<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  01/09 Game 38: Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunders

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 1682Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 pm
Rockets win after Alston misses the free throw on purpose.

98-96

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 pm
LOL! need a mud fight to pull out a win against a scrub team.

The chinese annoucers kept on saying "Yao's tired."

My feeling about watching Yao "I am tired."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
UGLY UGLY WIN !!! :twisted:

But I'll take that any time of the day !!! :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
The Rockets should feel fortunate to win this game, with 37 seconds left the game. It was stupid for T Mac to choose to settle for a long jump shot. They should have gone to Yao down low instead. Frankly, I didn't like the way Yao played this game. He came to the high post way too often. He should have battled hard down low where he belongs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Hey, look on the bright side, no TMac next game :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Photos of Big Yao in action..............

BOX SCORES

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:08 pm
The other Rockets in action........

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:18 pm
bayern wrote:
The Rockets should feel fortunate to win this game, with 37 seconds left the game. It was stupid for T Mac to choose to settle for a long jump shot. They should have gone to Yao down low instead. Frankly, I didn't like the way Yao played this game. He came to the high post way too often. He should have battled hard down low where he belongs.

Well if you have noticed, whenever Tracy McGrady returns to play, Yao Ming will no longer be the go-to-guy as TMAC will become the one to initate the offense and has control of the ball most of the time. Big Yao would then be deployed as a decoy most of the time, running up to the edge of the arc to provide shields or doing picks and rolls with TMAC......and very often his role will be sort of downgraded to placing more focus on defense and other dirty blue-collar work.

Yeah.....that shot was a very bad selection......He did not even try to dry up the shot clock, and left the Thunders with 15 some seconds for their last offense, when the game was still a 2-point game.

Luckily the Thunders missed thier subsequent shot.

It almost wasted the 7-point contribution of Big Yao in the last 2 minutes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:33 pm
pryuen wrote:
bayern wrote:

Well if you have noticed, whenever Tracy McGrady returns to play, Yao Ming will no longer be the go-to-guy as TMAC will become the one to initate the offense and has control of the ball most of the time. Big Yao would then be deployed as a decoy most of the time, running up to the edge of the arc to provide shields or doing picks and rolls with TMAC......and very often his role will be sort of downgraded to placing more focus on defense and other dirty blue-collar work.

Yeah.....that shot was a very bad selection......He did not even try to dry up the shot clock, and left the Thunders with 15 some seconds for their last offense, when the game was still a 2-point game.

Luckily the Thunders missed thier subsequent shot.

It almost wasted the 7-point contribution of Big Yao in the last 2 minutes.

There is a lack of contribution from Yao this game. TMac played very well instead.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Yao should be the Batman and T Mac should be Robin. That's how it was when Hakeem and Clyde Drexler played together. Yao can't be used as a role player. He should be the main focus. You just don't ignore the biggest dude on the floor. If you want to use him to run some pick n'roll plays, then that's fine with me. But if you just want to use Yao simply as a screen to free the dribbler, then let someone else does that. It's wasting Yao's energy to run him back and forth for nothing basically.

Offline Profile