<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming: Let's Hope This Is The Turning Point of Our Season

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Read this post-game interview of Yao Ming by Wang Meng of Titan Sports after the incredible win over Boston Celtics. Probably a telephone interview.

In it Yao Ming talked about the win, why he had an eruption, his assessment on the performance of his team mates, and what he thought this victory meant to the team.

ENJOY !!! :P :P :P

[quote][size=109]

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-01-09/ ... 2310.shtml

Reporter Wang Meng of Titan Sports reported from Houston

So for the first time in the past 14 games, there was laughter in the visiting team changing room, and the victors, unexpectedly, were the Houston Rockets who had suffered consecutive defeats on the road. For the past 2 weeks, after losing on their home court to the bottom team of Eastern Conference, the Washington Wizards, the Houston Rockets had lost successively to the Toronto Raptors, the Atlanta Hawks and the Philadelphia 76ers on the road; and out of 2 of the 3 of the defeats, they were thrashed without showing minimum fighting spirit. But here in Boston, playing without Tracy McGrady once more, the Houston Rockets however played with courage and uprightness, and managed to beat the Boston Celtics 89:85 to halt the winning streak of 13 of the defending champion on their home court.

Yao Ming also managed to finally come of the haze of the past weeks. He was the man of the match of this game, with 26 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists. After the game, he received the following interview from our reporter.

Titan Sports: Prior to this game, have you ever thought that your team can win in Boston?

Yao Ming:
To tell you the truth, I had never thought about this. Even after the first half, and well into the third quarter, I was still of the opinion that we probably would lag behind for the rest of the game, and the game could probably be decided in the last seconds. I never thought that we could lead in the final stretch of the game. Right before the game, I

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
hope not, do it

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:33 am
Thanks pryuen, for posting the interview. Let's hope that the team would get a new start from this victory as Yao mentioned.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:56 am
User avatarPosts: 321Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
It would be nice if this is a start of a 22+ winning streak.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:59 pm
Yao says the same thing over and over after a win. We all know now, not to be to excited.

They win 1 game, and lose 4 games. Than come back and win another game...

Lets see how well they perform tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
last 5 games: 19 turnovers, single digit rebounding in 4 of 5 games.
Tonight, 30% shooting, 6 TO's vs NICK COLLISON & NENAD KRISTIC!!!
Is that what you call a superstar? Keep talking the talk Yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
nig1 wrote:
last 5 games: 19 turnovers, single digit rebounding in 4 of 5 games.
Tonight, 30% shooting, 6 TO's vs NICK COLLISON & NENAD KRISTIC!!!
Is that what you call a superstar? Keep talking the talk Yao.

I think Yao is declining....wheres my Yi.

Offline Profile