemire, but being honest about what he is as a player. Namely, that means that he is an outstanding finisher, a terrific face-up shooter, and a prolific assisted scorer, but that he is also spotty, mediocre, or a continual liability at every other aspect of the game (individual defense, team defense, boxing-out and rebounding, passing, post-up offense, self-created shots).
That's all there is to it. He features some terrific strengths, but he's nowhere near a complete basketball player.


Quote:
Honestly, I used to LOOVE Amare...about 2 months ago..Now I can't stand him because now I realize he really isn't a superstar type of player, he's just a decent offensive player, He has no defensive skill and he's a garbage rebounder...Say I'm an Amare hate, I really don't care because RIGHT NOW, I really do hate Amare, he's been stinking it up the past couple of months...


Last edited by Tang Man on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
The comparison between Yao and Howard is a valid one, just like Yao was compared to Amare. Yao is a better offensive threat, ft shooter and passer than Dwight, But Dwight is a much better rebounder, shot blocker, drawing fouls and still improving his offense.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Tang Man wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

LMAO....good answer. I'm just gonna assume you don't have anything better to respond with.


Bro you do make me laugh. I mean have you watch Amare and the Suns lately? Why don't you go read a few suns forum and see what diehard suns fans think of Amare. The suns are a team in free fall now having just lost to the Bobcats. Amare got pretty much own by Boris Diaw.

Quote:
It's not about hating Stoudemire, but being honest about what he is as a player. Namely, that means that he is an outstanding finisher, a terrific face-up shooter, and a prolific assisted scorer, but that he is also spotty, mediocre, or a continual liability at every other aspect of the game (individual defense, team defense, boxing-out and rebounding, passing, post-up offense, self-created shots).
That's all there is to it. He features some terrific strengths, but he's nowhere near a complete basketball player.


Quote:
Honestly, I used to LOOVE Amare...about 2 months ago..Now I can't stand him because now I realize he really isn't a superstar type of player, he's just a decent offensive player, He has no defensive skill and he's a garbage rebounder...Say I'm an Amare hate, I really don't care because RIGHT NOW, I really do hate Amare, he's been stinking it up the past couple of months...


So let me get this straight. You're argument against Amare Stoudemire's 1st Team All-NBA selection in 2007 is his play in 2009???? Hmmmm, I guess Charles Barkley's 1993 MVP is a joke because he's not averaging 0 points and 0 rebounds this season. I'm clearly dealing with someone who's not in touch with reality.

LMAO and how many forums do you visit????


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:
So let me get this straight. You're argument against Amare Stoudemire's 1st Team All-NBA selection in 2007 is his play in 2009???? Hmmmm, I guess Charles Barkley's 1993 MVP is a joke because he's not averaging 0 points and 0 rebounds this season. I'm clearly dealing with someone who's not in touch with reality.

LMAO and how many forums do you visit????


You just don't get it do you bro?????? Amare shortcomings as a player has been there for years. It's just now that he has been expose for those flaws more than ever. The Suns not willing to give him up for KG was just plain dumb.

As for your statement about Barkley. That's about as dumb as you can get.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Tang Man wrote:

You just don't get it do you bro?????? Amare shortcomings as a player has been there for years. It's just now that he has been expose for those flaws more than ever.


EXACTLY !!!

[size=117][color=darkred]Sicne the departure[b] Mike D


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 am
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
pryuen wrote:
Tang Man wrote:

You just don't get it do you bro?????? Amare shortcomings as a player has been there for years. It's just now that he has been expose for those flaws more than ever.


EXACTLY !!!

[size=117][color=darkred]Sicne the departure[b] Mike D


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 8
72 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum